Which is the Best Cortana?

Kahn 319

Member DIN
S319
So i recently got my hands on a Halo 4 launch poster which has the Halo 4 Cortana on it, and it's got me thinking about all the different Cortana's throughout Halo's life. I do really like the Halo 4 Cortana in design but i feel like the halo 2 cortana had more personality as a character. id also like to throw the Halo infinite "weapon" into the fight because i really like her design and character as well. I feel the Halo 3 Cortana was mostly absent as Chief was getting flashes more than actual dialogue for a lot of the game. I haven't played halo 1 recently so i can't speak for that one. In Reach Cortana barely has a presence and in 5, well....you got Forunner stuff going on and i kinda like her battle suit but she was honestly kinda annoying. Curious what your opinions are on this topic, and i guess kinda what i was saying earlier best design and best character don't have to be the same game. thoughts?

So i recently got my hands on a Halo 4 launch poster which has the Halo 4 Cortana on it, and it's got me thinking about all the different Cortana's throughout Halo's life. I do really like the Halo 4 Cortana in design but i feel like the halo 2 cortana had more personality as a character. id also like to throw the Halo infinite "weapon" into the fight because i really like her design and character as well. I feel the Halo 3 Cortana was mostly absent as Chief was getting flashes more than actual dialogue for a lot of the game. I haven't played halo 1 recently so i can't speak for that one. In Reach Cortana barely has a presence and in 5, well....you got Forunner stuff going on and i kinda like her battle suit but she was honestly kinda annoying. Curious what your opinions are on this topic, and i guess kinda what i was saying earlier best design and best character don't have to be the same game. thoughts?
I mean, I think design goes to halo 4, and personality to 2, but that’s just my opinion

I like the design on Halo 4. However, it is really nice to see how much Cortana has changed from the first halo games till now. Halo infinite Cortana twin design isn't bad either. Personality wise is "ehh" I do like Halo 2 Cortana as well. Halo 5 design was pretty detailed but was too emotional for an AI in my opinion. Halo 2 anniversary looked off.

I would have to say that I liked Cortana most in Halo 2 (remastered/remake) since her design and personality in that game is perfect. I really don't like her in Halo 3, but only because she makes me feel like a PC player when my FOV gets increased to the max whenever she talks :lol:

I would have to say that I liked Cortana most in Halo 2 (remastered/remake) since her design and personality in that game is perfect. I really don't like her in Halo 3, but only because she makes me feel like a PC player when my FOV gets increased to the max whenever she talks :lol:
What's wrong with PC players? :(

What's wrong with PC players? :(
Nothing is wrong with PC players. Just making a joke about the intense FOV change during the Cortana (and Gravemind) bits. I'm a bit of a PC player myself and have been playing MCC on it when my Fiancée wants to play Xbox on the TV. I've been playing Starfield on it recently, since I'm a snob for frames and Xbox is locked to 30fps.

Nothing is wrong with PC players. Just making a joke about the intense FOV change during the Cortana (and Gravemind) bits. I'm a bit of a PC player myself and have been playing MCC on it when my Fiancée wants to play Xbox on the TV. I've been playing Starfield on it recently, since I'm a snob for frames and Xbox is locked to 30fps.
i run an ultra wide monitor and it has ruined gaming for me, 3840x1080, if a game doesnt have ultrawide support its unplayable

Pretty sure halo 4 Cortana is my favorite, I really like the style they depicted her in and her attitude in 4. however 4 was the first halo i really gamed in, i was too young when reach launched to really appreciate it so 4 is kinda my halo.

ah, my first halo game was reach which didn't really have cortana in it, but i get it.
My first game was also Reach. Does the package count as a version of Cortana?

I agree with zyamaha and galacticwombat for her designs in Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 5. H2A is so polished and 5 has such a great armored design that not enough people talk about.

Also honorary mention for CE. I love CE, but that game is practically duct taped together. I love the goofy lines they accidentally left in like "that cave is not a natural formation" or how she'll occasionally have British lines.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back