wow i just thought of something amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran3nbusby117

hello everyone so i have been doin some thinkin recently and i thought of something great thats silly easy. if you have guns you can put a magnet on it and put a magnet on your suit to put it on and take it off you can buy these things called rare earth magnets and they are supposed to be really strong, i wonder if that would work

As long as your weapons are light enough, this can be used with great success! Here's a shot of my magnum hanging out on my thigh. It holds very well, but does get knocked off if it gets bumped at an angle.
FB_IMG_1445927443874.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1445927443874.jpg
    FB_IMG_1445927443874.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 169
Thanks! And I did use rem's (n50 strength if i recall correctly). They hold super strong in the direction of the magnets' pull, but they dont hold up super well when any shear force is applied.

Also, if you use too many magnets to keep an item from falling off especially when getting bumped around, you might damage the gun or armor as the magnets will pull out of the piece.

That picture.... LOL

I have my moments ;)

Hey Phil, could you explain how you mounted your magnets to the foam? Was it just with hotglue or did you use another adhesive or method?

So the way I mount my magnets makes it not as strong as it potentially could be, but I know my magnets won't pull free. I usually hot glue the magnets flush with the main piece of armor, and then add a 2mm piece of craft foam detailing over and around the magnets, kepping them securely in place, but unfortunatEly leaving 4mm of displacement between the magnets.

This is exactly what I was planning on doing for my pistol and railgun I've been working on. probably gonna need multiple super strong magnets both on suit and in gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back