Yet Another DOOM Slayer Praetor Suit (2016) Build

A few updates after a long while (NEW Photos and arm blade progress)​

So it has been quite a while since my last update. I moved and just didn't have as much time and space to continue working on my cosplay.
I was on some conventions which were quite cool, here are some pictures:
DSC02252.jpg
DSC02248.jpg

DSC02304.jpg
DSC02191.jpg

DSC02263.jpg
DSC02313.jpg
I love my new belt, but it still could need some improvements, so I will rework the cod piece again and probably also paint it.

The DOOMBLADE (Arm blade)​

Even tho I did not attached my rocket launcher yet I already started working on another attachment for my doom cosplay, because some guys asked me to do the arm blade:
78226-364.jpg

Actually, the DOOM Slayer from DOOM 2016 doesn't have an arm blade, this comes only with DOOM Eternal. But is quite cool, so I am planning to add it to my DOOM 2016 cosplay anyway.

I mean just look at it:
doom-eternal.gif

There is a model on the internet which you can buy for printing, but the model is static, so there is no way to retract the blade or extend it. But I want the blade to work just like in the game, so of course I designed my own version of the arm blade from scratch :D
ArmBladev1_extended.JPG
ArmBladev1.JPG

I already printed a prototype and it looks awesome:
IMG_20230527_164806606.jpg

It also can be extended like in the game:
IMG_20230608_103719152.jpg

But the mechanics are not very good yet, it still needs some fine tuning for it to extend and retract smoothly.

And boy is this thing huge:
IMG_20230527_165800135.jpg

This is the actual scale from the game, but maybe I want to scale it down if I reprint it.

That is all I have for you today :D Thanks again for all the likes and comments. Feedback like that keeps me motivated :)

Last edited:
This looks awesome, I'm super hyped to see the final version of that arm blade especially
also tower fan stand gang! I did that too x)

Well as mentioned earlier in my thread I really do not recommend to use an EVA foam template, if that is the template you are talking about, because it is just not good, but I also do not know which template you are using. I got mine from etsy and it was not worth it.

Anyway to answer your question:
I printed all my armor parts at 100% scale. So all my printed armor is 1:1 scale to the original. But I am also pretty tall I'm 6'4'' (1.95 m), my size comes pretty close to the original size of the DOOM Guy from the game which is 6'8'' (2.03 m).

So if you are 5'6" to 5'8" and do the math you should print your pieces at a scale of about 88%.

The armor is pretty bulky so by design all pieces are really big and you need a lot of padding anyway, so a scale of 88% is just an approximate recommendation value, for some pieces you might want to go even lower and for other you might want to keep it big.
Thx, and it just sucks to be a bit short sometimes

Hey there! I was thinking of trying something similar to what you have here, and I was wondering if you have an estimate on what this cost (aside from the printer of course). This really is just such an incredible build, and (as I'm newer to the 3D printing scene) I was wondering if you had any painting/gluing tips?

Hey there! I was thinking of trying something similar to what you have here, and I was wondering if you have an estimate on what this cost (aside from the printer of course). This really is just such an incredible build, and (as I'm newer to the 3D printing scene) I was wondering if you had any painting/gluing tips?
I am often asked about the cost of my cosplay. Unfortunately, I've never calculated it.
But let's see, as I am curious too:
  • Glue, EVA foam, clips, straps and velcro: 220 €
  • 3D printing filament (PLA and PETG): 250 €
  • Spray paint, primer, filler, clear coat and sandpaper: 120 €

So in total it costed me about 600€ (or $ 650) in materials alone.

This is only an approximate calculation based on the orders I have found. I highly under estimated how much materials I needed, so I did multiple re-orders. You can probably have at least 50-100€ less in shipping costs if you directly order more. But you also need to order from different stores, as there is none that will have all you need. If you plan to paint your cosplay, do not make the mistake that I did and buy expensive colored filament. Just go with cheap black filament, that you will paint.
The calculation also excludes tools that I have used, like Dremel, cutting knife, heat gun and of course my 3D printer.

My painting tips:
Watch professional tutorials of people painting plastic parts of cars on YouTube. I mean there are probably also people who will tell you how to paint 3D prints, but people who paint cars for a living have way more expertise on how to paint things the correct way. At least that is how I have learned it. Preparation is everything. Take your time to sand each part until it's smooth. Use thick primer to get rid of 3D printing layers. Sand after priming and then do like 2 layers of color and do not forget the clear coat as final layer to protect it. Not gonna lie painting is very laborious.

My gluing tips:
I have used a glue that is called "contact cement" or "contact glue", see: Buy Contact Glue | Cosplayshop.be
This is VERY strong. You can use it to glue EVA foam or to glue 3D prints to EVA foam. For gluing 3D prints together superglue will be fine.

I hope that helps you or others who will read this. Also sorry for the late response. Not that active here anymore.

Last edited:
Dang, that's looking amazing! Wish I had the dedication to do something amazing like that :) do you have any tricks to size the fingers?

Last edited:
Dang, that's looking amazing! Wish I had the dedication to do something amazing like that :) do you have any tricks to size the fingers?
Thanks, yeah it takes a lot of dedication, took me over a year and theoretical I am still not finished yet ^^. But if you want to do it go for it. I am happy that I did.

My trick to size the finger is to simply print all files for one finger and then see if it fits.

Take my files from thingiverse. I have glove size L. If you do not know your glove size you can also go to a store that sells gloves and try some on. If it is too big scale it down a little bit. There is no better way than to just try and error. Luckily printing one finger does not take a lot of time or filament. I hope that helps :)

Thanks, yeah it takes a lot of dedication, took me over a year and theoretical I am still not finished yet ^^. But if you want to do it go for it. I am happy that I did.

My trick to size the finger is to simply print all files for one finger and then see if it fits.

Take my files from thingiverse. I have glove size L. If you do not know your glove size you can also go to a store that sells gloves and try some on. If it is too big scale it down a little bit. There is no better way than to just try and error. Luckily printing one finger does not take a lot of time or filament. I hope that helps :)
Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back