Gears Of War Lancer + Paintball Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSloan76

Hey everybody. I've been lurking for a few months as I was finishing up my first molding/casting project. Now that it's complete I can show it to you.

This is a Gears of War Lancer prop that fits over my Tippmann A5 paintball gun. I made the master from balsa wood, then I created silicone molds and then made casts of the parts.

This is my first time doing a project like this. My good friend, "Blue Realm" (known him for years) told me all I needed to know via telephone and email, so special thanks go to him.

Sorry it's not a Halo item. I love Halo too. For propping though, I went with Gears. Hope I can have a home here anyway.

These are pics of the finished product. I do have tons of progress pics if you guys want to see those too.

I am also planning to create some special parts that will convert this to a prop (no paintball gun). When that's complete, I'll be able to make either one.

Yes, I photoshopped the decals in the first pic. I still need to print them out and put them on.
No, I will not be doing the lighting for the paintball gun. Prop? -Maybe

My jaw just fell off.

This is awesome! What are you doing in the noob section!? Mods, you need to promote this guy to a veteran!

very nice job!!! i didnt notice the teeth being backwards at first, but other than that very very nice.

Friendly said:
Nice! Only one thing, though. The teeth on top of the chainsaw are backwards.

Holy crap! I never noticed. Oh I'm so pissed! I can fix it though. Just pop out those three and make some new ones. 1hr tops. I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks amazing!
It's hard to believe you made the original completely out of balsa! Did you have to fill the wood grain before you made the silicone mold?

RSloan76 said:
Holy crap! I never noticed. Oh I'm so pissed! I can fix it though. Just pop out those three and make some new ones. 1hr tops. I'd say.

Haha! Why are you pissed? All you have to do is cut them off and turn them around. That's all.

Wow, that looks great. What type of plastic and molding silicone did you use for the casts. I really wanted to make a Lancer but I have been busy with other junk. Keep up the good work.

Did you ever make the full lancer or just so it could attach to your gun? Amazing work!

As stated in original post, I am planning on creating a few special parts like a gun grip, to enable me to create a prop with out any paintball gun involved.

smick6 said:
Wow, that looks great. What type of plastic and molding silicone did you use for the casts. I really wanted to make a Lancer but I have been busy with other junk. Keep up the good work.

Molds: Mold Max 30
Plastic: Smooth Cast 300

I'm surprised no one has asked but Can you upload a vid
of this thing in action. Kill us some Locust!!! or something. .

Great work, but seriously a video plz . .

Can someone please remove this gentleman from the noob section?

When you said you "photoshopped the first pic" my initial reaction was, "ya, but he did a damn good job to get that entire lancer on there." Then I of course, realized, that you entirely completed the project, and that your detail was just too remarkable to tell the difference. Great work!

I promised myself that if I ever make a lancer, a working chain is a must. Not gas, electric most likely.
But its not hard to fake the engine noise a bit.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back