Props Blueprints Halo 3 Spnkr Rocket Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Figured I'd keep the title of this thread consistent with the one LeeKegan posted for my H3 SR schematics; make it easier for people to find both, and any similar threads I post in the future (I expect there might end up being more than a few of these threads, lol).

Anyway, on with the pics! (FYI, this thing measures 14" tall by 43 1/2" long) :D

SPNKr Schematic -- Draft # 01

SPNKr Schematic -- Draft # 02

SPNKr Schematic -- Draft Comparison

For the first draft, you'll notice a basic drawing of the HALO (1) SR underlying the very rough and crude RL.

The reason for this being, since I was using a HALO (1) size comparison chart I'd found online (which showed both the SR and RL pretty much next to one another) I decided to compare the size and proportions of the SR, using it as a reference to determine the overall layout of the RL, since I'd already drawn up schematics for the SR.

From there it was just a simple matter of referring to the pics package bevbor linked me to, as well his eDrawing file, so I could "tweak" and re-arrange some of the details and proportions as necessary to get the right look (ie. lengthen the launch tubes and grip/launch assembly).

The third pic I posted shows a direct comparison between the two first drafts, so everyone can see what I started out with, and what changes I ended up making to my initial design in order to make it more representative of the in-game render/model.

And there you have it for now. Questions or comments are welcome :cool:

Thanks, Lee! At the rate I've been going with this one (only started on it a day ago, lol) I hope to have the rest done shortly.

I plan on drafting both side profiles, given the different details on each, as well as the front/rear views. Do you think I should also draw up the dorsal/ventral views?

Considering I never provided those for the SR blueprints I posted here, I thought it might be a good idea to do so this time around, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
Thanks, Lee! At the rate I've been going with this one (only started on it a day ago, lol) I hope to have the rest done shortly.

I plan on drafting both side profiles, given the different details on each, as well as the front/rear views. Do you think I should also draw up the dorsal/ventral views?

Considering I never provided those for the SR blueprints I posted here, I thought it might be a good idea to do so this time around, lol.

Yes, for this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Excellent work Sparten II, keep it up. Between yours and Wizard of Flight's plans we'll have the entire UNSC arsenal available eventually. :D

LeeKegan said:
SPARTAN II said:

Yes, for this one!

Agreed. :cool:

LeeKegan said:
Yes, for this one!

Loess said:
Those are some really nice drawings Spartan! (y)

juliet76 said:
Excellent! Excellent work Sparten II, keep it up. Between yours and Wizard of Flight's plans we'll have the entire UNSC arsenal available eventually. :D

[...]

Agreed. :cool:

I guess that settles it then, lol. I'll also draft the dorsal/ventral (as in top/bottom) schematics for the SPNKr. Given how quickly I've been working on these ones, hopefully I'll have them ready within the next week or so. I've got some spare time coming up this weekend, so that'll definately help.

Though a bit off-topic, relating to the SR thread, I'll try to work some time in during this project to finish the front/back and dorsal/ventral schematics for that one. Okay, back on topic now, lol.

And thanks for the compliments, fellas. I'd like to think the quality of my work could be up to par with Wizard's, lol. I actually have schematics for the AR and SR from the first game drawn up, as well as the BR and SR from the second game, and even though I know others have posted their own versions of those I thought I may still put those up here as well.

Of course, my main focus at the moment is the SPNKr (and the remainder of the SR) schematics, so that comes first. Don't want Lee to be without a good set of blueprints for his next project after all, lol. As I can now scan them into my computer, I'll be able to simply e-mail them to you, rather than having to send them via snail-mail to you again (unless you'd prefer another original, hand-drawn set to work with) :p

SPARTAN II said:
I actually have schematics for the AR and SR from the first game drawn up, as well as the BR and SR from the second game, and even though I know others have posted their own versions of those I thought I may still put those up here as well.

You might as well at some point, and collect them all into one thread like Wizard's when there's enough to warrent it. Someone may get bored enough to start up a display cabinet showcasing the evoloution of the SR, BR, etc. Heck, just the evolution in blueprint form would be worth having (but I'm a bit strange). :)

Back on topic. How's those SPNKr drawings coming, done yet? :p

juliet76 said:
You might as well at some point, and collect them all into one thread like Wizard's when there's enough to warrent it. Someone may get bored enough to start up a display cabinet showcasing the evoloution of the SR, BR, etc. Heck, just the evolution in blueprint form would be worth having (but I'm a bit strange). :)

Back on topic. How's those SPNKr drawings coming, done yet? :p

BOLD # 1: That's what I was thinking of doing actually, lol. But like you said, only after I've drawn/posted enough to warrant such a thread being made.

BOLD # 2: I'd be the same way, so you're not the only weird one here, lol. In fact, I have found it kinda kewl to see the progression of the different weapons in the schematics I've done. Maybe others would, too.

BOLD # 3: No, not yet. I'm not that fast, lol. Besides, been spending the better part of the evening catching up with a friend online (haven't talked to her in about a year and a half, so a lot of catching up to do). If we finish chatting soon enough, I'll have time to work on them a bit. If not... there's always tomorrow night.

EDIT: In regards to BOLD # 1, I actually managed to find a thread I'd posted way back when showing pics of the HALO/HALO 2 schematics I'd drawn up ("A few things on the horizon..." thread). It was one of the first threads I'd ever posted here, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
... Besides, been spending the better part of the evening catching up with a friend online (haven't talked to her in about a year and a half, so a lot of catching up to do). If we finish chatting soon enough, I'll have time to work on them a bit. If not... there's always tomorrow night.

No need to rush on my account, I've got more than enough projects to keep me busy for the moment (like finishing my first set of armour and I'm researching the H3 shotty). It would be a very cool build though.

Oh, and it definately will be a kewl build indeed, once Lee gets started on it (has to finish with the SR first though, lol).

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is rush this. Given my anal-retentive high standards for detail and accuracy that I typically impose on myself (both for my own prop builds and the schematics I draw for them), I won't release these until I'm 110% satisified with the end result, lol.

I'm hoping to have these all done within a week, but we'll have to see how far I get with it by the end of the weekend.

I swear... sometimes I can be my own worst enemy when it comes to such things. Perfection (or as close to "perfect" as possible) has its price :p

For the first time in almost two months I don't already have anything social planned for the coming weekend. So, perhaps I'll take the opportunity to just devote all that time to this. Besides, the one person I was really wanting to spend some time with isn't available this weekend, so it kinda works out this way, lol.

I'm looking forward to these as well. I'd love to take on a rocket launcher build. Will you be making these available for download once they're complete?

I'm glad to hear that. I hope you like what I come up with.

To answer your question, as I'd mentioned in my last post here:

SPARTAN II said:
[...]

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is rush this. Given my anal-retentive high standards for detail and accuracy that I typically impose on myself (both for my own prop builds and the schematics I draw for them), I won't release these until I'm 110% satisified with the end result, lol.

[...]

And as I'd mentioned in another related (the H3 SR) thread:

SPARTAN II said:
[...]

When I do manage to finish up with the SR here though, I'll be sure to post links to the PDF files along with the other ones I put up back on Page 01 of this thread. Just have to clean up (as in delete) some of the attachments in my profile, and I should then have enough space to post the rest of them once they're complete.

[...]

So yes... I will be making these available to others once they're done to my exacting standards. Won't accept nothing but the best from myself, as I take pride in the drafting work I do for any of the prop schematics I've done.

I'll probably do the same PDF file attachment approach for people to download from as I did in Lee's H3 SR blueprint thread.

EDIT: I was just thinking about when I put these new schematics up, and something occured to me. Given the size of these (the side profile alone is eight standard 8" by 11" pages; the largest I'd done before this was only three) and the fact I'm using a standard at-home All-in-One printer which only scans in 8" by 11" pages one at a time, just one full schematic would equal eight PDF files to download.

I've still got another five schematics to start drafting on top of this, so to try and save each section of each schematic to my hard drive to then put here for download in such a manner would be rather cumbersome and inconvenient for some, I would imagine. I'll have to rethink how I'm going to make this one available for downloading (maybe it would be easier for me to e-mail them to people upon request; that way no one has to download them one piece at a time). Hmm... *ponders*

You know, I've seriously got to get myself some professional, large-scale drafting paper instead of just using X number of pages of printer paper for these, lol.

SPARTAN II said:

I've still got another five schematics to start drafting on top of this, so to try and save each section of each schematic to my hard drive to then put here for download in such a manner would be rather cumbersome and inconvenient for some, I would imagine. I'll have to rethink how I'm going to make this one available for downloading (maybe it would be easier for me to e-mail them to people upon request; that way no one has to download them one piece at a time). Hmm... *ponders*

You know, I've seriously got to get myself some professional, large-scale drafting paper instead of just using X number of pages of printer paper for these, lol.

I think your Idea about e-mailing is a good Idea, but you could post the full pics for people to see.

You can buy roll paper to do your drawing on, or get Auto CAD. Just some suggestions!

LeeKegan said:
I think your Idea about e-mailing is a good Idea, but you could post the full pics for people to see.

You can buy roll paper to do your drawing on, or get Auto CAD. Just some suggestions!

Oh, I'd still post full pics of the schematics as I finish each one. That's what I was planning on doing, but then just e-mail the actual files to you and whoever else may want/need them for their projects.

As for the roll paper, thanks for the suggestion, buddy. I hadn't even thought of that actually, lol.

I don't know if I'd go with AutoCAD really, as I have zero experience working with any of those programs, so it would take me forever to get the hang of it and be able to do these schematics. For now, I think the traditional pen-to-paper approach would be quicker.

Update-wise, to be honest I haven't done up anything more yet as I woke up this morning feeling rather craptacular, and so have just been nursing myself back to health. I hope to be able to do more on these tomorrow.

I'll keep everyone posted.

SPARTAN II said:
Oh, I'd still post full pics of the schematics as I finish each one. That's what I was planning on doing, but then just e-mail the actual files to you and whoever else may want/need them for their projects.

To be honest I'd be happy enough if you just did each view up on a single pdf with a reference measurement (say length) and we scaled the rest of the dimensions from there. I enjoy drawing and dimensioning up stuff myself, as a matter of fact I've nearly finished modifing an old table into my drawing desk with pigeon holes, draws, an old tv (so I can link up a 360 and look at stuff in game for reference) as well as ethernet connection so I can look at the 405th/pdf's. :)

I don't know if I'd go with AutoCAD really, as I have zero experience working with any of those programs, so it would take me forever to get the hang of it and be able to do these schematics. For now, I think the traditional pen-to-paper approach would be quicker.

I'm the same. I've got about two and a half hours mucking around experience with autocad and apart from modifying existing drawings I can't do much with it. Unless you've got someone who can show you how to use it and hours to spend on it or a good manual and even more hours to spend on it don't bother (just my opinion of course!). Give me a pen and paper any day, I can do it quicker and keep more hair in my head that way. ;)

But on a similar note I downloaded google sketch up this week and am finding it fun to muck around with it's fairly easy to use (if you watch the video tut's) 3D models. I'm using it to hopefully get an idea on how to go about a prop build in the not too distant future. :)

juliet76 said:
To be honest I'd be happy enough if you just did each view up on a single pdf with a reference measurement (say length) and we scaled the rest of the dimensions from there. I enjoy drawing and dimensioning up stuff myself, as a matter of fact I've nearly finished modifing an old table into my drawing desk with pigeon holes, draws, an old tv (so I can link up a 360 and look at stuff in game for reference) as well as ethernet connection so I can look at the 405th/pdf's. :)

I'm the same. I've got about two and a half hours mucking around experience with autocad and apart from modifying existing drawings I can't do much with it. Unless you've got someone who can show you how to use it and hours to spend on it or a good manual and even more hours to spend on it don't bother (just my opinion of course!). Give me a pen and paper any day, I can do it quicker and keep more hair in my head that way. ;)

But on a similar note I downloaded google sketch up this week and am finding it fun to muck around with it's fairly easy to use (if you watch the video tut's) 3D models. I'm using it to hopefully get an idea on how to go about a prop build in the not too distant future. :)

BOLD # 1: The problem with that is, well... I'm primarily drafting these schematics to aid Lee in his on-going builds. As such, I know he would benefit more from a 1:1 scale than a scaled-down version, as that saves him having to scale it up himself and allows him to be able to start work on the physical model right away.

I could always do up single-page schematics and scan in them as PDF's for others (like yourself) to use in the manner you suggest, but it should be understood that those would have to come after I've finished with the full-size ones I'm doing at the moment.

BOLD # 2: You and me both, buddy. I think I'll just stick with the old fashioned approach, lol :D

SPARTAN II said:
I think I'll just stick with the old fashioned approach, lol :D

I wouldn't mind taking these into illustrator and converting them to vectors for you if you're interested. I can also host the files for download if that would help with distribution as well.

Well, thanks! I've already received an offer from another 405th member to convert the PDF files of my SR schematics to AutoCAD, so it would be great to have my RL schematics converted as well. That would definately make it a helluva lot easier to distribute these for download, lol. I'll send you a copy of these once I'm done drafting them. Your offer is much appreciated, dude :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back