I Built An Rc Warthog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

This is my first post on the 405th outside the intro thread, but I've lurked on and off for a few months now. Awesome site!

Anywho, I built this rc 'hog about a year ago, following Pro-Line's release of the Helios body (which looks suspiciously like an M12 ;)). I didn't want to ruin it by sticking a crawler chassis under it, I wanted something a little more scale-looking. I chose the Losi Mini LST. I lengthened the chassis and rear drive shaft to fit the wheelbase, and built the interior out of a piece of sheet plastic. console display furthest to the back is a map of the map "Avalanche". The license plate is *surprise surprise* "117", and I printed out a tiny bumper sticker reading "I survived Delta Halo". The figures themselves came from a Halo 2 mini figure pack, and the Elite and the SPARTAN on the M41 were both hand painted (they came in "active camo"). Before anyone says anything, I know the figures aren't quite up to scale with the truck itself, but it was better than using the full-size figures. I won't bore you with all the nuts and bolts, but the build thread can be found here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...amp;hl=covenant

Without futher ado, here are pics:
1001001h.jpg

1001002z.jpg

0000630i.jpg

0000632.jpg

1001022q.jpg

1001024p.jpg

Dude that so rocks!
They need to do an official one that would be fun.

I did a halo branded RC buggy for an extreme RC paint competition. It actualy won. Below are a few pics.
Jammin2.jpg

Jammin8.jpg

Jammin4.jpg

roguewarrior2001 said:
Dude that so rocks!
They need to do an official one that would be fun.

I did a halo branded RC buggy for an extreme RC paint competition. It actualy won. Below are a few pics.
Jammin2.jpg

Jammin8.jpg

Jammin4.jpg

That is NICE!!! Please tell me you didn't run it with that body, it's way to nice to run!

EDIT: Forgot to mention: since I built this, Pro Line came out with a 1:10 scale version of the Helios body, mine's 1:18 scale. So conceivable, there is a body out there the size for the McFarlane figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
UHm yeah I ran with that body. It heald up pretty well but after a few long A mains it started to ware. I have hence sold the car, but it was a great project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back