Hd Hayabusa Helm By Agbates

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandomfo

I Separated the helm in two files since it was too much of a pain to unfold. I made it fairly simple to build but it still will take a couple hours to pep. And as far as scaling goes, I made it the same height as the old Busa helm was. But if you change the scale of the base helm, you must also change the crown too.

As of now, the scale for the Base Helm is: 32 cm in height and 4.268374 in Scale number

For the Crown, It is: 31.5 cm in Height and 4.268374 in Scale number

BOTH FILES MUST HAVE SAME SCALE NUMBER TO PEP CORRECTLY.

Hayabusa Helm; Base Helmet

Hayabusa Helm; Crown

Also, if you see anything wrong with it. Tell me to correct it.

Blah.jpg

Crown.jpg

i think it looks great with out the power ranger spikes...lol i would wear it just like that..

@Kasper
Lol it's not supposed to be like that but oh well. I think it'll be an interesting build though.

thats a great job from you and Abagates this will make smoothing and detailing helmet alooooot easier thats why i lost interest in my old haya not to mention its a little small need to trade it off for sumthing different and build this one lol

@Jjack

Haha I see. I never really took interest in Busa helm when it was first released. But now, I am itching to pep this thing :D

Nice unfold SS.
@Jjack: I would have to agree that it would make smoothing alot easier. You could probably find a "hole & pin" method to attach them together with epoxy once it's done too.

@mks81

I am kinda curious on how other members will tackle this helm. Though your pin idea does sound like a plan.

The only reason I thought of that is because I know that Lee and rube are using the same method on Lee's battle rifle. The only trick would be getting them to line up exactly. Seeing as how there are exact location issues, as well as angle.

Ahhh! Why agbates why? Now you've made me start over, and it's all your fault! :p Haha just kidding dude. I know that when I put this one together it will honestly be 100% worth it. It's fantastic, and your hard work has paid off in dividends! Pepakura Assembly Time!!! ;)

Hey soullessin Amazing job on the unfold man. You said that the base model was somewhere around 31cm. I tried to make abgates preivious hd hayabusa but i scaled it wrong it came out to small. :mad: all that work for nothing. I have no idea how to scale this helm, but i was thinking about 28 or 27 cm would fit a normal persons head. What do you think you should scale it for a normal person? o_O

I think you might want to try at least 27 cm for the base helmet and then change the scale number for the crown part. I have not tested this model out myself due to projects, if yours is a success, try posting up some pics :D

SoullessSin said:
I think you might want to try at least 27 cm for the base helmet and then change the scale number for the crown part. I have not tested this model out myself due to projects, if yours is a success, try posting up some pics :D

ok what do you mean change the scale number for the crown part. I thought that they had to be the same scale to be compatable...

*edit* ohhh ok change the scale number. My bad i didnt get that at first but now i do. Im going to go for 28cm just to be on the safe side. I would rather have a slightly large helmet than one that is to small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back