Wip - My First Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmstrowabarton

I am going to be making the CQB helmet, the Katana chest, and the Security shoulders. I have some friends that want to do this to for the convention we will be going to next year so I will have the stuff for their armors in here to since I will be making them too they want to do a red vs blue theme, I just wanted to do my game armor

Progress might slow down when I get a job again but here is what I have got so far:

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

The CQB on my head

DSC01853.jpg

Forgot about scaling this the first time

DSC01861.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01892.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01897.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

looks really good. A lot better than my friends. Have you decided what type of resin you are going to use? You know what really works good Papier-mâché

From what I've seen, don't use paper mache it usually turns out bad. Stick with the tried and true fiberglass and resin method. You don't want to waste all the time you put into the pep by putting mache on top of it.

Thanks everyone, I plan on using fiberglass for this when it comes time for that but I will be getting the fiberglass from Lowes or Home Depot. I plan to get some more progress photos up but I ran in issues with the scaling of my thigh armor and have to redo it. The hand plate is a bit big for me but it will work good for one of my friends that want to be a spartan too so there will be a smaller one later on

I had some stuff come up this weekend a birthday party and a friend came up to watch transformers on opening night. I have run out of ink in my printer so I will be needing more ink which I don't have the budget at the moment to buy new ones might see how much to have refills done on the the ink. I still have the the left forearm printed out and the Mark IV helm which my roommate was cutting out but at a very slow pace that I will pick up on after the forearm if I still have no ink. So things slowed down a bit but here is the newest pep done.

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

Ok so I am back with some more WIP I had been slack for awhile also was getting settled in to a new apartment. I am finishing up me pep work so I am ready for the warm weather so I can fiberglass and bondo outside. I am redoing my first shoulder and first shin when I made the new ones they looked so much better than the old ones since the old ones where when I was still getting use to peping. I also pepped a MC scale Plasma Grenade for fun I will make some my sized for the armor but I wanted to see the MC size. Here is some progress pics.

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02328.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02335-1.jpg

Hey thats coming along great. Is that Tacky Glue I see?! I'm using that as well for my first build. Been using that glue for years for other costumes. Its not as fast as super glue but I find its nice to be able to reposition a piece if its off a bit and still have the glue dry in a decent amount of time. The plasma nade looks a little big to me but maybe thats just me :lol

Yeah that is tacky glue I think it work just great for doing the pep work and yeah the plasma grenade is huge goes with all things Master Chief sized :)

Wow! Almost a year went by. For a second, I thought that some random person necroed! LOL XD

Anyway, it's looking good. Nice to see that after a long hiatus you have picked back up on your project. :)

Yeah I have gotten side tracked on other things and I also moved a few months ago so I had to get settled in at my new place but I am pushing to get it all done before the the 27th of next month I hope.

Thanks the Forearms where done after I did a few pep pieces which I replaced later on with better versions. I have gotten good at peping just had having to cut all the stuff out like my chest which is over 50 some pages but I will be happy with the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back