Wip - My First Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems when the forums came back up that a few days worth of posts that disappeared so I am re-posting my updates and with more photos to go with the old ones. Enjoy :)

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

REACH

DSC02427.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

Damorian said:
Looks good man, what are you using for the helmet padding? Good stuff. Plan on following this.

The Helmet padding is from a motocross helmet I just stuck the padding in to see if it would work which it did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose its safe to finally start posting now :lol Its lookin great! That rondo method is really working out for you huh, and that motorcycle liner is a good idea. I was just gonna put foam padding in my helmet but I may just go to a motorcycle shop when my helm is almost done and see what liners will fit in mine later. So what are your plans for the torso? I know you'll have to cut it in 2 but how will you have it snap back together?

Kitsune said:
man, just saw this thread. you are an artist with pepakura. very good work. cant wait to see it completed.

Thanks it took a lot work to get the peps done and looking this nice but it wouldn't be possible without the modelers and the people that did great unfolds on these files.

Monicator said:
I suppose its safe to finally start posting now :lol Its lookin great! That rondo method is really working out for you huh, and that motorcycle liner is a good idea. I was just gonna put foam padding in my helmet but I may just go to a motorcycle shop when my helm is almost done and see what liners will fit in mine later. So what are your plans for the torso? I know you'll have to cut it in 2 but how will you have it snap back together?

I got lucky with the motorcycle liner I was going to do the foam padding aswell but I had the helmet lying around so I tried it. Oh and my helmet liner is a large and the pep was sized I think 27cm if that will help you find a liner. The torso I have some plastic buckles that I was thinking of using for putting the armor back together. I was going to tackle the chest after the helmet. Which the helmet got some more bondo the other day and I spent yesterday sanding then I sprayed it with primer filler before it got dark. hope to finish it up in the next 2 days then onto everything else.

Edit:

A small update with pictures didn't want to make another post. I sanded the Helmet some more and sprayed it with primer filler again I also cut my chest armor in half. Tomorrow I will sand the primer a little bit then it will be ready for painting.

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

Update I have done some sanding today. I also found that the COD piece is bit too small Well I was wanting to replace it anyways since it was done with fiberglass, Since I don't have time to replace it so I will use it for this Con put it will be replaced afterwords. I wont be doing full detail on the rest of the armor since I need to get it done a painted before the 27th of this month.

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

Oh noes, are those holes in the chest armor? How did that happen? Some rondo and masking tape should patch those up. And as for the cod I've seen some people just have an adjustable belt within the codpieces so they just adjust it a little bit and it fits though. There will be gaps in between the pouches, front, and backplate but I think thats normal anyway.

Fantastic job so far, I would love to see it finished!. I do have two questions though.

1. What colors are you thinking about going with?

2. How did you apply the rondo to the outside (I know nooby question), you didn't brush it on did you?

Monicator said:
Oh noes, are those holes in the chest armor? How did that happen? Some rondo and masking tape should patch those up. And as for the cod I've seen some people just have an adjustable belt within the codpieces so they just adjust it a little bit and it fits though. There will be gaps in between the pouches, front, and backplate but I think thats normal anyway.

Yeah there are some holes the rondo is thin is some spots and I sanded some higher spots down it will be easy to fix had to do it with the helmet before. I have a belt for the cod piece and I had cut it up but it does seem a bit small still.

DylanMarx said:
Nice job so far.

Thanks

Neoproks said:
Fantastic job so far, I would love to see it finished!. I do have two questions though.

1. What colors are you thinking about going with?

2. How did you apply the rondo to the outside (I know nooby question), you didn't brush it on did you?

Here is a picture of my armor in game this is what I am going to color my armor.

1.jpg

I did actually brush the rondo onto the outside and don't worry about asking questions here it is the best way to learn making armor.

I started painting the helmet I decided on gunmetal grey for my primary color on the armor I put a silver metallic layer over the primer then the gunmetal on top I will be putting black on the top of helmet tomorrow hopefully I can mount the visor in this weekend.

Sliver

DSC02446.jpg

Sliver

DSC02447.jpg

Sliver

DSC02448.jpg

Gunmetal

DSC02449.jpg

Gunmetal

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

I have finished the Helmet, the back half of the chest and I have started the painting on the rest of my suit. The hanging part look like they are lightly misted but in real life they are straight black not sure why the picture makes them look like that.

30398_436584203361_561248361_562176.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02469.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

DSC02472.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

DSC02474.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02476.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

You didn't do the circle thingies on top of the helmet, eh? It looks...different. Not bad, though.

Are you planning on doing some weathering on your armor?

The King Cobra said:
This build looks amazing and you have done everything so fast. Nice Job!

Thanks, doesn't seem fast to me started almost a year ago but did stop for a long period of time. :)

Queen said:
You didn't do the circle thingies on top of the helmet, eh? It looks...different. Not bad, though.

Are you planning on doing some weathering on your armor?

Yeah I kind of like the helmet smoother with out the knobs on the head.

I might do some right know just working to get done before the 27th of this month I do plan to rework some after the convention i am going to. So if I don't get weathering done for this convention I will be working on it afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back