Das Brutus Presents Das Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Brutus

Special thanks to Adam, the members of the 405[sup]th[/sup], Ithica, and the Soaring Hammer Team.

ArmorSig.jpg
Master Chief pic borrowed from BenStreeper

Oh, how the time has flown. Last year, around Halloween I had made what I thought was a bad arse costume… only to discover the 405[sup]th[/sup] shortly after. Following the forum until I could join, I was ready to go on the Fenix Armor! Pepped the torso, cod, and started the shins… all was good until I realized I despised pepping! Large hands and small folds do not mix! My heart sank a bit.

After meeting Ithica, it all changed direction. He and I created Soaring Hammer with the intent of building armor from pep to mold… gathering a group of like minded individuals, we started the process of collecting the best pieces we could find. Many versions of the "Final Design" were weeded through… the process refined… producing his 'Busa suit, many helms, even more weapons, and a smoother way to produce the pieces needed.

Mixing the use of plastic and foam, my personal suit is now at the painting stage.

Drop leg rigs to support the thighs, allowing them to hang from the belt - splitting them and adding elastic for a little extra room … a molle tac vest to support the torso… knee pads to help brace the shins in place… straps and buckles to attach the two torso pieces… helm fans… voice amplifier… MAN! But it is now just waiting for the paint.

I'm using outdoor latex acrylic paint. Flat black as my base, gloss black for highlights, and a grey/silver mix for accents. Why Latex? Works the best on foam, and really well on plastic.

Enough of the rambling… on to the pics!

Boots:

boots.jpg

Shins:

shin.jpg
P8130109.jpg

Thighs (split / showing elastic/ back together):

thigh4.jpg
thigh.jpg
thigh3.jpg

MKVI Torso w/ extra "fat guy" plate (1st coat of paint):

torso3.jpg
torso2.jpg
torso.jpg

Recon Chest (almost finished):

reconchest.jpg

SB MK-VI / RECON Helm (to be repainted):

SBMK-VI.jpg
recon.jpg

AR by Adam:

AR.jpg

M6G / M6C:

M6pistols.jpg

All pieces are either to be painted, or in various stages of paint... none are complete sans the M6G (painted by Ithica and Lovebug)

Not pictured are the cod/butt, shoulders, and guantlets.

and now for what Das Wife calls "clutter" hehe:

waytoomuchstuff.jpg

and yes, there are 2 NAS helms there... I like their stuff! What? Wanna fight about it?

BTW: The mannequin will be dressed once the armor is painted!

Last edited by a moderator:
DYSTORTED INC said:
NICE!! Still in the process of getting your forearms redone, i hate that all that work got flushed down the toilet.

Not to worry... Joe and the crew are bustin' their humps on the same stuff... I just like to have multiples in case of color changes... I'm looking at multiple suits for multiple mannequins. I'm still tossing around the idea of a "hippie chief":p

psychedelic-1.jpg

Nice set of armor! ;) I just got my Ithica recon helmet a few days ago and I'm going to make a recon suit to go with it to. Can't wait to see it all together so I can get an idea on what I should do with mine.

and here's a little custom nugget I'm borrowing from upcoming "Halo: Legends". After the final paint is added, then this little bit of self absorbtion gets thrown in so everyone who sees me knows just who they're messing with! Ha! I'm an arse!

reconchest.jpg

way to go man, by the way where did u get the fat guy plate form is that a Joe latex piece if so joe i may need one too.

Dreads said:
way to go man, by the way where did u get the fat guy plate form is that a Joe latex piece if so joe i may need one too.

I got the stomach plate from Dave... not sure where he got it... I was going to use the Marine stomach until that little beauty wound up in my lap (hehe)...

EDIT: Dave (Ithica) got the stomache plate from Joe (Newspartancreator)

I'm loving it. You ahve a great collection going there. Awesome ideas put forth into action.

Ithica

Tell you what sir: it looks like we need to get you some shelves :)

p.s.

That sure is a nice turn around of the chief you got there ;)

BenStreeper said:
Tell you what sir: it looks like we need to get you some shelves :)

p.s.

That sure is a nice turn around of the chief you got there
wink.gif

working on the shelves... and jacked the turn around from you, I believe!!!!! Go Team Soaring Hammer!

Das Brutus said:
Not to worry... Joe and the crew are bustin' their humps on the same stuff... I just like to have multiples in case of color changes... I'm looking at multiple suits for multiple mannequins. I'm still tossing around the idea of a "hippie chief":p

psychedelic-1.jpg

if u actually make a tie-dye suit like that i will worship you as a god :p

Looking extremely kool! If only I was an American living in Texas *sighs*, you guys sound like a good group, from what i've read on the Soaring Hammer... Lol.

Cheers, Dave.

Awesome collections and paint job.

Love the NAS deepeyes helmet as well. :) That's one of the pieces that got me into this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back