Hunter Costume W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

x117anubis

Jr Member
welcome 405th members since i joined ive been working on somthing to bring to this community that hasnt been done before a costume mainly to wear to comic con 2010. I started right after comic con 2009 and was waiting until i was sure enough abount this project to present it to my friends here at the 405th. As a whole i dont have much done but ehough to know that im going to see this through to the end. I would like to appologise ahead of time for the crappy quality of my pictures and if this is in the wrong forum.

As you can tell from the title this is a hunter costume build using the pep files made by advent spartan matrix and unit spartan 007 (thanks.) ive seen a couple of different hunter costumes all worn like a costume i wanted to do somthing different a fully acurate huner costume when its finished this suit will measure the full 12 feet of a hunter and if all goes well a fuel rod gun that actually fires. im hoping that this will turn out the way i want if it does then it will be my greatest work... i hope. currently i have the boots, thighs, cod piece, and shield peped and one boot is all but painted. My current plan is to get myself 1 foot of the ground using platforms in the boots, im 6 feet tall and the suit will extend another 3 feet past my head not exactally 12 feet but remember that i need to be able to enter the convention hall.) So without further adieo my first real project. (again sorry for the bad quality.)

[attachment=13390:pICT0024.JPG]

if it looks like im standing wierd its because only one boot has a support.

[attachment=13393:pICT0006(1).JPG]

[attachment=13391:pICT0005(1).JPG]

the boot supports

so there are all the suit pieces i have so far i know this project is going to be hard but thats why im doing it. and i know that with the help of the 405th that this suit will one day march with the rest of you. my fist big problem that i would like help figuring out is in the boot supports i had to cut out the bottoms in order to fit the supports into the boot and right now it is not attatched to the boot it self, im going to fill the walls with expanding foam to attach it to the boot and i was given this material to pad the bottoms with for grip...

[attachment=13402:pICT0007(1).JPG]

ive already cut them to size so i need to know what the best way to attach this padding to the bottom of the boot my current plan is to hot glue it to the support and add tack nails for security and then fiberglass around the bottom to attach it to the boot. this is just a theory so i would like to know what the experts would have to say about it and if you have a better plan feel free to pm me. so thanks for reading and hopfully this will be all i expect and ready for comic con next year.

the shield (got a little crazy with the paint one day.)

[attachment=13392:pICT0015.JPG]

First Awesome !!! Now to your question about the glue use something like Gorilla glue or E6000 . Eva Foam tends to peel off hotglue if it's heavy & since it's flexible you will want a glue that moves with it .When you attach the foam make sure you have it weighted down so the glue with absorb into the foam .

I was thinking about a hunter costume yesterday; no one had done an exceptionally 'good' one yet. Best of luck, this could be awesome.

EPIC, please keep this going!

I've never seen a good hunter build, and so far

this one is looking amazing! Keep it up man!

im planning to have it read for comic con 2010 and depending on hwo easy it is to move around in i may enter the costume contest.

update 11/07/09

hi all i got a little more work done today but not much with my chores getting in the way but heres what i got. today i finished filling the left boot with expanding foam and re-attached the entry door.

[attachment=13403:pICT0030.JPG]

also started with some of the basic detailing on the thighs and other boot.

[attachment=13405:pICT0027.JPG]

sorry i dont have more pictures but im a noob and am still having trouble figuring out how to upload more. so until i stop bieng an idiot thats all for now ill keep you posted.

This is SICK!!!

I hope one day I get to make a Hunter Costume!!!

This totally motivates me to make One!!!

Im so impress with your work.

Hello UNSC annubis i was wondering if you could p.m. me your scaling this looks really cool im drooling and i want to make one

I cannot tell you enough how awesome this is. I have been waiting forever for someone to do a hunter. I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

Hi anubis your project is going good,but I think your scaling is a bit off.I too tried once

to make A hunter outfit and all I got done was the shield.fully scaled it was 8 feet tall

and 4 1/2 feet wide.Judging by your picture though your shield is 4 feet.sorry thought I

should tell you.If you want A picture of my shield just say so.

unsc anubis 117 said:
sweetness you should definetly make one that way we could go to comic con as hunter pair...

and it would be AWSOME!

Sure, Dude but just give me the files and tell me what you used,

and Im getting started on the Hunter :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back