Wip Global Agenda Medic (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhoigt

Jr Member
Ok, so the developpers of the game, Global agenda, have given me the models to build this suit:

sketchpagerendersmedic.jpg

I HAVE BEEN SENT THE MODELS!!! but see post # 9 for the model problem

Also, i now learned that i have permission from Hi-Rez to release the files to the public! so as i finish each piece i'll post the files :lol

So now then... im going to be looking for people to be able to unfold that beautifull set of armor? is anyone willing to help?

Good luck with this one, it looks really hard, even when unfolded and all can you imagine wearing this? I wouldnt mind going for an assult suit or a recon suit thou...

ONESHOTKILL808 said:
Good luck with this one, it looks really hard, even when unfolded and all can you imagine wearing this? I wouldnt mind going for an assult suit or a recon suit thou...

although this suit may look hard, when you think about it, i could really make this alot less work by simply using real tubing for the tubes, and making some modified underarmor to give it that plated steel effect.

either way, gotta wait for the models to come first:p

Last edited by a moderator:
sdhoigt said:
Ok, so the developpers of the game, Global agenda, have officially agreed to give me the models to build this suit:

sketchpagerendersmedic.jpg

i have not yet been sent the models, but they have agreed to send them. i beleive an epic smiley is in order

:D (original epic smiley was so epic it lagged beyond beleif)

So now then... im going to be looking for people to be able to unfold that beautifull set of armor? is anyone willing to help?

for the sake of anyone pepping this, i hope its in a fancy texture, cuz it looks crazy hard to make!

IroniumCostuming said:
for the sake of anyone pepping this, i hope its in a fancy texture, cuz it looks crazy hard to make!

well i accept your challenge and add the fact that this suit (and video game in general) has never been pepped or made in RL before... so im on my own (in the sence that i cant go... "im having trouble with the visor for the mk6... what did you do?") for this project.

well... i always did like a challenge... :cool

*Edit well, looks like its low def... well, the bondo might be a challenge :lol

guess what guys... THE MODELS ARE IN!!!

i am already having an undisclosed (for now) friend unfolding the helmet for me (the files may or may not be released, havent asked the devs yet), but i need some help with the suit...

the way they sent it to me was like this...

fullsuit1.jpg
fullsuitback.jpg

So as you can see, i need the individual pieces separated (leg, boot, thigh, torso, etc.) so that the build is possible. it is a .obj so it should be useable by pretty much any editing program. if anyone is available for separating the pieces, and agrees that the files cannot be leaked, please PM me and we will see what we can do

sdhoigt said:
the files cannot be leaked

You told the devs there's not going to be any profit from all this, right? If you did, then I don't think there's gonna be a problem. But, it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Ask them about the terms of use for the files.

Michalanthropos said:
You told the devs there's not going to be any profit from all this, right? If you did, then I don't think there's gonna be a problem. But, it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Ask them about the terms of use for the files.

yes, i did tell the devs that. and yes, i am being cautious. the major 2 reasons that i want to do this though is that:

#1- i cant speak on behalf of all the internet not wanting to profit off a suit of armor if its leaked

#2- i want to be the first to build this armor, then mould it and send a copy to the devs before it (possibly) gets released

If it is that important to you, I suggest you learn the basics of some free 3D program. Letting the files go always means a risk of exposure. People aren't as honest as you'd like them to be.

Frankly, I'm not too sure the developers want the files contained. If they got leaked it would probably mean a lot of free advertisment.

Yes, I'm a cynic.

ok, so i finished pepping the (what i found out to be) extremely low-def thighs... and i have made the knife, given to me by jason02 (thanks again man)

here are the pics:

the thighs (those are not desease marks on my chest, i took this after going paintballing in an invicible you-decide-when-youre-out gamemode... my back looks way worse)

img3598.jpg

and the knife

img3587r.jpg

img3590s.jpg

All I can say man is DAMN!!! If the finished prod looks even half as good as the devs model, then you are gonna have one of the most BA suits yet! Cant WAIT to see how this turns out!!! :D

i was thinking bout updating (sorry if im necroing), so i might as well say that all thats left on the helm is the crown(the forehead part), im on my 3rd try pepping that piece

ive finished pepping one shoulder,

as seen above, both thighs are pepped,

torso and calf are bein unfolded, along with all the torso accessories

That weapon looks pretty neat. Even though I still never really got to play it, although my fiance is still trying to get it to work on his computer, I might like to build one of the female models. I was thinking either the recon or robotics female, but I am leaning a little more towards the recon one. :pAlthough the little extra arm on the robotics one would be pretty cool. XD

I really can't wait to see this finished and to see how you do the green tubing. :p

sdhoigt said:
i was thinking bout updating (sorry if im necroing), so i might as well say that all thats left on the helm is the crown(the forehead part), im on my 3rd try pepping that piece

Pepped it three times? Hmmm, it didn't look so hard on the pdo. Perhaps I'll give the helmet a try.

although my fiance is still trying to get it to work on his computer

Tell 'im I know how he feels. My advice is hakuna matata.

how you do the green tubing

I have an idea. He could take some of this trasparent coloured wraping (I don't know it's name but it's usually around candy) and wrap it around a bendable plastic tube, or even better, inside it. If the tube's transparent too, then all the better. He could put christmas leds (those along a cable) inside the tube and...um plug himself. It just occured to me as I was writing it.

Michalanthropos said:
Pepped it three times? Hmmm, it didn't look so hard on the pdo. Perhaps I'll give the helmet a try.

I have an idea. He could take some of this trasparent coloured wraping (I don't know it's name but it's usually around candy) and wrap it around a bendable plastic tube, or even better, inside it. If the tube's transparent too, then all the better. He could put christmas leds (those along a cable) inside the tube and...um plug himself. It just occured to me as I was writing it.

ya... 3 times, due to excessive unfixable warping

that was exactly what i was going to do, except i was going to use rope lights (seen below), painted with a translucent lime/emerald green paint (green ones are x5 as expensive)

LED-Rope-Light-0408.jpg

sorry about the necroing, but i'd like to add an update to this WIP.

professor-farnsworth.gif

Good news everyone! i have an announcement to make. due to the excessive amount of work, we are a bit behind schedual on our armor.

1_847813039m.jpg

so whats the good news?

professor-farnsworth.gif

I'm not failing history class! :p

and thank you to those who read that in the proper voices, and i would like you guys to know of my progress on the armor.

i have completed pepping:

bicep X1

shoulder X1

calf X1

helm

thigh X2

crotch

buttplate

and am currently pepping:

torso 70% done

im currently searching for my phone so pics will be up shortly

Status