Bioshock 2 W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddychan

Okay these are my works in progress from Bioshock 2. It includes my pep. Subject Delta costume and my molded bunny splicer mask.

Subject Delta - note: this is also in the thread about bioshock 2 armor HERE

heres the model after I cleaned it up

Delta_Cleaned_By_Jeddychan.obj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay I'm going to try adding supports myself because I just learned that in order to make faces you select exactly 3 vertices and then you can just hit "F" to create the face... youtube has been the most help to me so far for learning milkshape...

EDIT: would anyone like to look at this attempt at supports and tell me if Im doing it right? suggestions on where to put them and how to improve it are welcomed... remember, I only did one support on purpose... its not done yet...

EDIT: -I removed the older file with supports since my finished one is well... finished.-

EDIT: and on a sidenote, when I unfold this for myself Im only going to do it in letter, since I dont have much time on my hands... if someone wants to unfold my .obj file feel free, but some credit would be appreciated since this is my first project where Im actually working with models...

EDIT: I have a problem with the first support I made... I opened it in pepakura to test it and parts of the supports arent connected the way they should be and Im not totally sure how to fix it in milkshape. Heres the image showing the problem... As you can see, the red lines on the 3D view show that the faces arent connected, so even if wanted to divide those joints and connect them with tabs, I couldn't...

problem.jpg

EDIT: Im just saying hell with the supports and just making them flat and then Ill just glue cardboard to the back of them... that should make it a LOT simpler and I have plenty of cardboard lying around anyways...

Okay Im just going to make a new post since I finished modeling the helmet. The supports are flat because Ill just glue cardboard to them for the sake of time... and yes, I did go crazy with the supports, and thats because I really dont want this to mess up and warp after I put all the effort into it when I pep it...

here is a link to the finished OBJ file for anyone whos interested:

Delta_Cleaned_With_Supports_By_Jeddychan.obj

Ill be unfolding and finishing it as soon as I can...

and a view of the .obj file in milkshape 3D

Finished_OBJ_File.jpg

ITS FINISHED!

NOTE: I figured out how to make an image act like a hyperlink, heres what to do: (url=link to file here)(img)link to image here(/img)(/url) just instead of parenthesis, ( ), use brackets, [ ]

Subject_Delta_Helmet_By_Jeddychan.jpg

Okay I finished pepping it, but there's one problem... the shoulders don't fit me right... in order to fix them I tried making a body-cast of myself to use as reference, which failed miserably... so I duct-taped together some things and ended up with a mannequin that my animation class helped name Vläd... Vläd helped to show me where I needed to cut and overlap parts of the helmet in order to make it fit me correctly, without making it loose the correct looking shape...

Heres some images showing the finished pepping, me trying to fix it, and Vläd:

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Massive update...

Fixing the massive forehead:

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359-1.jpg

Almost Fixed:

IMG_0349.jpg

Fixed Shoulders and Forehead:

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Me trying out my Christmas presents for the first time (I wonder how many people ask for resin, bondo, and a respirator... lol)

IMG_0374.jpg

First patch of resin:

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

NOTE: I still need to cut the front to look correct on me and glue my supports on to fit me... currently I have one coat on the head and Im going to resin the front and back as soon as I get the supports all set

Im also working on making the pendant out of wood in between the resin drying

IMG_0408.jpg

and finally... my dad being intimidating with my half resined Subject Delta helmet... btw thanks to him for taking the pictures of me working on all of this stuff when my hands were full

IMG_0405.jpg

And because its just easier to seperate the two, heres my splicer mask:

making a cast of my face (note: my mouth and eyes were uncovered so I could talk and watch mythbusters so I wouldn't get antsy from boredom):

IMG_0391.jpg

finished cast after I covered the holes (I was using it as a mold):

IMG_0393.jpg

the plaster mold filled with this stuff my animation teacher had... it was called UltraCal and its almost like really fine cement... I really enjoyed working with it because it made a pretty solid and hefty positive mold... and it was really easy to work with...

IMG_0395.jpg

Soaking the plaster after the UltraCal dried in order to soften and remove the plaster strips:

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

The finished positive made from UltraCal which Im going to sculpt a splicer mask on, out of clay, and then make a mold of the sculpted mask to cast the finished mask in.

I cant remember what my teacher suggested to make the finished mask out of but Ill get back to you when I find out.

IMG_0407.jpg

!!UPDATE!!

Okay as you know, I put delta on hold and Im working on my splicer costume since anime boston is this friday... so I have like 4 days to finish.

tomorrow I hope to make a negative mold of what I sculpted, and possibly cast a mask using the negative... if I cant make a mask tomorrow I might do it tuesday...

and for that one fan going "hey but the mask isnt the only part of a splicer", well, Ive already found a good shirt and vest to use and I can use a pair of my cargo pants... all Ive got to do is add some tears and blood... and find myself some cufflinks... and that takes care of the clothes portion...

Ill probbably upload some more pictures as I progress further...

*commence pictures now*

this is what I started with:

IMG_0407.jpg

the cast of my face, covered in an even layer of clay:

IMG_0414.jpg

my pepakura mask with one coat of resin, for reference:

IMG_0416.jpg

my ghetto boombox which I modded and gave a kickass paintjob:

IMG_0417.jpg

adding some dimension to the ear (forgot to take pics of a few steps on this ear):

IMG_0419.jpg

filling the ear in:

IMG_0426.jpg

one ear done:

IMG_0434.jpg

the outline of the second ear:

IMG_0431.jpg

trimming the outline:

IMG_0442.jpg

basic shape of the ear:

IMG_0444.jpg

adding dimension to the second ear:

IMG_0450.jpg

pretty much done. after I took this picture I just evened things up a bit and touched things up:

IMG_0458.jpg

wow wonderfull delta head, i'm starting a bouncer rosie and rumbler project and want to make the helmets the same way youve done here , how did you get the delta blue prints? if you can help me out with the other big daddy blue prints that would be great

Dr.Marvin said:
wow wonderfull delta head, i'm starting a bouncer rosie and rumbler project and want to make the helmets the same way youve done here , how did you get the delta blue prints? if you can help me out with the other big daddy blue prints that would be great

I got the subject delta model (.obj file) from Captainimpactor and cleaned it up and unfolded it myself... Captainimpactor might've uploaded some of the other big daddy models...

I searched and couldn't find one... could've sworn there was something floating around the 405th... keep looking, and if all else fails, PM CaptainImpactor to see if he can get you the models you're looking for

rivet gun: http://www.4shared.com/file/233359242/ffee57fa/Rivet_gun.html

wildman said:
i cant find the pep file for the splicer mask where did you find it?

I also got the .obj file for the splicer mask from Captainimpactor and did a really quick unfold of it... if I had more time I would've unfolded it better to save sheets of paper, but I can get you both the files as soon as I can log onto my own computer...

EDIT:

heres the .obj file: http://www.4shared.com/file/233358735/90bcf110/Bunny_Mask.html

and heres my crappy unfold: http://www.4shared.com/file/252310866/2fb29fce/Bunny_Mask.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the .obj file for the splicer mask from Captainimpactor and did a really quick unfold of it... if I had more time I would've unfolded it better to save sheets of paper, but I can get you both the files as soon as I can log onto my own computer...

[/quote]

thanks

You are on of the few people i've seen so far use clay(only really been looking around for a short while)and I am excited too see the end product. Keep it up!

Jeddychan said:

Sweet, I'm looking forward too that too.

Jax V. said:
You are on of the few people i've seen so far use clay(only really been looking around for a short while)and I am excited too see the end product. Keep it up!

Sweet, I'm looking forward too that too.

Thanks, I wanted to try my hand at molded armor... or atleast something molded so thats why I decided to sculpt it instead... plus, its going to fit my face better than the pep one...

also, I uploaded the splicer mask .obj file and .pdo file

!!UPDATE!!

this is before I added the ultracal to make a negative mold from the sculpture:

IMG_0460.jpg

and after I added the ultracal:

IMG_0467.jpg

tomorrow in school I plan on scooping out the clay and washing it out to prepare my mold for making masks... hopefully I can make one tomorrow and paint it when I get home from school!

!!UPDATE!!

okay I have updates on my de-mold of my sculpture and my first attempt with ScotchCast, which is normally used for making a cast for a broken arm. The scotchcast was really hard to work with because its sticks to EVERYTHING but the mold... also since it cures as soon as its wet, it decided to cure on me with the moisture in the air. This wouldn't be a problem if wet scotchcast stuck to dried scotchcast, but sadly it doesn't... I might try fiberglass next... and if all else fails, I'll use plaster strips like these:

EDIT: I tried fiberglass on a piece of ultracal that wasn't on my mold and it doesn't stick. BUT! it is suggested to use vaseline to get an easier release...

plaster%20modroc.jpg

Okay so here goes the pictures:

using a spatula to separate the UltraCal from the plywood:

IMG_0489.jpg

the plywood I scuplted on:

IMG_0488.jpg

and the mold with the clay still in it:

IMG_0487.jpg

removing the clay that wasn't impregnated with ultracal:

IMG_0490.jpg

one ear removed:

IMG_0491.jpg

another ear and the ultracal version of my face removed:

IMG_0492.jpg

all the clay removed:

IMG_0495.jpg

------------------------------------------------

my attempt at molding the mask with the scotchcast:

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

!!UPDATE!!

first off, a big thanks to my friend terrance, who acted as my mannequin for when I needed to bloody up my collared shirt with paint for my splicer costume...

his sacrifice does not go unappreciated.

the paint that decided to bleed through onto terrance:

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

and because terrance had to leave, Vläd had to take his place while the paint dried:

IMG_0515.jpg

and now for my progress on the bunny mask

this is the scotchcast that didn't work too well for what I was using it for:

IMG_0510.jpg

as you can see, the parts that dried to early wouldnt stick to the parts that hadn't dried yet:

IMG_0511.jpg

and heres my first layer of fiberglass, which I tried that instead of the scotchcast (note: this is only the first layer and I have done a second layer after this picture):

IMG_0519-1.jpg

and the mask that I pulled out of the mold, just to see what it looked like (note: I put it back in the mold after, so that way I could add the second layer):

IMG_0518.jpg

I FINALLY FINISHED MY COSPLAY!! - and just in time...

sanding the mask the night before AB (note: this was after a LOT of dremeling):

IMG_0525.jpg

first coat of paint:

IMG_0527.jpg

second coat of paint and blood stains:

IMG_0533.jpg

a look at where the straps meet the mask:

IMG_2427.jpg

he elastic straps have velcro for a one-size fits all mask:

IMG_2447.jpg

my weapon of choice:

IMG_0531.jpg

me and Terrance dueling... he helped me with my costume and I helped him:

IMG_2452.jpg

an awesome spartan suit from someone who occasionally visits the 405th:

IMG_2453.jpg

and my favorite picture, which drew like 20 people with cameras... I was lying there for a while:

IMG_2480.jpg

also, I might consider making some masks and selling them... it all depends on if I have time and if anyone would want one... but anyways I don't have an exact price if I do make them, but Ive been working on an estimate of just the raw materials and not the cost of my time and labor.

UPDATE

Okay since Im on april vacation, I decided to work on making a rotocast machine, I finished it, but its still buggy. While I think out all the bugs in my head, Ive made a little progress on my subject delta helmet. So far, Ive added the supports so I can resin the rest of my helmet without parts of it shifting.

side view of the helmet with supports:

IMG_0644.jpg

a hole at the bottom so I can stand it up on a broomstick:

IMG_0643.jpg

some of the supports inside the helmet:

IMG_0647.jpg

Ill add more images once I finish resining and fiberglass the helmet.

!!UPDATE!!

okay, I have an update on my subject delta helmet, my pendant for subject delta, and another splicer mask. Oh and my rotocast machine which is still kinda buggy...

Note: the whole helmet isn't fiberglassed yet, just enough that I don't need the supports I added

SubDeltaUpdatePendant006.jpg

SubDeltaUpdatePendant007.jpg

SubDeltaUpdatePendant009.jpg

SubDeltaUpdatePendant005.jpg

SubDeltaUpdatePendant004.jpg

Now heres my dremeled and sanded pendant. All it needs now is some paint!

SubDeltaUpdatePendant002.jpg

Heres my next splicer mask, which I used to time myself and figure out how quick I can make them. Incase you don't know, its Cohen's mask.

SubDeltaUpdatePendant010.jpg

And finally, heres my rotocast machine which has some problems, but! its made from materials I had lying around: Click HERE for a video of when it was working.

SubDeltaUpdatePendant001.jpg

more updates as soon as I get some more work done!

!!UPDATE!!

Okay, last night you saw what my pendant looked like, and I finished it tonight

What it looked like last night:

SubDeltaUpdatePendant002.jpg

Adding gouges and such with a hatchet:

pendantwgouges.jpg

All finished with paint and weathering:

finishedpendant.jpg

more updates will follow as my costume progresses...

As soon as I finished painting and trying to weather my pendant, I remembered about drybrushing... if only I remembered it sooner... I love it so much more than yesterday... lol

anyways, heres my (revised), finished pendant, with silver in all the gouges and drybrusing around the edges!

IMG_0667.jpg

!!UPDATE!!

after numerous hours in photoshop, I finally finished my arcadia wine label, and in turn, my arcadia wine bottle!

MyArcadiaWineBottle1.jpg

arcadiawine1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back