Wade's ODST suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasaver

Hey guys, Wade from Gobitic Studios here. This is the progress of my ODST suit so far. For most of us this is our first set of Halo armor we've made, and as anyone knows, it's definitely a learning process.

Here's a few pics of my helmet thus far.

pepped with first layer of resin
17.jpg

first layer of rondo on the outer shell
19copy.jpg

many hours of sanding/layers of rondo later...
25-1.jpg

I used weather stripping hot-glued inside for padding. works awesome.
1.jpg

paint test with a visor template
3.jpg

it's by no means done, and I'm currently re-doing the detailing. thanks for checking it out! Also I wanna thank Nighshade and Kirrou for their awesome ODST files.

-Wade

Nice work. Not.
ITS AWESOME WORK.
Seriously though, im new to this whole pep thing, i have made a assualt rifle spare clip before, but i dont know. I need some easy technique that doesnt involve cardstock. Got any suggestions? Pm me if so.

wow this looks great! This hemlet has giving me some hope that I will one day be done pepping and ready to do some rondo good luck with the rest of it

thanks for the feedback guys. Here's a quick update. I did a few more touch-ups with bondo, as well as re-did the detailing. I found a good paint that I think I'm gonna stick with for the final product. It's a satin black with a low-sheen finish. Next I'm gonna do some dry brushing with a lighter grey to give it a worn look.

6copy.jpg

quick update: just added a textured coat followed by an aluminum chrome.
IMG_0927.jpg

then applied splotches of rubber cement. after a coat of black, peeled off the rubber and ended up with a battle worn look.
IMG_0931.jpg

Ninety-five? That's nothing man, we've had temps hit 100+ all week.

Seriously though, that's some great armor you got there. Looks kinda heavy...

^im here in australia so we've got a different temp system so 100 degrees is about enough to cook a meat pie^

also, nice work with the suit! i feel for you man about the whole being to small thing :) my first EVER attempt at an odst helmet, took me a week, and would have just fit an 8 year old ;(

a quick snapshot of my bondo-ed armor pieces

MobilePhotoAug192010103218PM.jpg

with so many armor pieces stacking up, it's great to have a mannequin to store/fit them. check the blog post above for a tut link to make one!
MobilePhotoAug182010110053PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back