My First Armor Build: War Machine 80% and Almost Complete....PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well Make this my War Machine and Iron Man Mark VI build log.

This is my first armor build so be gentle. I have been working on this for quite sometime now and I am almost complete after hundreds of hours of time and roughly $300 later. YEAH!!!!!

I need to light him up with the electronics and do the final modifications like strapping armor pieces to the under suit and a little tweaking here and there for a perfect fit. Also the boots and hands need to be finished up and I think I'm there. When War Machine is done, then it is on to the Iron Man Mark VI Build..... I hope I can do it. ( Yeah it's looking like I Can do it ) Stay Tuned!

Just wanted to give out a special thanks to the 405th Forum. If it wasn't for this Community, this build would not be possible.

My Goal: 1st day of October or sooner. Both suits completely done.

So here we go!

MORE PIC's COMMING......................

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

Photo0052.jpg

******** IRON MAN MARK VI PROGRESS SO FAR 7/20/2010 *********

ironman1.jpg

IMG00085-20100720-1713.jpg

IMG00089-20100720-1804.jpg

More Updates coming soon!

Suburb Detail! Did you vacuum form it?

Straight Pepakura with major fiberglassing, sanding and bondo. Also alot of trip's to Home Depot for the hinges for the articulation in the joints and PVC materials for the Minigun. I just took my time with it and read alot of tutoriol's. I figured that if I was gonna armor for the first time that I would do it right somewhat. Thank's to this forum for all of it's info by the way.

Wow man! That is fantastic! This must have cost a fortune to produce if it is all pep, bondo and fiberglass.

Just shy of $300 but i'm gonna have to shell out more $$ for the El sheets and invereter for the eyes, halo led rings for the hand repulsor's, Fabricate an Arc reactor and last but not least servo's for the face plate and minigun. I looking alltogether at close to maybe $400 completed.

This Build is for my sister. I myself have to still build an Iron Man for me once this War machine is done. The month of October in Las Vegas club's are all about great costumes so we are planning to go together as a pair both Iron Man and War Machine.

Just shy of $300 but i'm gonna have to shell out more $$ for the El sheets and invereter for the eyes, halo led rings for the hand repulsor's, Fabricate an Arc reactor and last but not least servo's for the face plate and minigun. I looking alltogether at close to maybe $400 completed.

This Build is for my sister. I myself have to still build an Iron Man for me once this War machine is done. The month of October in Las Vegas club's are all about great costumes so we are planning to go together as a pair both Iron Man and War Machine.

This is going to look so awesome with the eyes lit up. Have you thought of what you are going to do for the arc reactor?

Still thinking on the arc reactor? Im also kinda stuck weather iI should go fully red with the entire lighting system or split it into red for the eye's and the rest white. That is still yet to be decided.

Still thinking on the arc reactor? Im also kinda stuck weather iI should go fully red with the entire lighting system or split it into red for the eye's and the rest white. That is still yet to be decided.

I don't know if this helps, but I had a great idea for the repulsers a while ago, I haven;t shared it with anyone, but I think someone of your skill would be able to use it and use it well. You could buy a couple of disposable cameras and pull them apart and put the flash on your hand and rig it up so that when you bend your wrist up as high as it goes the flash would go off like a real repulsor. Just some food for thought

I don't know if this helps, but I had a great idea for the repulsers a while ago, I haven;t shared it with anyone, but I think someone of your skill would be able to use it and use it well. You could buy a couple of disposable cameras and pull them apart and put the flash on your hand and rig it up so that when you bend your wrist up as high as it goes the flash would go off like a real repulsor. Just some food for thought

Great idea but those things can give a nasty shock. LOL I will look into that. I think I have a disposable camera somewere.

holy crap that is good! Do you have additional pictures in better lighting? the sun in the background causes the pictures to be a little dark. i would like to see the pure awesomeness of your suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back