Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 405th Challenge Coin anyone?

405th Challenge Coin anyone?

Hey everyone I've been thinking of this idea for a while now and I noticed on the Penny Arcade Expo Forums that they're making Challenge coins for PAX 2010 and I was thinking we should try to get our own.
    Here's a link to the thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=118356

Apparently having a Die made costs about $300 which actually isn't much if we get enough people on this and each coin is about $11

If there's enough interest I'll contact the guy incharge of the PAX coins and talk to him about how it was working with Northwest Territorial Mint

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by MW Immortalking; 08-15-2010 at 02:23 AM.

yes i would be just let me know what you can come up with.
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
    Noob Tipnature: when working with eva foam it is all about the clean edges. the cleaner the edge the better the piece. don't be afraid to bevel the edges.

I'd be down for that, a 405th commemorative coin would be sweet. You could even do a contest and have members submit ideas. Then have the members vote on the one they like the best.
    NOOB TIPNATURE... work smart not hard, test fit often, keep your bondo light, and double check your work often. It's harder to put back something you accidentally removed than to remove a little at a time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misfitjh View Post
    Then have the members vote on the one they like the best.
    I agree with that.

I would be very interested in this.

Just wanted to say something, the guy had the math wrong when calculating paypal's cut Its all just a matter of algebra... (they charge 2.9% on the full ammount you give them, he forgot to account for that)
    x= what you give paypal
    y=paypal's cut

y + 20 = x --> x = y + 20
    y= x (.029) + .3 --> x = (y -.3) / .029

y + 20 = (y -.3) / .029
    .029 ( y + 20) = y - .3
    .029y + .029(20) = y -.3
    .029(20) + .3 = y - .029y = .971y
    [.029(20) +.3] / .971 = y <---- this is the part we are interested in
    = .906 (or .91 rounded up) NOT the .88 he thought...

so, to clear 20$ you have to give paypal 20.91
    just swap the (20) for whatever ammount you want to clear from paypal. so if you wanted to clear 30$... give them 31.21

Just thought you would want to know exacts if this works out so you don't end up losing a few cents on every transaction. Paypal legally has to disclose all their charges else they would not be alowed to function as a financial business...

^_^

Very interested. I think the final price for theRPF coins wound up being like $14 plus shipping so it seems very reasonable.

I think that Adam should be the final one to okay the design though. If this is going to be a semi-official thing, you should get the blessing of the boss man.

This project is going to need a very good 3D modeler/designer too to be successful like the 405th rings (and even those lovelies were plauged by real life problems).

Anyway, I'd be willing to slap the money down for 2 ahead of time (app. $30-$40) to get the ball rolling once a design is created and approved.

Blog Entries
    That sounds awesome! I'm game!
    "Run all you want Agent Texas... We are the Meta, and we will find you... Very soon" -Sigma "The Meta"

I told adam about the challenge coins, but he didnt know what they were lol

I really love the idea, also if the challenge coins start being awesome, we should create like a yearly coin (coin of 2010) or an elite coin or some other stuff

Its like having real life achievements xD, but you have to buy them lol
    "Spartans Never Die, ...They are just Missing in Action"

Quote Originally Posted by sirblood View Post

so, to clear 20$ you have to give paypal 20.91

^_^
    That means youd be paying paypal 91cents right? I dont have a paypal but might be getting one soon thats why i dont know
    and i think the coin idea is awesome
    For All Prop news and tutorials http://www.youtube.com/user/UnitedPropBuilders

I think Your right on the final ok, Adam should have the final say. Also I'd be down for two once the final design is approved.
    NOOB TIPNATURE... work smart not hard, test fit often, keep your bondo light, and double check your work often. It's harder to put back something you accidentally removed than to remove a little at a time.