Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my first attempt buy just tracing and cutting the large sections of the pep files, but the ODST gantlets a more rounded than segmented, it just tappers towards the wrist. So I re did them out of one piece of foam and build the detail out of thin craft foam. This stuff works pretty good! I would imagine that tracing pep pieces would work for a lot of other parts though.

now that the game has come out I really want to make this even better so I added kind of the undersuit on the chest and I started painting my suit to match my character on the game. so here is a few pics.
33bd30fe.jpg

906c43ae.jpg

Love the pics Tim! Glad the helmet worked out! Too bad I won't be around for a while to work on stuff with you. For those of you that wonder about this method and how it looks, I can say from having seen it in person, its phenomenal. You still need mad skills to achieve the personalized details the Tim has achieved, but it is a very viable solution for those in a time crunch, money crunch, or just want to try something new. Tim, thanks for sharing your patterns! I still may want to get with you on a set of shins...

timecon .... You have solved my dilemma of an undersuit.
Your skills with this foam are truly insane.
Consider your idea stolen!! (in a good way) :p

And thanks timecon for the inspiring build, I shall continue to watch the amazingness unfold!
:D

so any news on a how-to vid im thinkin about doin a gears and dr.doom suit this way, and it sucks u didnt make it to dcon this it was great hanging out last year

Hey man, I was definitly inspired by your build here. I've been thinking about doing the rest of my armour like this since it has been starting to get too wet or cold to fiberglass. i've been wondering how you plan to paint? Do you seal the foam with something first?

keep up the awesome work :)

ok I've been totally swamped with work and spending anytime I can working on the suit, to answer a quick question plastidip is what I am using to seal the foam before using plastic spray paint. here is the pics for what I have been working on. utility, shoulder and new smaller chest piece for the sister for a convention.

58ce808b.jpg

606f1616.jpg

1a5da9a3.jpg

4a5988f3.jpg

e45da6f4.jpg

e78503c4.jpg

This is amazing. Timecon, you always have the best scratchbuilds. Admirable work, I hope my scratch builds become as good as yours some day.

Hey Tim, that looks great!!! Too bad I didn't get too see it in person! It looks spot on!! What did you use to attach it?

Omg dude.... Your insane! I love the detail your putting in and the quality that's coming out of this.... Makes me wanna work with different materials and see what else is out there instead of just fibreglassing and rondoing lol

Inspirational work my friend. Keep it up! :D

i had to chase you from theRPF because this is obviously your forum of choice,
could you do a step by step of how you make a piece? (just a small one to show us how your doing this)

and i'd love to know how you managed to build all the angles into the armor, particularly the thigh work, it looks awesome (and the iphone dock in the wrist is great)

hey guys been super busy, I have had a ton of request for a step by step and I wouldn't mind at all but haloween lol is just a little to busy right now but if you look at the pattern in my last post you will realize its just the pep that I'm using minus all the small parts, so for now pics you will have to study, plus Im trying to finish a suit for my sister as I said before, by the 8th and I work 10 hour days in a call center so its not like I have a lot of time, but I will try to put something together in nov, maybe an article about it or vid. any way I finished my sisters chest sunday night so here is the finished product, minus the color scheme she wants.

3435470c.jpg

66148379.jpg

31b5fe5a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back