Malaysian Carter on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red 109

Jr Member
Hey guys! I just thought that I'd make a separate thread for my Carter build. I made one (misleadingly titled "Custom Mjolnir based on Reach") but in the middle of doing it, I decided to try something rather canon first, before going totally custom. So, I decided to build Carter-259.

Anyway, here's the old thread: Custom Mjolnir based on Reach

From now onwards, this will be my Carter thread. Anyone interested in following up on Azriel, please look up the link above. Thanks! :D

Snapshot_20100830_9.jpg

I took these just now, just thought I'd share it with the rest of the of you. The codpiece needs to be trimmed down, obviously. These are all the pieces that I have for now.

The helmet is actually from Noble 6, and rather than printing and pepping a new Carter helmet, I may just mod it to look like Carter's. StevePerv suggested that I go Noble 7. Any ideas?

Snapshot_20100907_5.jpg
This is a shot of the right arm, showing the shoulder armor. I intend to paint the glove black later.

P9070011a.jpg
Here's the full shot. I just realized I should have faced left...

You are a fast man with paper. You should send me some shoulders :) Well want me to write a back story for you'r Carter guy? I can write it up while I'm in my classes.

Thanks, Steve! Back story for Carter? I thought he already had one? Anyway, if you wanna give it a whack, sure, why not? :)

Thanks, Razer!

I managed to do some resin and glassing (gives me the creeps to use that term after I learned what happened at Reach) yesterday. Also managed to come up with the shin. I think I will forgo pepakura for the handplates and abs and try to make them manually based on the pep files I've got.

With my dad not getting any better in hospital, I think I may have to skip the release of Reach and just finish off the suit for a photoshoot later this month. Anyway, let's get on with the pics!

P9080049.jpg

P9070012.jpg

P9070015.jpg

P9070045.jpg

P9070047.jpg

Made some progress today... and another decision to change the character. Due to time constraints, Gixxer and I have decided to drop Carter for now and proceed with... Noble 6. ;)

Anyway, I should have a wearable suit by Saturday at the latest, and then I can spend the rest of the day and into Sunday to paint and prep the suit. Need to get it ready by Monday because I've been informed that Noble 6 will be tasked with an important mission... :D

Anyway, here are today's pics:

P9090050.jpg

P9090052.jpg

P9090053.jpg

The knees seem far too small... I may replace them with bigger ones if time permits.

Despite today being Eid-el-Fitri and my dad still in hospital, I managed to make some headway on Carter... err... Noble 6. If all goes well, I should be able to try on the armor by tomorrow and make adjustments. Then it's surfacing and painting! I had to make some adjustments to the biceps and thighs. Trimmed some of the corners to make the parts fit better.

Here's today's pics of parts that have been glassed and awaiting a coat of rondo and paint.

P9100057.jpg

P9100059.jpg

No pics yet, but I've separated the two halves of the chest and the front and back of the pelvis. Will be applying a layer of rondo after I sand down all the pieces. Need to make new knees and possibly top boot plates. Will update with pics later. :)

Finally, some pics!

P9120063.jpg

Most of the parts that have been sanded, waiting to be painted

P9120068.jpg

Parts painted silver

P9120071.jpg

Closeup of the helmet

P9120073.jpg

Finished biceps.

P9120076.jpg

Teaser on the helmet... Hehe...​

I didn't really have time to properly sand and smoothen the surfaces. I apologize if my work is not up to 405th standards. Built this suit in 2 weeks, more or less, but I will rework the suit after the 14th.

In the mean time, hope you can enjoy the pics! :)

u sure work fast comrade ... Like i said in the phone .. u managed to make a full suit in 2 weeks .. i made mine in 3 months .. thumbs up man !

See You Tomorrow !

That's damn sexy looking red. If could make one suggestion, take some black and rub it into the small creases and divots with a washrag. That gives the suit a nice and weathered look.

As I said above this is an awesome looking suit. Hope mine looks this good. I'm already a month into my build........

Thanks, guys! Managed to complete the suit (somewhat) and attend the launch of Halo Reach in Tropikana Mall, PJ, Malaysia. The pics were shown on Kotaku. LOTS of improvement need to be made on the suit, including a new helmet! Anyway, here's a teaser pic, which was posted up on Halo Waypoint's Facebook, with Gixxer85:

60508_150226108344947_100000726776795_277721_484193_n.jpg

p/s: I think I'll change my name to "long neck"... :$

Malaysian Noble 6 DONE!

Here are some pics from the launch of Halo Reach in Malaysia. Gixxer85 and I were involved in the event. I got there a bit late (well, I DID have to drive 200 miles to the launch site) but we managed to pull it off.

noble6_1.jpg

noble6_11.jpg

noble6_13.jpg

noble6_16.jpg

noble6_9.jpg

noble6_4.jpg

noble6_7.jpg

noble6_21.jpg

Like I've said before, the helmet's way too small. I'll be making another helmet soon. I will also redo the biceps and reconfigure the chest connectors. Also need to adjust the thighs and make new boots... Not to mention a Reach AR or DMR. :)

And I will get cracking on Carter...

Actually, although you say it's not intentional, I think the "not properly sanding it" together with the silvery-weathered paint job looks like it's just a really worn suit. Not painted silver, but been through a few sandstorms that literally blasted the original paint away, so the silvery colour is basically not paint, but the suit's metal armour plating. I like it. And I love the undersuit :)

The only thing I'd add are the armour-shells for the boots, that would kind of complete the picture.

Oh nice.

...You don't happen to be in KL, do you?

Also, is that jacket just a random leather jacket under your armor? That's actually a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back