Okay then. Since my first suit (which I just barely got done for Reach) wasn't that great, I'm going to be building another suit. Things I am doing differently this time around
1) All HD parts. I got a Silhouette SD so cutting the little pieces out isn't a huge deal
2) LOTS and LOTS of hardening material. I plan on using both Rondo and fiberglass to harden my suit. 2-3 layers of Rondo plus 2-3 layers of fiberglass. This suit is going to be heavy, but it will NOT fall apart like my first one.
3) Use Rondo for detailing instead of strait up Bondo. I was so sick of sanding by the time I got done with the suit. Plus, I'm going to start out with 40 grit on the mouse sander and work my way up to 250 or maybe 300.
4) Deadline for suit completion is Dragon Con 2011, so I won't be in such a time crunch as I was for the first suit.
5) Work on 1 piece until it is absolutely finished, and then move on to the next one. I found myself moving from piece to piece and I wasn't getting the results I wanted
My goal here is to try to come close to the awesomeness that is Thorsolli's MK6 build. I may not get the level of detail that Thor has, but I'm going to try.
Lots and lots of pink boot parts. Yay. Oh yeah. Since I started with the helmet on my previous suit and worked my way down, I'm going to start with the boots and work my way up. Lots of sanding in my future. But that's okay.
As soon as I get my camera fixed, I'll be able to post better pictures. For now, I have to use my Droid.
mmmmmmm...nice little pile of toxic boot parts. Yum.