Halo Movie Back in Production?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of using the books, but I don't really think it should feature 117. There is so much more to the halo universe, and SPARTANS in general, as we see in reach. If Spielberg makes the movie, it is guaranteed to be a blockbuster, but not necessarily an excellent movie as it would have been with Peter Jackson or Blokamp. Yes it will have effects, yes it will be produced well, but will it have the same emotion, grit and humanity we saw in Blokamps landfall, or the reach and ODST trailers? I don't really think so.

good point.but which book are they making it of , because sum of the books could be a good idea as in the Fall of Reach wouldn't be as great as sum of the other books may be, don't get me wrong all the books are good but I'd prefer them making The Ghost of Onyx because it dose not have a game based from it or The Flood.

DreamWorks is a CGI-loving animation studio. If they were to do a Halo movie, it'd look awesome if they did it right, and they wouldn't need a Justin Beiber or whatever. They'd just need voice actors.

I like the idea of using the books, but I don't really think it should feature 117. There is so much more to the halo universe, and SPARTANS in general, as we see in reach. If Spielberg makes the movie, it is guaranteed to be a blockbuster, but not necessarily an excellent movie as it would have been with Peter Jackson or Blokamp. Yes it will have effects, yes it will be produced well, but will it have the same emotion, grit and humanity we saw in Blokamps landfall, or the reach and ODST trailers? I don't really think so.
Dude did you see saving private ryan? It was crazily emotional and straight up AMAZING film. I think if Spielberg does it, it will be even better than Jackson and Blokamps combined!

Here's my two cents:

As long as Ewe Bole, the guy who wrote the GI Joe script, and most especially Michael Bay are BANNED from any participation, it should be safe to say it'll be pretty good.

I still wish it was Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamp that were the ones in charge. But with all the hell they went through with M$, I can't says I blame them for not being interested anymore.

I'm still not holding my breath, nor am I getting excited until I actually see either a teaser trailer or some leaked behind the scenes snapshots.

seriously i swear to god if i a halo movie is made it better be damned near perfect. if it isn't i don't know what ill do. i think halo wars was pusing the limit for being a horrible rip off, but it actually turned out ok. at least it would be good to have a halo movie and promote the game.

I'm through getting my hopes up for a Halo movie. If Microsoft and 343 had the slightest idea what was good for the Franchise, we would have seen a Halo movie already. I firmly believe a properly made Halo movie would be an absolute mythic success. But they don't have the guts to pull the trigger on the movie. Meanwhile the franchise is losing it's edge (if it wasn't, Reach would have outsold MW2).

But go ahead Microsoft, sit back and twiddle your thumbs waiting for "the right time" to make a Halo movie, but when the franchise is no longer marketable and you can't get a movie made even if you wanted to, I hope you got what you wanted. /rant.

IF the movie IS made however, I've had a few thoughts for a while. I think it would be a letdown if Chief wasn't in it. He doesn't have to be the main character, but he needs more than just a cameo. I wouldn't be totally against 117 taking off his helmet if it added something important to the story, and if so, the only guy I want in the role is Kiefer Sutherland. If anyone fits the role better, I'd like to hear it.
This might be just me, but for the Halo movie to be a success, I think it needs to have a REALLY realistic military feel. It needs to feel like Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan, not like Stargate or Star Wars. At least, that's what I want.

I agree with you 99%. I think that some people are getting a little tired of Halo. Not because it's losing its edge, but because there is a new one every year. There needs to be a little pause for a year or so where they are improving the game. Then Halo won't seem so constant.

(In my opinion. Btw, I am not tired of Halo.) Maybe we'll get the sequel for The Ghosts of Onyx. (I heard it was announced. Check the Halo wiki page. Yay.)

there is a new one every year. There needs to be a little pause for a year or so where they are improving the game. Then Halo won't seem so constant.

Right... they could indeed skip a few years on XBox and deliver some action for the PC for a change... I'm still waiting to finish the fight and stuff.

Meanwhile the franchise is losing it's edge (if it wasn't, Reach would have outsold MW2).

Aside from the fact that we're in an economic recession, Halo will NEVER outsell MW2 simply because MW2 is a multiplatform title while Reach is an exclusive. I've pointed this out over and over again and to this day I've never been able to find a source for what MW2's sales were only for the 360. Honestly...i'm not even sure if that specific number has ever been released.

The Halo franchise probably has taken a slight dip in popularity...but trust me, the brand name is still very strong. Now a few more years under 343 industries and....well....

IF the movie IS made however, I've had a few thoughts for a while. I think it would be a letdown if Chief wasn't in it. He doesn't have to be the main character, but he needs more than just a cameo. I wouldn't be totally against 117 taking off his helmet if it added something important to the story, and if so, the only guy I want in the role is Kiefer Sutherland. If anyone fits the role better, I'd like to hear it.

KEIFER!!!!!!! You have my support on that one, buddy. It would literally be the perfect match. Both are roughly the same age. Both are incredibly badass, second only to Chuck Norris himself. I honestly think, and I am not saying this because I love 24 like most girls love Twilight, that Kiefer would be the perfect match. Although, if we were talking about a young John, I think Sam Worthington would be another great choice.

What I'm wondering is if they made a movie would they mix together the weapon sets? It would be interesting as the weapons in Halo:Reach obviously existed in Halo: The Fall of Reach for example. But like everyone has said, done right a movie would be amazing, but it has to be done right.

If they do it right, then by all means. I just hope they don't make another one of those lame game-adaptions that are somewhere between boring and plain stupid. The Halo universe has a lot more to offer than firefights and explosions - especially, if you include the novels.

this man here^^^

says the truth.

Aside from the fact that we're in an economic recession, Halo will NEVER outsell MW2 simply because MW2 is a multiplatform title while Reach is an exclusive. I've pointed this out over and over again and to this day I've never been able to find a source for what MW2's sales were only for the 360. Honestly...i'm not even sure if that specific number has ever been released.

The Halo franchise probably has taken a slight dip in popularity...but trust me, the brand name is still very strong. Now a few more years under 343 industries and....well....
I see your point but, correct me if I'm wrong, Halo 3 still managed to outsell COD4. Maybe that was the first week only figures I'm thinking of, but the fact remains.

Here's my two cents:

As long as Ewe Bole, the guy who wrote the GI Joe script, and most especially Michael Bay are BANNED from any participation, .

Wow MOST ESPECIALLY. If Mchael Bay ever finds his way to the 405th he'll leave in tears.
Nice one painted lady.

p.s. I can't really tell from your avatar, but your face reminds me of Morgan Webb.

I see your point but, correct me if I'm wrong, Halo 3 still managed to outsell COD4. Maybe that was the first week only figures I'm thinking of, but the fact remains.

It is just first week sales you're thinking of. In the long run, COD4 outsold Halo 3 as well. And there's a very simple reason why COD4 didn't even touch Halo 3's first week sales, no hype. COD4 was a surprising grand slam of a sleeper hit. Everyone expected the game to do well (as the call of duty franchise was fairly well established at that point), but NO ONE at the time expected it to become the first major competitor against the Halo franchise, and to even surpass it. Everyone at that point was looking to Gears of War...and got completely blindsided.

Then when the sequel came out...everyone and their mother was hooked.

Wow MOST ESPECIALLY. If Mchael Bay ever finds his way to the 405th he'll leave in tears.
Nice one painted lady.

p.s. I can't really tell from your avatar, but your face reminds me of Morgan Webb.

HAHA, I would only hope so, course his tears might end in EXPLOSIONSMICHAELBAYBLAMLAAM. ;)

LOL, well I'll take that as a compliment since she is quite pretty and we do share the same square jawline. :)

Saw this on xplay (well, the little ticker at the bottom any way) Spielberg and dreamworks are trying to get the rights to the movie...

Please be a CE movie! Please be a CE movie! Please be a CE movie! Please be a CE movie! lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back