JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The back of the helmet gave me all sorts of trouble. When I originally made the helmet, I don't think I had the right proportions, so there wasn't enough room for my head to fit. Therefore I just tried to make it work with what I had. I tried to keep the right detail, it just looks kind of warped. I also didn't want the helmet to be too large, so I don't really want to go back and fix it, and risk making a bobble head Master Chief.

The bottom line was that I could have the helmet be a perfect replication, but too big for the suit, or the right size and not perfect on the back detail. The back of the head doesn't get much attention, so I figured it would be fine the way it is.

I never did like the MK V, but I think you have done the best job of it I have ever seen. Congratulations, and great work.

Halo 1 on legendary was a really fun thing to play. I think the most difficult thing I ever did was play through the entire legendary campaign without firing a gun (grenades and melee were allowed). It took me weeks, but I did it just to prove to my friends that it was possible.

i did a similar thing on tsavo highway and not set foot in a vehicle on legendary with all skulls on except blind skull

It's been a while, so here is an update. I made a pep template, just to see what the stomch looked like, just to have for a sizing reference:
100_1063.jpg

Then I looked at my old version of the pockets:
100_1064.jpg

Then I made the final part:
100_1065.jpg

100_1067.jpg

The pockets are made out of the fake leather material the some people have been using for an under suit. They open and are held closed by magnets.

Here is another update.

I finished the gloves. I bought some "tactical gloves" from ebay, and cut the handplate out of plastic, then heated it up with a heat gun, and the bent it into the right shape. Then I painted them and used epoxy to attatch it to the gloves.

100_1029.jpg

100_1030.jpg

Thanks guys. I hit a wall with the forearms, and I got really busy with life at the same time, but I'll try to get back to work with the rest of the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back