Just Got Me Some Dynamite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alix965

Well it's not dynamite per se, it' actually a ginormous (8) pack of NOBLE 6 GRAY "anti-fatigue flooring interlocking mats" which made me pretty farkin' excited. And then I started reading the specs and saw "Covers THIRTY-TWO square feets.." FEETS! And my mind started exploding with IDEAS!

All of them very ambitious, all of them very COOL. All of them involved me actually doing something to make them real.

For now all this thing is doing is sitting in the corner of my living room, MOCKING me. But everydog has his day. MARK V here I come(?)

My wife went to BJ's wholesale club. 8 mats for 17 bucks. but you have to be a member. I found This. It's the same stuff with less coverage and I'm not sure if it's the same brand. But as you can see the pattern is a little more obvious than some of the others I've seen used.

This is something that is taking up WAYY too much of my time.

This M90 Close Assault Weapon System (abbreviated M90 CAWS) was was supposed to be a test project for me to gain some first hand knowledge as to what EVA is capable of and what I could craft from it. I have to say the turnover rate is super fast, most of this was done over the course of a night off from work(don't tell my boss). This stuff is as easy to work with as everyone says so I won't go into detail. But I did make some observations as to a couple of 'finishes' that can be achieved using a carefully placed heat gun. I wanted to try a weapon because recreating an angled machined look is one of the most difficult things to do on non-rigid media, but I had some ideas.

Aside from some structural design errors on my part such as NOT making the shoulder stock part of the body, and NOT using styrene as a skeleton for the foregrip, This stiff is good for heavy weapons. And although details such as lettering is no easy task, I can get some pretty good edges with a dremel tool.

Except for a metal ruler to outline the pistol grip and ejection port, I freehanded all this stuff so please excuse the lack of symmetry and overall polish. If all goes well I'll start my CE MkV. in a few days. Thanks for reading/looking
01bc1215.jpg

Wasn't sure about an m90CAWS thread, especially when I had this one up and nothing to show for it. Thanks for moving it for me. For future reference shouudl I make a creation thread if I start building something? or was this move just to keep the 'clutter' down? I tired sending you a PM about this stuff but I get a message saying that it's full....full of WIN!

P.S. whatta ya think?

That's not bad looking, shame about the stock. Does the pump action move? Also for lettering, I print out the words on a sheet of paper, tape it onto the model, and use a screwdriver to press the letters in. Don't know how well it'll work with this material though...

That's not bad looking, shame about the stock. Does the pump action move? Also for lettering, I print out the words on a sheet of paper, tape it onto the model, and use a screwdriver to press the letters in. Don't know how well it'll work with this material though...
HEY look who it is. I really appreciate your input. Yeah the pump does indeed pump. and the stock is underway. The EVA sheets were too short to fit the entire stock/reciever assemblage.
AND it looks like great minds DO think alike. I've used printable label paper and do the same thing. I'm working on something to improve that technique though. I'll let you know if it works on this.

Looks sick man, Did you curve the EVA around something to get top to look like it does?
Also curious, is the body and barrel, so far a two piece slice style?

Looks sick man, Did you curve the EVA around something to get top to look like it does?
Also curious, is the body and barrel, so far a two piece slice style?
The top part is...It's..
Wow...imma have to illustrate this, I can't seem to esplain it properly...

439fd689.jpg
The 'heat shield' curved with a heat gun and then placed over the slices. it was further shaped with a rasp and sand paper and a dremel tool. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back