Dark Speed Racer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiahmann

Alright so i assume everyone has heard of speed racer. Now I thought the movie was really dumb but I loved watching the shows. A while back my bro bought the $20 speed racer helm at walmart. Recently he moved to Branson, Missouri with the rest of my siblings. Explosion sadface. I found the helmet and decided to do work with it. My idea is to cut the M out and put RED LED's in the place where the M was. Then Paint it a flat black and put a gold visor in it. Here is my progress (BTW sorry for the long story lol)

The Shell of helm
055.jpg
[/IMG]

The Guts
055.jpg
[/IMG]

Alright guys. I sanded the helmet down to adhese the paint since it is a smooth plastic. I took Pics but it doesnt look sanded so im not going to put them up. But tomorrow i will cut out the M and paint it.

Hey everyone i know im not talking to anyone since noone looks at this thread but im going to cut the M out today. Pleeeaaaasseee just glance at this

Alright guys heres an update of what ive been doing. Ive spot puttied a couple places with notches and its looking good. Im also finished cutting the M out.

The cut
100_2034.jpg

The Spot puddy
100_2035.jpg

Fail Paint test lol
100_2036.jpg

Try using a much finer grit sanding block. use 220, and it will look really good with a fresh coat of paint.

There should be some numbers onit somewhere, the higher the numbers the finer the grit. I said 220, because it is fine enough that it won't leave deep scratches, but rough enough to sand down surfaces quickly.

Alright so ive been sanding with a 220 grit and most of the cuts in the helmet from sainding are gone :D
Ive also smoothed the edges around the M and its looking perty sexy XD

I also need your opinion. I was going to put Red LED's in but now im thinking of putiing in white. What is your suggestion?

What is it supposed to look like?

If you leave the helmet white, make it red. If you paint the helmet black white or red would look good, but red would give it a bad guy feel. It just depends on what type of character you are going for.

Alright guys. After about a day of sanding out all of the scratches from the 100 grit with the 220 grit, I have finally painted it! I'm siked right now so here are the pics!
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg
\

Leave a well diserved criticism please!

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

In my opinion I think this really needs the led idea you had. The just plain white looks good with the black paint but as mentioned earlier the red led would give the bad guy feel and would really pop!

Justinian and CFH- Im probably going with the red. Its supposed to have a dark evil feel to it. Not alot of "evil Builds" around here haha.

Also I painted a couple areas silver for weathering and a little battle damage (yeah i know speed racer doesnt fight but it will look cool anyway)
:)

Alright guys. I have painted it silver for weathering completely and painted the edges of the "guts" black. Heres a pic of me wearing it. LOL dont judge!

100_2044.jpg

100_2044.jpg

Okay guys. Bad news. I need a black "lab coat" with buttons down one side. I simply cannot find one. Its making me mad. So if anyone that reads this (because i know noone does) please give me a link or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back