DMR wood build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

I just got some nice pine 2x4's. They were part of a palette that broke at my dad's job, and he was all,"I know who could use this :D", then I was all, "yay, ima build a DMR!"
DSC00060.jpg

They kinda look small from all the way up here. Anyway they arent all even lengths because I removed the ends because they were full of giant staples, to the point where removing them would destroy the wood. Also, anyone know where i can get a printable template in 1:1 scale?

That will do nicely. The DMR will be two layers of wood, with hollowed out areas for internals like the trigger and mag system. The mag will be one piece of wood thick, and will have a dummy round in it, but it wont go down. The detail will be cardboard, and I have a scope, some pvc and a laser sight for everything else.

Also, i will get around to cuttin tomorrow, because i know you guys love to see people spend hours cutting paper.
DSC00064.jpg

This would be cool to see, its interesting to see weapons built by wood since it usually takes more time and actual artistic powers, I lost my train of though with that last part.

cant wait to see how this turns out, cant wait to see how it all comes together

Ive already gotten the templates down, now im cuttin layer 1.
This is gonna be a great build guys.
...............................................................................................

More progress, got layer one done, also found a scope, and different PVC thicknesses to make the barrels.
DSC00066.jpg

Pretty close huh? Just needs a trigger guard and the front sight for the shape.
DMRDiminutiveMarksmansRifle.jpg

Just got Layer 2 done, now it just needs some smoothing, the cardboard detail layers, and the internals.
DSC00068.jpg

I also need to finish the barrel.

I could be done this week at this rate, also, i have enough wood for another one, but i might do a sniper instead.

Wow. This looks nice. You may have just found a better way to make sliced guns.

What did you use to cut this out? Bandsaw maybe?

Nice! Good idea. I was thinking about doing the same but it just takes a lot of time. I can pep it faster than make it out of wood. Im not good with wood. ;) good luck

i was thinking isnt there a way if it was hollowed out to do a moveable trigger and a drop mag? mabye even with some real engineering some sort of firing mechanism and bullets that retract into their shell?

I was going to hollow out certain points, for a bolt ive made, along with a magazine, and trigger.
Also, i did this by hand with a coping saw, which i am great with. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back