Keep your head down, there's two of us in here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! That is so awesome! I would totally want one of those for myself! I created my own template so that people could build it out of whatever. I think I made it a good size based off the references I had.

I do admit that I traced one of your templates to come up with my circuit outline proportions.

jlhR2 gave me a sneak peak of the outer shell design earlier today. I am really looking forward to seeing more from that guy.

this is epic......................really epic

just out pure intrest will you be selling these soon, sorry if it allready in the classifed section i dont have enogh post to it yet, but if you selling these soon would mind sending me a PM with some pricing info please

Nope, nothing in the classified section. I'm only making a handful for the first run to work out the kinks. Will be a few weeks before I make an open run for 405th members.

Nope, nothing in the classified section. I'm only making a handful for the first run to work out the kinks. Will be a few weeks before I make an open run for 405th members.

I wonder how you would categorise that in your customs declaration... calling it "Classified military AI construct" probably will lead to the biggest customs delay ever :-D

Yes, it is a circuit I made. A functional prop circuit on a printed circuit board designed in the shape and style of the cortana data chip. :D

Dustin's can stand alone by itself and look wicked awesome, or I am designing an outer shell (again based on the halo weta statue and HALOGODDESS' design's) to go with it.

The outer shell will look like the board, but will be bigger and more suited for display with the Halo 3 cortana figure.

Pictures to come soon.

~James 'S'

It's for both. Can easily be mounted into a suit AND makes a killer display piece. All depends what you want to do with it.

• To mount in a suit / helmet what you would do is take the base station (that socket looking thing) and incorporate it into your suit somewhere. Bottom of helmet? Top of your spine? Where ever you like.

With the base station wired into your helmet / suit lights & fans, the base station provides two vital suit functions:
    1. Provides power to the cortana card for lights.
    2. Acts as a switch for all your other suit systems. Inserting the cortana card is like flipping 'on' a power switch for anything you connect through it.

• You can also use the base station as a display piece. There is a usb port so it can be connected to a cellphone charger to power up without batteries. For long term shelf display.

• Thirdly, you can toss the base station. Place the cortana card inside of a shell mold to achieve the highest level of accuracy. This last option will have a LiPoly battery in the shell as well for a long lasting lighted prop that you can walk around with.

Well this is a first. I think I lost a package in the mail. Delays my plans by a week. Have to start insuring my part orders to digikey, :sadface: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back