Keep your head down, there's two of us in here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
thatdecade, I platonically <3 you. You and your store are fantastic!

Part of me wishes I was making a MC build right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

Claws61821,
That is an Attiny45 AVR microcontroller. I programmed it to animate the circle of LEDs. There is a video in post 1 of the lights doing their thing.

Edit: oh wait, between the tweezers. :p. That is an LED. Is crazy small, difficult to photograph even with my camera's macro mode. Lights up night for something so tiny.

Wow these things look awesome. Any thoughts of maybe connecting them to a USB flash drive? Would be kinda cool that if you connected it to a computer that it lit up the way you programmed it to.

Diving into stage 3 of the project. Make a plastic shell that houses the circuit and a battery (team jlhR2).

To support this effort I am going to change the programming to timer mode; press the button, lights animate, continue to animate for 1 minute then turns off. Press the button to turn back on.

Am going to count how many times I can press the button before the battery dies, I imagine quite a few.

5641310480_1601b7cb81.jpg
Cortana Sketches by thatdecade, on Flickr

Pictured is the USB charger, is a $3 lithium polymer usb charger, and the shell housing charging port connector.
5657676114_4baa352d2e.jpg
100_6551.JPG by thatdecade, on Flickr

This is looking so awesome! I really can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished.

Too bad you couldn't make it so that when you hit the button, an actual, non-moving hologram of Cortana appears! XD That would be EPIC!!!! lol

I still want one of these for myself. hehe

This is really great. You guys are really talented. I can hardly wait to see the finished product!

This thread makes me want to build a master chief helmet and add a slot in the back so I can be ready for when these are done.

Made a short video of using the cortana chip as a switch to one of my helmet light kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back