Keep your head down, there's two of us in here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, i am working on one right now... but im defs going to buy one when i can access the classifieds! great job man, beats my sd card idea

The classified thread is closed. Cortana switches are still available, but you'll have to get them from the link in my signature.

Update from my team member: jlhr2

We have pushed ahead. Finally got the prototype battery board completed and finished mocking up the shell.

Hopefully within the next week or two, we will have another great update!

6893184285_5dddc7ec59.jpg

6893184183_dafaa8be13.jpg

100_1607.jpg

100_1608.jpg

Awesome! Is this a mod of your current board, or all new? Would I be able to mod one of my boards with this upgrade?

It's not finalized, but there may be modification needed of existing cortana chips. The one in the picture had the board trimmed down to fit in the shell.

Awesome! Is this a mod of your current board, or all new? Would I be able to mod one of my boards with this upgrade?

Hey Jedi,

I could always show you in person what the final cortana will look like, see how I live in Edmonton!

Another Minor Update, Molding the outer part of the shell tonight, and then molding the inside tomorrow.

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

~James 'S'

TEAM: CORTANA, shells are green, will start making castings soon, will post when people can start placing orders.

Alright. I finally finished the mold. Here is the outer half:
100_1654.jpg

Here is both halves of the mold:
100_1656.jpg

The first casting turned out pretty good. Just some minor clean up. It wil come out much better once I get some more practice.
100_1657.jpg

And here it is all put together:
100_1658.jpg

100_1659.jpg

I hope to crank out a handfull of these over the weekend. Enjoy. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
dude... amazing... i was planing on making a small mock up of a crystal data chip, but it'll never have the same level of detail this baby has got... fantastic... :D

Am looking for a headcount to buy parts and make a run of these. Send email to thatdecade@gmail.com if you are interested and I'll get you a price quoted, but the cortana board will not be available for sale until later.

Awesome work Dustin! Got any "finished" pics yet with the chip up and running?

Email sent! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back