Rate your Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRTNBD50

This thread is simple, people rate your armor. One of the purpose of this thread is to Motivate Noobs in armor-making. If you want your armor to be rated, rules are simple.

Send me a PM telling you want your armor rated.
PM must include:
- Name of maker
- 405th name
- 4 way pics of armor
-:Front
-:Back
-:Left
-:Right

The first PM received will be rated by the members.

Raters are to vote like:
-?/10

Rates will be counted like votes.

Makers who are being rated: Don't Brag!
Members who are rating: Don't Rant!

Raters, if you see this:
Current Armor Rated, new armor to be rated
it means you stop rating!

This will be updated weekly!
Starts now!

For those who do not like to criticize or be criticized, I'm not asking you to vote/comment.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ratee of the week:

Name:
405th:
-

NO PM WAS RECEIVED SO NO RATEE FOR THIS WEEK

BUT YOU COULD STILL SEND YOUR PM BUT YOUR DURATION OF BEING RATED WILL BE SHORTER

Rate Counts:

1/10: X
2/10: X
3/10: X
4/10: X
5/10: X
6/10: X
7/10: X
8/10: X
9/10: X
10/10: X

Rated armors end up in the Rated Armor Gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do not mind me saying so, this is a great idea. I look forward to seeing this thread.

Ithica

If you do not mind me saying so, this is a great idea. I look forward to seeing this thread.

Ithica

Meh, I don't mind....kinda glad to see it being approved by a Mod with Bad-A$$ Busa armor :p.......I too can't wait to see how this thread goes :)

I fear that many peoples feelings could be hurt in this thread. I myself am a huge critic and don't approve of some peoples work, and to avoid conflict and hurt feelings I keep my mouth shut.

thats the problem though i think. people are too scared to hurt others. if you cant take a negative comment then dont post your work, simple as that. this is an art form, you have to be able to take critisisms good and bad

are there different categories; EX. overall, edges, paint, etc. or is it just one number

Judge not lest be judged...

while a good idea, it's really not the place of others to tell someone if their work is "good enough" or the like. It could bring out snobishism and arrogance in some, hurt feelings and disappointment in others. The armor is only as good as the builder thinks it is. Did they want a battle-scarred feel? or straight from the factory? did they want game-accurate armor? Or armor that represented the subject in looser terms? Completing their objective is a far better thing. just my 2 cents on the matter.

i thinks it's a good idea. i mean people know what a good suit looks like and what a warped paper mache POS looks like. it could also be a system of giving advise on how to fix problems on one's suit.

I've already submitted my suit. let the madness Begin

I'd give it a '8/10'.
Comments(Optional):
I can tell its a Bondo-less suit, but as a first suit, pretty good!

id give around a 7/10
comments: the proportions look pretty good. i wouldve liked to see more bondo work used because from what he did do, it looked pretty great. the paint job is pretty nice but simply because of the bullet dent and the three large scratches on the side, i felt like there should have been more wear and tear .
all around great job

I also agree with Ithica. This is a great idea. I always want to tell the truht about other people's work. Not to hurt them but to help them to become better. I'm no pro so i will also post my pictures in here.

Matt S ( Sutekhian ) I give you a 8/10

Comment: There only two small things keeping me from giving you a 10/10. But first i want to say is Im also a big guy. You look awesome in that suit. Very powerful, like if the whole world better step out of your way. And I'm sure when you put on your armor thats how you feel. From one big guy to another. Your helmet and you bicep/ shoulder is not in proportion with the rest of your suit. It should be a little bit bigger. Other than that bro, great job

7/10. bondo not needed, but the cod plate seams to not be complete or big enough

BTW if a mod could, it would help if each week the posts were wiped from this thread

SPRTNBD50 & Soul Products thanks guys, far higher than I gave myself ;) Unfortunately due to a mix of cost, time and lack of confidence/experience with bondo I left the majority untouched but in the new suit I'm working to get it smoothed out in the pep stage, then bondoed :D

Nick Nack Thanks man, I had spotted the biceps, but unfortunately only when I had the full suit on and it was way too late, I've upped the scale on them a bit too for the rebuild so hoping that works. The EVA helm I'm working on is a bit bigger looking as is the new Mk VI so hopefully that'll sort it!

rvb18 Thanks, I definitely agree on the cod, I'm rebuilding from basics on my new suit, the cod is about 10% larger and looks a far better fit now lol

6/10
it's a very nice build but it doesn't even look like you used bondo, or if you did you didn't sand it much
the angles on the armor are very visible and some flat parts are warped badly
I also see that you experimented with weathering on your armor, you only did little parts spread way too far out, think about where on a a spartan would get hit/scratched up
your pieces don't look secured onto your body they just look like you slipped them on, if you did strap them on then experiment with the placement of straps to get them to stay in a comfortable place
some of you armor pieces are too small, the helmet, shoulders, and codpiece particularly
also, I know making and wearing armor is fun and all, but your weight does take away some of the look of a spartan, and the small pieces don't help

I'm not afraid of hurting people's feelings, if you don't like my constructive criticism them ignore it

I would say 7 out of 10. While not entirely smoothed, the parts don't look bad. The paint job looks fairly good. I do agree the shoulders are too small, but it looks good for a first suit. The first one is always a learning experience. I look forward to seeing how your new one turns out!

6/10
it's a very nice build but it doesn't even look like you used bondo, or if you did you didn't sand it much
the angles on the armor are very visible and some flat parts are warped badly
I also see that you experimented with weathering on your armor, you only did little parts spread way too far out, think about where on a a spartan would get hit/scratched up
your pieces don't look secured onto your body they just look like you slipped them on, if you did strap them on then experiment with the placement of straps to get them to stay in a comfortable place
some of you armor pieces are too small, the helmet, shoulders, and codpiece particularly
also, I know making and wearing armor is fun and all, but your weight does take away some of the look of a spartan, and the small pieces don't help

I'm not afraid of hurting people's feelings, if you don't like my constructive criticism them ignore it

Very straight up criticism dude, no offence taken, it's all to help me improve after all! And yup I rather misjudged the sizes of those bits and I've corrected that for my next build :)
The bondo issue was time/experience/cost really and the newer build is going a lot more smoothly now I've had more bondo practice (see the EVA in my helmet thread)
The attachment was rather a rush job, what strapping and padding there is was put on the day before I went out so it was a bit too rushed and I've learnt from it where to place the strapping for future definitely.
Weight wise, I'd put on a bit while building the suit and I'm currently working on losing it again before the next ones done so hoping not to be too much of a fatty for it next time ;)

I would say 7 out of 10. While not entirely smoothed, the parts don't look bad. The paint job looks fairly good. I do agree the shoulders are too small, but it looks good for a first suit. The first one is always a learning experience. I look forward to seeing how your new one turns out!

Thanks Brandon, I definitely needed to work on my smoothing, I think I've improved since thankfully :D New one should have the smoothed forearm uploaded in the next day or so, it's bondoed up ready and the chest is next.

May I make a suggestion? Can we keep the criticism on the armor rather than the person wearing it?

Sorry Escalope, but that particular sentence doesn't sound too constructive.

@ Sutekh
I'm thinking a very good 8/10, You fill out the armor really well and I completely agree with Nick Nack in that you look like an unstoppable force =] The only thing I could say is that the bicepts are a little small and as much as I love how detailed the shins look they seem slightly too long - but i'm just being picky there =P Everything else looks spot on with proportions! I'm looking forward to humping some meta leg 8D

-Phi

May I make a suggestion? Can we keep the criticism on the armor rather than the person wearing it?

Sorry Escalope, but that particular sentence doesn't sound too constructive.

I'm not making making fun of him for his weight at all
i was just saying that his weight takes away some of the look of a spartan and he will have to deal with it
by either adjusting the pieces to fit and look better, or lose some weight

I'm not making making fun of him for his weight at all
i was just saying that his weight takes away some of the look of a spartan and he will have to deal with it
by either adjusting the pieces to fit and look better, or lose some weight
This is an armor building community, not a site for americas next top model, so try giving crit on the armor rather than on the person wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back