Sliced Foam M6G Magnum pistol (W.I.P.) (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well! I tryed a sliced cardboard M6G Magnum, and was not happy with it. So I am going to try a sliced foam Magnum. This may take about 4 or 5 days to finish. So here goes.
HPIM0840.jpg

hey man where did you get those blueprints, i'm currently making one of these pups out of pep and resin but would much rather use foam like you

I'll be following this, as I plan to make a Pistol once my armor is complete or nears completion. Off to a good start!

looking pretty good so far how you have all the pieces cut out, well keep up the good work and can't wait to see it assembled :D

looking pretty good so far how you have all the pieces cut out, well keep up the good work and can't wait to see it assembled :D

TKS! I've got a few more small pieces to cut out then some small sanding here, and there. Then we will see if the plasti dip is next.

Oh wow... I seems like this would work briliantly for the pistol. With a bit of thin craft foam for details and raised areas. Great idea, though, I just might Have to try this myself. Keep it up!

I have a ????? for all you guys who have worked with foam in the past. I have three layers of foam glued together to make the body of my pistol. I need a way to cover up the seams around the out side of the pistol. What about using resin on just the out seams, then put the plasti dip over it?????? Or am I going to have to use Bonbo or Rondo, and then sand it down? TKS! for any help here.

Plasti-Dip will split if there are large gaps. Anything Foam(same maker of Plasti-Dip) will too. My suggestion is to fill gaps with hot glue and then prime with Plasti-Dip. If you just have small seams, you may be able to use super glue to close them. I prefer Loctite Super Glue Control Gel for gluing foam seams when I just need to close a small seam between two pieces.

Plasti-Dip will split if there are large gaps. Anything Foam(same maker of Plasti-Dip) will too. My suggestion is to fill gaps with hot glue and then prime with Plasti-Dip. If you just have small seams, you may be able to use super glue to close them. I prefer Loctite Super Glue Control Gel for gluing foam seams when I just need to close a small seam between two pieces.

No gaps, just the seams that I want to make go away. I just may try resin to see if it will cover them up. TKS.

dude looking good, but what is this plasti dip you speak of

The Plasti Dip is a multi-purpose rubber coating that comes in a 11oz spray can, or in a brush on form. You put one or two coats of the Plasti Dip, and then paint it with a spray Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. It helps seal up the foam so you can paint. I got the Plasti Dip from Home Depot for a can of 11oz spray for $ 6.00.

Been working on filling in the very small seams between the foam sheets so you can't see them. Resin, or Hot glue did not work real good. But, bondo glazing & spot putty did the job. A little lite sanding, some plasti-dip, and you can't see the seams any more. I would take some pics, but my camera won't let me get that close for a good pic. So if your working with foam try this. Hope this helps out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back