Sliced Foam H3 Shotgun WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a project I've started, a shotgun to go with the MK VI.
After staring at the pep files and the ref pics for a couple days I cut out some patterns and started with a few foam shapes. I made it in 3 parts and 2 layers with the seams where details will hide them. Here is the work so far...
Picture2695.jpg

I cut some channels for wood and metal reinforcements to make it rigid
Picture2696.jpg

Picture2697.jpg

Then added the second layer
Picture2698.jpg

It's coming along nicely, next up is 2mm foam around the butt and to shape a foam grip for the front. Still contemplating the top barrel, I might go with cardboard tubes wrapped in 2mm foam with burned in details. Worked good on the helm side vents, I think I will stare at it some more until epiphany comes to visit...

I'd say it would be easier to do it all with wood... since you have a dremel and a wood burning/carving kit.

I'll send Epiphany over after I'm done... Need to do more research on the Gravity Hammer. eg. How I want to light it all up and make it easy to access the inside for add-ons.

:)

Looking good. How long is it? I'll be watching this on.

It's 33" so far, I think it will get a little longer once I put the end barrel components on

@Longshot Epiphany was my date! Didn't I prove to those brutes that shotgun beats hammer? Mid-swing and his jaw was on the floor :p

I like it. what kind of foam are you using? I've been trying to figure out a way to make some weapons without pep. it takes too long. I'm not very patient

Thanks for the kudos, did some more work on it and I must say, it is starting to look fairly realistic. I'm using 10mm (1/2" for you Americans) foam but it needs reinforcement between layers or it is floppy. Length with barrel is 37"
Here are some pics
Picture2699.jpg

Bottom view
Picture2700.jpg

And I have a question, for this part under the barrel do I leave it hollow (is that where the empty shells pop out?) or can I put a light in there?
Picture2701.jpg

That's looking very good buddy!

Oh oh... I have a feeling that its gona need some paint! :)

Hmmm, I'll wana borrow it once its complete... Photo ops! hehehehe

the bottom tube is the light the shells eject out the side and load through the top if i remember correctly, looks great though
That's what I thought too, wanted to be sure though, thanks

@Longshot Yeah, it will need some paint, and I will need some reference pics to finish the details. Sounds like a good excuse to play some Halo! :D

hey i want some of this action XD. And man i love how this is comeing out.I cant want to see it painted.For a foam verison i cant believe how realistic it's looking.I just might do something like this as well.

Update time!
I have most of the foam in place, here are a couple of pics. Next up I am burning in the details, mounting the flashlight & lower barrel (anyone know what that is for?) and sanding and smoothing everything. It's fairly game accurate.
Picture2774.jpg

top view
Picture2776.jpg

Mensrea Prod. said:
That is looking real sweet. The thin gray foam on the butt stock, what ( mm ) is it?
Thanks! The thin gray foam is 2mm crafting foam, I have an amazon link to it on my squidoo page, follow the link in my sig.
I've been using the 2mm foam on lots of areas on the MK VI I made, it works great and can cover ugly seams nicely.

Score1987 said:
i like the way it looks. and i like that its foam. less likely to break if dropped right?
I would say it won't break at all, it has metal rods inside and the main barrel is cut from a metal broom handle (don't tell my wife) Once it gets covered in plasti dip I expect it to be very durable and weather resistant, also the thin white part under the trigger area is metal

SkullBoy13 said:
your foam builds are great man, keep it up ^^
Thanks, I plan on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back