Sliced Foam H3 Shotgun WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how this thing looks in bare foam, I can't wait to see it fully painted! Do you guys have any plans for the fluorescent sights?

We are using 2 clear blue gel like tabs for the sights... but I feel that they don't "stand out" very well... I'm pondering a few other ideas. Suggestions are welcome.

Shotgun now has its last base coat applied.
Rustolium's black hammered. As per a request. ;)

im000522.jpg

im000524.jpg

im000529.jpg

im000530.jpg

im000532.jpg

im000533.jpg

im000534.jpg

Next... to ponder the theme and details.
The texture is kinda interesting...hmmm... SteamPunk comes to mind!

:)

Wow, this is quite impressive. I like the choice of paint as well. This will be very cool to see with the finished paint job. Keep it up, you have an audience.

I needed some inspiration and motivation on this.
Soo... I just had to put on the Chief and take some photos with the shotgun being wielded.

img00021545.jpg

MMMmmm Hmmmmm...
img00021546.jpg

Looks OK

img00021548.jpg

img00021547.jpg

Then I got interupted by "Spartan Intimidator" (Gamemaster) But that's a story for a different thread!
img00021550.jpg

Hey I missed a spot!
img00021567.jpg

Oh and another spot!
img00021569.jpg

After seeing it being handled by the Chief. I now feel that I have been inspired and have decided to try to follow the in game reference pics as much as possible.

OH... an here is one nice highres pic:
Img00021504.jpg

Cheers!

*sniff sniff* ... its just... just so beautiful!

Haha, really great work here cant wait to see there final paint job. Before this I wasn't sure about how i felt towards foam weapons but this thread has made me a believer! Keep up the great work!!!

Action shot reminds me of Halo: The Flood novel cover.

+51% win!
Thanks!
Here is an updated photo of the shotgun at various angles
shotgun-by-gamemaster.jpg

As promised we are auctioning off our prototype to make way for the next, intending for greater detail. Here is a sneak peak progress pic (just so it DID happen)
Picture1.jpg

Hmmmm... I don't know... Kinda looks Photo Shopped to me.

LOL JK! :p

I can vouch for how nice it is to wield and carry!
Note the operative word "carry!"
I found the prototype was very easy to carry through out the Calgary Comic Entertainment Expo 2011. Check out their FaceBook Group page for even more pics: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/14718621017?ap=1
I managed to do 3 days from doors open to doors close with no prop malfunctions or miss handling by the fans.
I really loved the ability to hold the shotgun in one hand and have that arm fully extened out for some crazy photo poses.

As for the new type... heheh can't wait to see just how far you got with it.

:)

Impressive attention to detail; it looks authentic enough to go with the suit but it's still easy to tell its not real so the annoying orange tips aren't needed. I like how you have the shell holder attachment but I guess that'd be necessary for a spartan since you can't really be wearing one of those belts for extra ammo. Thanks for putting the instructions up I've been trying to figure out how to make foam weapons for a while now since I saw your one on foam armour. Slicing it up seemed logical but getting the detail is really hard without making it look like it is, a foam cut out.

Impressive attention to detail; it looks authentic enough to go with the suit but it's still easy to tell its not real so the annoying orange tips aren't needed. I like how you have the shell holder attachment but I guess that'd be necessary for a spartan since you can't really be wearing one of those belts for extra ammo. Thanks for putting the instructions up I've been trying to figure out how to make foam weapons for a while now since I saw your one on foam armour. Slicing it up seemed logical but getting the detail is really hard without making it look like it is, a foam cut out.

Thanks! Version 1 (with the ammo rack) did not turn out as game accurate as I had hoped for, so we made version 2, minus the ammo rack, but with LED panels in the sights. Only a gun buff can tell version 2 is not a real shotgun, it gives the heebee-jeebies to anyone I've shown, and if I pointed it at you in a dark alley, you would probably toss me your wallet, the 7-11 clerk would empty the till, and the security guy (rent-a-cop) at our building was ready to call for back-up until I showed him it was foam. Nevermind pepper spray, jog in the park at night with one of these badboys in hand, with a 9-LED superbright flashlight leading the way, only the police will give you any trouble. (at least in Canada)
Img00012192.jpg

A picture of it with Spartan Intimidator 117
Img00012214.jpg

I like it, it is nearly game accurate
easybutton.jpg

Approved by Spartan Longshot-X
2thumbs-up.jpg

More pictures and a short video tutorial: www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-halo-weapons

Thanks! Version 1 (with the ammo rack) did not turn out as game accurate as I had hoped for, so we made version 2, minus the ammo rack, but with LED panels in the sights. Only a gun buff can tell version 2 is not a real shotgun, it gives the heebee-jeebies to anyone I've shown, and if I pointed it at you in a dark alley, you would probably toss me your wallet, the 7-11 clerk would empty the till, and the security guy (rent-a-cop) at our building was ready to call for back-up until I showed him it was foam. Nevermind pepper spray, jog in the park at night with one of these badboys in hand, with a 9-LED superbright flashlight leading the way, only the police will give you any trouble. (at least in Canada)

I probably would just give you whatever you wanted before checking it looks that accurate. I do miss the shell holders though; I haven't seen a gun with one in a long time since shotgun shell belts seem to be in but I can't imagine why. They're the most dangerous things in the world to be wearing other then high heels. Anyway, other then a few markings and the bright colours I imagine not a lot of people would be able to tell at all. Combat shotguns don't appear to be that popular so its not like someone is going to contemplate if that a Mossberg 590A1 or a M45 Tactical in thier face. If they do I hope you have a knife hidden somewhere cause they're going to fight you for it. As for Canada I'm not too sure about that... have you seen hobo with a shotgun? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back