Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell you what, when i finish my armor, i'll get a couple of my buddies (marines and ODST's) and we'll all go out and blow up Sterling Heights to protect it from Covenant Hands :)

"I'm also wanting to sell the unpainted Recon helmet as well, FYI it is a small helmet...........scaled at around 9-10 inches in height. " I might be interested, PM me with a price

I have put my crafting on hiatus for quite some time as papercraft is quite time consuming, and I have no clue how to sculpt, but after reading all these foam build threads I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Your thread has been inspirational! Keep up the great work!

I have put my crafting on hiatus for quite some time as papercraft is quite time consuming, and I have no clue how to sculpt, but after reading all these foam build threads I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Your thread has been inspirational! Keep up the great work!
Yeah, the paper stuff is time consuming, but the foam definitely goes a lot faster. Especially because it takes out the time needed for fiberglassing or any other hardening stuff.

Also, where in michigan do you live? I noticed your avatar says "RUN CMD", but I was at a party last night and our friend that was spinning music had a shirt that said "RUN DMC". :p

Yeah, the paper stuff is time consuming, but the foam definitely goes a lot faster. Especially because it takes out the time needed for fiberglassing or any other hardening stuff.

Also, where in michigan do you live? I noticed your avatar says "RUN CMD", but I was at a party last night and our friend that was spinning music had a shirt that said "RUN DMC". :p
Run CoMmanD. Window's XP's equivalent is the RUN prompt in the Start menu (Windows key + R, for those of us who like our keyboard shortcuts).

Ditto what Halogoddess asked about where you're based out of...I'm in the Downriver area, almost to Ohio.

Well look what I got! :D

This is a molded helmet that was given to me by Calladar. :p

In the 3rd pic, you can see where there is some damage that I will have to try and fix and in the 2nd image you can see how badly warped it is. I am hoping that if I take my hair dryer to it and cool it immediately, I will be able to reshape it.

307rgg1.jpg

Also, when I tried it on, it seemed VERY big on me. I'm hoping that with the rest of my armor on, it won't look as big, but right now, the thing just seems HUGE on my tiny head. D: My head only measures 8 inches from my chin to the very top of my head. XD

It's been really hot here lately, but anyways I love to see this community being so giving!! I hope the hair dryer will help unwarp it. :D

Size.... It should be a little roomy. Needs to have space for padding at the very least. Let us know how it turns out.

Well Halogoddes, its all comming along great :) My friends GF wants a kat suit too lol. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back