ODST - SMG out of Nerf Recon (WIP)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Great build so far! I can't wait to see the finished SMG.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolC View Post
    Thanks all for the comments. This project is currently in hiatus. I made all the pieces but I forgot to bring one of the "butt" home so it was soaked and became useless. My son, being the destroyer, decided to play with the only silencer/barrel and drop it somewhere in my garage. Now the SMG has no head and butt! Grrr! Hopefully I can get it completed by end of September.
    ...Butt-head jokes... nice. lol

damn kids with their droppin stuff and not to mention that horrible water! soakig our work. lol i hope this build goes well.

Excellent work on this though sorry to hear your little un had his wee way, as well as the stock getting soaked :/ I look forward to seeing the rebuilt version on here soon mate

Excellent work! I was thinking of doing something very similar to this for my smg. The deatail you get with the cardboard is incredible. Can't wait to see it done.

that thing is awesome! i want to see it done!!!

Thank you all for your interest in this build. First off, I can say that I have no patience at all in trying to finish this. You can tell by the lack of quality in my work. This was an experiment and I wasn't expecting this to be perfect. Plus, it was a toy for my kids on the Halloween.

Here I present you the final painted SMG. Not exactly the right size.

Over the years I experimented with other kind of build. Here is a pepakura M6A that I did last year. This was actually destroyed by my son, again. I was able to salvage most of it and finished it up with a fresh coat of paint. Note that the trigger is missing.

Two months ago I tried the cardboard method. Here is the results.

Here are the 3 guns with 3 different build methods. The method I prefer is using cardboard. It requires a lot of planning and scratch building, but I can put more details in it. And if I plan correctly, the gun is the right size with the right details.

omg omg omg omg you are pro as man keep it up with the good work and such especialy with the m6d (favouite gun) and ma37 way better than mine

wow you inspired me to try this good job

dude that cardbored mood looks great!