help with ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to try and make a ghost the covenant kind with a few bikes and some pipping and lots of cardboard any ideas on the matter.

i'm going to try and make a ghost the covenant kind with a few bikes and some pipping and lots of cardboard any ideas on the matter.

Oh, haha! I was thinking you were referring to Ghost from MW2 (there was a Spectre in MW2, right?)!

Anyway, sorry I can't help you with building vehicle Ghosts, etc.

this will depend largely on how much time and money you have available... but my recomendation for the build, try and rig to extra wheels either side of the front wheel on your bike so you've got width and stability in the front, then using some sort of heavy duty wire or pipes; then using some sort of plastic sheet (preferably) or card board make a stable base to which you can then begin to build up with an inner frame, the, will in the space around the inner frame with some sort of light weight expanding foam which is easy to sand and shape...
Thats just how I would do it :p good luck!

i've got some crafrom and conduwit laying around but now i got a bigging problem that guy on youtube Dafrontline trooper started talking about adobe after effects and i need the code to unlock it. and the seat part i got down just an old lawnmore seat. if can think of anything else let me know.

I am no expert on building Ghosts made of bikes, but several problems occur to me. Ghosts are bulky vehicles, which is okay because they are hovering. That is not okay for a wheeled frame. If you use one bike, balancing it will be worst than walking a tight rope and if you use two, you will have a vehicle that will technically work, but because it will only go forward and will not turn at extreme angles, it will be so difficult to drive that it will only be able to be used on wide open planes. Don't let me discourage you, because there may be a way to do it and if there is, the great people of this community will be the ones to know. Just know that it is not going to be a "little project" that costs $50 and can be done over the weekend.

it's not going to sit on the ground. it will float unless i put the front two wheels close enough to turn and have the back wheel sationary. and i'm not spending much in fact most of the stuff around is stuff my work place threw out.

My advice to you is to somehow rig two wheels under the wing-like things on the ghost and one wheel that turns slightly behind the seat. Maybe you could have a shaft-like steering wheel to control the back wheel, and possibly pedals for the front. but i highly doubt you can do this with a bike unless you seriously rig it up. But good luck. If you ever get there then you should keep us posted:)

trust me you better off getting me a code it's easier for me i have a lot to do and yeah if you want i'll send you a message with details.

getting back to your way of steering it have you considered using something like a green machine dont know it you guys have them its like a tricyle that swings the rear wheel to steer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3Vx72DnEa0jZ6TETQLHELh-gmiE8OEH7l7QaXHrNw2DeI4QDg.jpg

send it, i'm going to go to wall mart and see if they don't a 1:16 ghost model as well and sildo that's not a bad idea i'll look into that.

and for the love of all that is good in the world the making of we are odst only took two week's and it look like they vacuum form the helmets. and speaking of odst the backpack piece how am i going to make it fit in the seat any idea's on that part two?

Yes, if you've seen the making of the "We Are ODST" videos, you know it took 2 weeks. But you would also know thay it took about 30 people.

And watch the multiple posts, it's frowned upon unless you're updating a WIP thread with photos.

I like the idea you are attempting. My suggestion for the body is to use the foam mats that so many (me included) are using to make armor. It is super light weight, easy to manipulate and is cheap. For the bike frame. I would rig a single bike with two front wheels spaced about a foot apart. Then use your light-weight frame to attach the front "wings" to the main body of the bike, so that the double wheel handle-bars move freely and independent of the wings. Personally, I would attempt the ghost first, and once you get that figured out, then try other vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back