help with ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if i can't get the cgi right i might have to go and try building a full sacle pelican and odst pods.

Full scale pelican doubtful would take a large, and I mean large amount of funds. Now as for ODST drop pods that's a better possibility.

Yeah, I agree with Nintendude. Pelican would take a heckuva long time, and be DANG expencive, but a SOEIV (i think) drop pod wouldn't be too hard or costly (depending on how high quailty/realistic you want it) I like the ideas offered here for the ghost, and whatever project you try and tackle, I wish you the best luck.

thanks for the intel on the pelican i just hope the cgi is good enough to pass for one from halo 3

and for the love of all that is good in the world the making of we are odst only took two week's and it look like they vacuum form the helmets. and speaking of odst the backpack piece how am i going to make it fit in the seat any idea's on that part two?

First off that was done my a proffesional company that makes costumes and props regulary and has plenty of equipment to do most any job they need to do. That company also had the large funding of Microsoft who was the parent company of Bungie to spend on the material and man power to create what they needed.

The second thing I want to tell you is that there are some guys on here that are involved in making an ODST fan film and have made their own drop pod already. I would suggest looking for them and asking them how much time and how many people it took to make theirs( I think it was 2-4 but I'm not sure) and see if they could give you any other pointers. I know a few people have made the ODST backpack but Sean Bradly makes a Vacuformed one too. So just try the search feature and look for what you can and most of your questions should be answered by just looking at the other threads as well as asking people that have stated that they have built the items you are inquiring about.

Your going to have a really hard time using a bike. Its going to be too tall and even with supports its going to be really hard to drive. How about something like this?

scorpionfront.jpg

Darn, if this had been a MW2 ghost build, I could have offered some advice (I made a pretty sucessful ghost costume for halloween last year :D), but as for this ghost, all I can offer you is good luck!

You know, since everything is going to be CG but you want them to be real and not ACTUAL CG, why not just make detailed miniatures and edit them in? why go through the effort to make them all large scale? Not convinced? go watch Hunt for Red October. All the sub scenes were miniatures (not THAT mini, but still). another? Star wars. LOTR. The list goes on. Miniatures are a great way to add set items that would be too costly/labor intensive to make full scale.

You know, since everything is going to be CG but you want them to be real and not ACTUAL CG, why not just make detailed miniatures and edit them in? why go through the effort to make them all large scale? Not convinced? go watch Hunt for Red October. All the sub scenes were miniatures (not THAT mini, but still). another? Star wars. LOTR. The list goes on. Miniatures are a great way to add set items that would be too costly/labor intensive to make full scale.

one reason kami con it's something that's going on in april in alabama and a full ghost would get me in no matter how hard you try, and i want to have something in the film that i can take to event that's from the show.

okay guy's i'm starting to lose it with the lighting idea's one guy says to use 24 watt lights and another says LED any idea's on which to use?

good news and bad news.

good news i'm going to start some chraity events.

bad new's the ghost is on the back burner but i will kept working on it.

update for everyone their wil be photo all over facebook and everything becasue i will have it at the halo combat evolution launch so keep an eye out.

sorry about the time lag i just had to close shop for the winter but the ghost is done i'll get a photo up by x-mas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back