Halo Ammunition Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma Code

Jr Member
I modeled a bullet from a Halo ammo chart, and here it is. I'm new at modeling, so constructive criticism is welcome.
I'll work on other ammo as soon as possible. :D

M68 Gauss Cannon Slug | 25mm x 130
gauss-1.png

M41 Light Anti-Aircraft Round | 12.7mm x 99
untitled-1.png

Armor Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot | 14.5mm x 114
AMRifleround.png

BR55 Round | 9.5mm x 40
smallbullet.png

High Explosive Anti Tank Missile | 102mm
rocket.png

7.62 Round FMG | 7.26mm x 51 NATO
762.png

The Halo uses the same ammo as the standard first used in early 1900s .50 Browning Machine Gun (12.7x99mm NATO) ??

I am building Jorge’s heavy gun and the magazine Is just over 3.5 in deep and the .50 has an overall length 138mm or just shy of 5.5 in. . Checked the scale against the action figure and it was just under 4 in. , it was my guess that they might have used a stretched AE.50 round because if the overall length of the halo round is 99mm or just under 4 in ? then they would match up . Before I go on just wanted to make sure it’s close to the game as it can be .

But good job on the bullet !!

Thanks. I'm pretty new at modeling, so I wanted to start off simple. I'll continue the models. And I realized I could host a file on 4shared, so I'll get that up soon so someone can make a pep file out of it.

Cool once you get it up on a file share I can unfold and have one built in an hour from getting the file. It’s great to have someone working on the ammo! Just let me know what length it should be.
Good work

The computer stuff is way out side my pay grade, building things from plans or scratch is my expertise. Only can help once you get to an obj

My guess is that there "should" be a "Save As" or "Export" menu in the drop down File menu. Then it may give you the option to either save or export as a .obj file. Though, I've never used any of those programs, so I really don't know :p

My guess is that there "should" be a "Save As" or "Export" menu in the drop down File menu. Then it may give you the option to either save or export as a .obj file. Though, I've never used any of those programs, so I really don't know :p

Yeah. He's pretty much on the right track. In Blender, click on file then export. There will be a bunch of file extensions to choose from and near the bottom of the list, you should see: Wavefront (.obj). That is what you want to save it as. Then just name your file and select where you want to save it. :)

Where did you post the file??? Also if you can, would love it if you could make molded of the 102mm rocket. I won’t be able to work on till Monday because I have the kids this weekend

Where did you post the file??? Also if you can, would love it if you could make molded of the 102mm rocket. I won’t be able to work on till Monday because I have the kids this weekend

He edited his first post. :p Just click on the title above each picture. The links are there. :p hehe

Links are on the titles. And I'll be happy to model the rocket. :) I should have it done tomorrow.

Haha Thanks HaloGoddess and Plasma Code :p!! I just down loaded all of them and unfolded them . Great work Plasma they were all within one 1mm ! I was able to get the slug to 12.7 on the M41 and the case came to 98mm and the M68 was 130x24 mm . Thats awesome and now my Guns will have nonlethal ammo !! ..... My son is telling it’s time to get on reach and work on the daily challenges now:)

Okay M-071, Rocket model is up and running! Also, can you link the pepakura files? I wanted to transport the ammunition files to the Reach file thread.

I am confused about the guns now and what rounds they fire now? I thought the halo 3 minigun was based off of the M134 we use today and that one was the 7.62 ? M247H was a more portable for marines to use and it fired the 12.7 round and the warthog had a minigun that fired the 12.7 round. The only reason I’m asking is I have parts (ammo chutes for both M134 and browning .50 and barrels) of real guns around and want to make sure I get close to the game as I can. Here are the sites I have referenced. Thanks Guys

http://halofanon.wikia.com/wiki/M247H_machine_gun
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M12_Light_Reconnaissance_Vehicle
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M12_Light_Reconnaissance_Vehicle

On Halopedia, it says the M247H fires a 7.62 whereas the Halofanan says it fires a 12.7. I would think it fired a 7.62. Since that's the case, I'll model a 7.62 round.

EDIT: Okay, 7.62 round model is up and running.

plasma code how do I load up the files and send them back to or put them in file share? I made all the rounds but the rocket wasn’t as easy as it looked maybe my unfolding was not good or the model might need to be tweaked for pep? I will put up pics later of the rounds. If you want a bigger model to work on the m68 round is missing a gauss cannon. I think it would be really cool to have a small turret next to the life size round

Sorry I've been away for so long. I will try to start on that turret and take a look at the rocket model. I'll tweak it a bit for pep.

You can upload the finished files to a 4shared account or any file hosting website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back