Anyone else live in Washington State?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason-549 View Post
    I live down just south of Portland, and I do use Bondo and paint year-round. You need a hot box. Basically, a rubbermaid tote with a heat lamp inside (pet store find). Actually, pretty much, you need to make a fake Easy Bake Oven. It will keep the fumes contained and keep it warm enough for the bondo to cure.

Also, you might need to build a painting booth (something you can bondo in with it blowing the fumes outside). Doesn't have to be much. Mine is a table with an acrylic shield on the front and a couple of sintra sheets for sides. It has some plastic strips on the lower front that I can put my hands through to do the work I need without exposing too much for the fumes to get out more than necessary. It is also good to sand in to keep the particulates from going everywhere. Just make sure to clean it regularly or the acrylic shield can get scummy. It is built against a window and has a small fan to suck out the fumes. It also has a couple of heat lamps to keep it from getting too cold inside.

Dang man that sounds like alot. I only have a townhome so not much in the way of being able to do all that damn. Was hoping I could put a heater or something but a tote like you said sounds good.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyQball79 View Post
    Dang man that sounds like alot. I only have a townhome so not much in the way of being able to do all that damn. Was hoping I could put a heater or something but a tote like you said sounds good.
    We do painting and fabrication for other things, so the painting booth is required lest we have stoned cats running around huffing paint fumes. Also, it helps when sanding for the same reason.

Though, last year when we had the snow... It was amazing sanding and painting with the flakes falling right outside the window.

I live in Marysville, WA. I am in the military though, and am gone almost all the time unfortunately!

New Recruit
    Total Downloaded
    hey johnny would you be interested in helping me out with our big Halo 4 launch part at gamestop? i need as many 405ths as i can, preferably with armor but not a requirement

Quote Originally Posted by everyonesproblm View Post
    hey johnny would you be interested in helping me out with our big Halo 4 launch part at gamestop? i need as many 405ths as i can, preferably with armor but not a requirement
    I wish I'm still trying to build my armor man got thighs done, right forearm and doing the shins tonight., Where are you from anyway?

I might have to move some stuff and set up some garbage bags in the garage with a space heater LoL the wife will not be happy.

Total Downloaded
    May be inappropriate to post here, so appologies. Is anyone here planning on going to emerald city comicon 2013 this year? I'm an oregonian but I'm just across the river in the portland area, planning on going so drop me a line if your going.

I'm going to Emerald City Comiccon 2013 either in my armor if I get it done or for my website, either way would love to meet up wit any 405th members and take some pictures and have a good time.

Total Downloaded
    Awesome! Jonny. Are you on FB? Send me a pm with some contact info, We've got at least 4 spartans from the portland area going up there, trying to organize some kind of meet up

Total Downloaded
    Howdy yall, i'm in Port Orchard moved last year from VA. Ill be starting my pep armor build here very soon. My wife said it would be okay. Hoping to have it ready for Halloween,

I'm in Tacoma, WA at the moment, might be leaving soon as i am getting out of the army but i'm here for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gliderx64 View Post
    Awesome! Jonny. Are you on FB? Send me a pm with some contact info, We've got at least 4 spartans from the portland area going up there, trying to organize some kind of meet up
    Yes we are Geekmundo.net I haven't gotten my suit done yet but would love to see folks.

New Recruit
    Total Downloaded
    Long time RPF'r been in washington for 39 years. Up in Marysville currently, drive into redmond is about 40 minutes.

Total Downloaded
    Hey y'all Washington folks. There are a few folks in the Port Orchard, Bremerton, Silverdale area. I would love to do a meet and greet somewhere, maybe dinner or coffee somewhere. Let me know if this sounds like something worth putting together.

i live in SPOKANE!!!

Total Downloaded
    I was stationed in Everett while in the Navy. I miss the Northwest something fierce.

Total Downloaded
    A meetup sounds excellent! Unfortunately, I'm in college now, so my schedule is wonky. :/

I live in seattle. Is anyone here going to Emerald city comic con 2014?

Hi all. New to armor building and checking in from Whidbey Island.

New Recruit
    Total Downloaded
    checking in from Lynnwood. I'm new to armor building and currently in the process of procuring supplies for my first build.
    If anyone in the surrounding area has any advice, tips/tricks, etc. or would like to meet up for lunch or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated.

Total Downloaded

Re: Anyone else live in Washington State?

Hello everyone, just wanted to let everyone know I live near snohomish / millcreek area. I will be at Pax this year with my kids, two of us will be in halo reach armor.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...met-build-quot

Total Downloaded

Hey guys and gals, i asked art to set up a pacific regiment for the 405th and since it is now created i would like to get everyone's 405th name and location compiled if i may ask that of everyone

Fireryne
    Port Orchard, WA

if you dont feel comfortable you can use county and state, please state that it is a county if you do that.

Total Downloaded

I am 30 mins from Olympia. Hope to meet up with some of you guys