**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Raragirl. I'm starting to think that the novelty of Halo 3 builds is wearing off; so it's nice when I get a comment on my on-going build.

I'm still working on the new foam boots, but I've also started on the suit's first permutation, CQB. I've started pepping L3X BLU3R1V3R's CQB helmet, and let me tell you, it's a beauty. I'll get pictures up as soon as I get it pepped; as of right now, the top bowl is complete.

Great film! Your suit is still one of the best Carp. It's great to hear there will be another CQB build going on. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :D

Thanks Raragirl. I'm starting to think that the novelty of Halo 3 builds is wearing off; so it's nice when I get a comment on my on-going build.

NO! We love the H3 builds! Still the best game (from a campaign standpoint). I love the Bungie purist comment. We have to support the H3 builds--at least until my H3 Spartan Laser is done! I would truly love to get the finished Splaser together with your suit someday. One of the greatest suits out there Carp!

Redshirt

...I'm starting to think that the novelty of Halo 3 builds is wearing off; so it's nice when I get a comment on my on-going build.

Have to agree with the other guys; I might not comment often but this is my go-to thread when I want to see how a finished part is "supposed" to look. Between the amount of pictures and overall build accuracy, it's an amazing reference. Reach may be my favorite Halo but H3 is a close second, and like many others I haven't come to like the H4 armor yet.

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the CQB mods, too!

Great film! Your suit is still one of the best Carp. It's great to hear there will be another CQB build going on. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :D

NO! We love the H3 builds! Still the best game (from a campaign standpoint). I love the Bungie purist comment. We have to support the H3 builds--at least until my H3 Spartan Laser is done! I would truly love to get the finished Splaser together with your suit someday. One of the greatest suits out there Carp!

Redshirt

Have to agree with the other guys; I might not comment often but this is my go-to thread when I want to see how a finished part is "supposed" to look. Between the amount of pictures and overall build accuracy, it's an amazing reference. Reach may be my favorite Halo but H3 is a close second, and like many others I haven't come to like the H4 armor yet.

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the CQB mods, too!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I guess I keep forgetting that even though there are no comments, the view count keeps going up. So, I'll keep pushing forward.

More to come!

Here it is. The first of the permutations. L3X BLU3R1V3R's CQB helmet (less a few floating faces)...

DSCN1851_zps25d3375a.jpg

DSCN1852_zpsb9185949.jpg

DSCN1853_zps1c9258b1.jpg

Next, I'll start working on the chest asset. Unfortunately, it will be another week or so before I can get my hands on some resin to start the hardening process.

Those lines...that pep...it is so wonderful :) definately an inspiration for me to work harder on my build! well done and keep up that amazing work :D

Thanks guys!

I've got one more quick update. I finished pepping the chest attachment.

DSCN1857_zpsc41edcdb.jpg

DSCN1858_zpse9014706.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time making sure that the measurements were correct so that the attachment points would line up with my existing torso. Tomorrow, I'll fish the torso out of storage and make sure it all lines up.

Thanks guys!

DSCN1858_zpse9014706.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time making sure that the measurements were correct so that the attachment points would line up with my existing torso.

I spent a lot of time doing that myself. You're a pro at this so I'm sure you've done it correctly. Also, the helmet and chest attachment look great! :D

Well, I've got to say, the fit doesn't get much better than this...

DSCN1859_zps7b81c9f8.jpg

DSCN1860_zps876e8793.jpg

DSCN1861_zpsaf4e11b2.jpg

DSCN1862_zpsb1b95731.jpg

Now, on to the shoulders...

I see you comment everywhere, and decided to finally check out your work.

Can I say that it makes me wanna do some Halo 3 stuff REALLY badly? Definitely on my list, Halo 3 is my second favorite game after Halo 2. The only reason I started with Reach armour is because it looked a lot more square, hence, easier to build, and there are a million and one builds to draw info and inspiration from.
So keep up the good work man, your a crazy inspiration to get me to build some MKVI armour.

Also, I'm a bit of a Bungie purist too, just maybe not as much as you are haha. :D

Never let it be said that you cannot bondo foam...

DSCN1869_zps4e8c8b97.jpg

DSCN1870_zps664c0632.jpg

DSCN1871_zpsc7ec2015.jpg

DSCN1872_zps103df427.jpg

There is still a lot of work left to be done, but I'm really liking the way this is working out!

Dude! I finally saw the video and man that was great! Good job :)
As for the updates you have posted after, well awesome as well! I look forward to seeing the CQB.

So did you bondo the foam to seal it? or for other reasons? Im actually surprised, but it looks like it works really well lol

Nice! Awesome work as per usual.

Thanks!

Dude! I finally saw the video and man that was great! Good job :)
As for the updates you have posted after, well awesome as well! I look forward to seeing the CQB.

So did you bondo the foam to seal it? or for other reasons? Im actually surprised, but it looks like it works really well lol

I bondoed the foam boot for a few reasons. First, it was a test to see if the type of resin I used to coat the foam could take the bondo well enough. Second, to smooth out the parts of the foam model that are supposed to be a smooth curve (rather than a curve with visible seams). I'll end up bondoing the entirety of the toe portion of the boot to achieve the shape I want, but might not have to do so with the heel portion.

Thanks!

I bondoed the foam boot for a few reasons. First, it was a test to see if the type of resin I used to coat the foam could take the bondo well enough. Second, to smooth out the parts of the foam model that are supposed to be a smooth curve (rather than a curve with visible seams). I'll end up bondoing the entirety of the toe portion of the boot to achieve the shape I want, but might not have to do so with the heel portion.

What kind of resin did you use that did not damage the foam, if you dont mind me asking. I have always admired your work and I also prefer the halo 3 armor and a lot of the reach armor. so I am glad that you are still building this and still updating with fresh pics. How much fun was it to be part of the video that you uploaded.

P.s.

What ever happened to lex blu3riv3r I haven't seen him here for a while .

What kind of resin did you use that did not damage the foam, if you dont mind me asking.

Check this post...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ive-Action-Video-Now-Up!)?p=669266#post669266

I have always admired your work and I also prefer the halo 3 armor and a lot of the reach armor. so I am glad that you are still building this and still updating with fresh pics. How much fun was it to be part of the video that you uploaded.

Thanks! The day we filmed was actually a blast. It was pretty interesting seeing how a film comes together behind the camera!

P.s.

What ever happened to lex blu3riv3r I haven't seen him here for a while .

He's still around. I think he lurks more than anything anymore, keeping up with the job as a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back