Skullmeat's M247H WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullmeat

I've been looking for Jorge's minigun all over the place, both on 405th, other pepakura based sites, googling it, and everything else I can think of, for about the last 9 hours. I believe in research. And I've come across nothing. Shame shame, because I really want to make it.

So, instead of getting the pepakura file and pepping it and doing all that hoo-ha, I'm going to start at the beginning. Making the 3d file. I'm currently about 3 hours into it, and have the front end done. I figure, since I'm going to be literally making this thing from start finish, I'll do a WIP thread. My first one! Yay!

Anyways, this will be a learning experience for me, so maybe some other fellow noobs can learn from this as well! I'll be posting my progress throughout the whole project.

As a noob, I feel obligated to put up an annoying progress report, It'll help me fit in with the other noobs, I'm sure!
JorgesgunProgressReport.png

Ignore this, it's been solved:
At the moment, I am unsure how to post pictures (Should have looked that up before I started the post) So my next post will include my progress so far!
Keep on moving soldier:

My plans for making this thing after pep, are to slush cast the inside with rondo (Correct terminology? Feel free to correct me on any mistakes you see.) the barrel is going to be PVC pipe, and I'm also going to be building this thing in pieces, mainly so slush casting will be easier, and I can make it hollow. So far my thoughts are to make the front barrel area, then everything behind the handle, and then the third part will be the lower parts including the ammo can. Feel free to comment on any processes with tips or advice, or criticism. I'm a noob to this, I'd appreciate any advice from you pros :]

ALSO!!!
I'm planning on making the Noble 5 armor (Jorge) Because it's just epic. I've found super high def files for the chest and backpack (Who would put so much detail into a backpack? xD I'm not complaining) the left shoulder, the shins, and then whatever else is in the pepakura pack that's posted in the 405th stickies. Otherwise, I suppose I'll be making the rest of the permutations by hand. So this is going to be a pretty long WIP.

Edit:
This will also probably be more of a low definition file, for the simple reason that many of the details would be difficult to pep, and instead of going through the process of painstakingly gluing those tiny details, which might also not come out 100% perfect when I fill this thing with foam anyways, I can just carve them out afterwards. It's easier and faster as well.
But I may make another one with more details later, it depends on how this first one goes. I am, after all, a noob.

I'm also refraining from making this an exact replica of Jorge's gun, because thus far into the project, I've already made some minor alterations (A few on accident) and I like them more. Just simple things such as a longer barrel, the sight has minor differences, and what I think is the gas chamber on the bottom is scaled a bit differently. I may change it up in the back as well, but for now I'm just going to be sticking to minor alterations, keeping the majority of the detail as close as I can keep it to the original.

I'll include the pictures of the whole 3d editing part here (As long as it lets me go back and edit and add things o_O)

Jorgesgun1.png

Jorgesgun1_1.png

^This is what I finished as of the morning of 8/9/11

Jorgesgun1_3.png

As of the morning of 8/10/11

Jorgesgun1_4.png

4:10pm 8/10/11

Edit:
Ventrue: I actually have the page you linked me in my bookmarks. Thank you for the help though :] I just didn't think to open up a new tab and read it before I posted that.
But you're right. Noob mistake. It won't happen again.

Other Edit:
Turns out that file was way too much for Pepakura to handle, so I'm going to be splitting it into three groups, the front barrel, the rear drum-like section, and all the attachments like the handle and ammo can rack. That will make it easier to build anyways!

Other other edit that makes the last edit obsolete:
Turns out that because the way I modeled the butt end of the rifle, it would take hours on end to separate the handle and other side pieces, so I just split the whole rifle down the middle hamburger style then hot dog style, so it's in 4 corners now. And I took the muzzle off, along with the top guard and the little button thingy on the back (I have no idea what to call it.) and made them separate components, for ease of assembly both for them and the rest of the rifle. (I'm trying to think ahead.)
Otherwise, the modeling is done, and I'm about to start the unfold (And by that I mean scour forums and Google to see why the heck Pepakura ain't taking my file :p)

Last edit:
I've unfolded the first quarter, and I'm about to print and pep it! We'll see how it turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back