Emile build (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool5

Jr Member
Hey all! I'm back this time with Emile noble 4! Now I know THIS post doesn't have pictures, thats because I don't have acces to a computer at the moment, but I promise they'll be up before 10 o'clock tomorrow morning.

A little while ago, I was working on peping boots for this project, when I realized how much bigger than my foot the were, I told myself no more pepakura! So here it comes, mostly out of cardboard (except the helmet). I did manage to make the boots work out, but they're not halo reach accurate, but they look good!

Here's what I have done so far;
~the boots (pepped)
~the chest piece (scratch built from cardboard)

Just for reinsurance, I am fiberglassing the cardboard to keep it strong, that and hopefully the shins will be done tomorrow

Hey :D

Ive really wanted to do emiles armor for a long time and will probably start my own set very soon.

One small question, what are you planning to do helmet and visor wise??? I have had quite a few outlandish ideas of my own for the helmet, but if I ever get round to doing mine and your still working on yours I'd be happy to help you :)

Good Luck!!!

Ive really wanted to do emiles armor for a long time and will probably start my own set very soon.

One small question, what are you planning to do helmet and visor wise??? I have had quite a few outlandish ideas of my own for the helmet, but if I ever get round to doing mine and your still working on yours I'd be happy to help you :)

Good Luck!!!

you should come check out my post were both making emile helmets and helping each other out. And nice work deadpool5!

HOORAY FOR PICTURES!

The Boots
photo-16.jpg

Chest
photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-20.jpg

Well that's all I got so far, I'm gonna try and get the shins done today, and resin the chest.

looks really good for cardboard!
but i do have 1 suggestion: use a lot less hot glue, right now you are useing so much that it is going to be very hard to get it smooth around the edges/details of your chest...

Good Luck!!!

I hope to see your armor soon! As for the visor, I do plan on the traditional "visor around the eyes" but, to make the skull looklike it was carved, there are little lines I wil leave unpainted, so it gives me a little mo vision. I would lime to here some of your ideas too!

Today 09:44 AMCjsuner
looks really good for cardboard!
but i do have 1 suggestion: use a lot less hot glue, right now you are useing so much that it is going to be very hard to get it smooth around the edges/details of your chest...

Thanks for the advice. To anyone feel free to criticize or give tips. Cjsuner, I did think of that, and my answer, I am putting bondo around the "seams" to smooth them out, I am currently at that dreaded phase!

To all interested, I should have some more picture updates later tonight. Stay tuned!

I got two things to ask:

What techniques do you use for your cardboard armour?
For the helmet, What are you using for the visor, and is it see-through?
Im still choosing what I want to do for my armour, but Im currently wanting (badly) to make a EVA helmet like Emile's

I got two things to ask:

What techniques do you use for your cardboard armour?
For the helmet, What are you using for the visor, and is it see-through?
Im still choosing what I want to do for my armour, but Im currently wanting (badly) to make a EVA helmet like Emile's

I really don't have a certain technique that I follow, it's more like look at a picture, cut, glue.

For the visor, I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but it'll prob be cheap clear plastic with a skull painted on it

I hope to see your armor soon! As for the visor, I do plan on the traditional "visor around the eyes" but, to make the skull looklike it was carved, there are little lines I wil leave unpainted, so it gives me a little more vision. I would lime to here some of your ideas too!

i like what you have done with the boot file, but jut in case, you do know that the toe is a separate file and the piece that you used for the toe goes on top of the two pieces to cover the gap between the ankle hole and the toe. just saying this just in case you didnt know..

i like what you have done with the boot file, but jut in case, you do know that the toe is a separate file and the piece that you used for the toe goes on top of the two pieces to cover the gap between the ankle hole and the toe. just saying this just in case you didnt know..

Yes I do know what part is ment for, but for it to fit PROPERLY, I would need a size 19 foot! Anyway I ditched that and build a more accurate version which I will be posting pics up tomorrow.

BTW: nice foam build you got going there! I wanted to make this out our foam but I dont know where to buy it.

P.S. Way to go on telling of the h3llbound guy!

lol... thanks? but if you needed foam every lowes and homedepot sells it.. but idk where you are so i cant help that much :p

So here's yesterday's progress, it goes fast!

Resined the chest piece
photo-21.jpg

Redid the boots, to fit the shin piece
photo-22.jpg

photo-23.jpg

photo-26.jpg

Here's the right shin
photo-27.jpg

Did some bondo to cover and smooth the "seams"
photo-28.jpg

And started on the left shoulder
photo-29.jpg

And finished the right shoulder (sorry it's upside-down)
photo-24.jpg

photo-25.jpg

Well that's all for yesterday, I'm getting some more supplies today, so I can start resining all I have done.

Oh, and some tips on how to mount the armor on yourself when I'm done would be GREATLY appreciated!

It is truly amazing what you can do with a cardboard box! I mean, you can sit in one, sit in one and pretend it's a sub, or a rocketship, or even turn it into a robot! But of course, there are those sick puppies who DISMANTLE a small child's imaginary world, to turn it into a boot. People like you disgust me. :D

It is truly amazing what you can do with a cardboard box! I mean, you can sit in one, sit in one and pretend it's a sub, or a rocketship, or even turn it into a robot! But of course, there are those sick puppies who DISMANTLE a small child's imaginary world, to turn it into a boot. People like you disgust me. :D

Well it was going to get recycled. But thanks for the (hidden) compliment.

Unfortunately, progress today was reduced to a crawl. It randomly started down-pouring. Well, "when in Alberta, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes."

Well, i'd have to say that your work is going faster than mine, seeing as I can't decide which peice I want to work on, and I keep flip-flopping all over.

I'm sad. my school is laden with idiots, rich jerks, wannabes, and maybe one or two cool people. If we had people like you and Satchmo, I'm telling you, we would rule the freaking world.

That does make alot of sense for the actual armour, just using a refrence pic, maybe some templates sounds like a smart idea

But with the clear plastic, what kind of matirials do you suggest? Im considering a acrylic plastic, but getting the desired shape of the EVA helmet still eludes me. Will the plastic be tinted? Because I dont want my face to be visible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back