Hey Everyone (Noobs included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeman

Jr Member
I AM A NOOB and proud of it. This is a vid of myself showing what I have created using just duct tape and cardboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job man. My fav part is probably the helmet. My buddy and I are going to try to build some UNSC Marine armor. You may want to use straight up black duct tape if you want to make another of duct tape and cardboard. It will cut down on the work as far as spray painting it and the paint won't chip off. Nice job on the UNSC logo too, esp without a stencil.

Awesome...All i have is just a piece of cardboard cut out to sort've a helmet shape and the Rubies costume!

I AM A NOOB and proud of it. This is a vid of myself showing what I have created using just duct tape and cardboard.

"Welcome to the 405th!"

That has to be THE BEST introduction that I have ever read. KUDOS! :) :) :)

I can sense the pride in your work and determination to do a full pep. I found your video to be inspirational and motivational. I know, cause I have the desire to build what you just did.
"Genius" to build your creation out of cardboard and black duct tape. Cheap and still looks good. I need to get some duck tape! I can get lots of cardboard for free.

This looks GREAT!! ESPECIALLY for a noob, and for cardboard and duct tape!! GREAT JOB!!

Exactly what he said too!

Cheers!

Dude, this is awesome. I loved the video. I like that you started simple, got your feet wet a bit, and are hopefully going to continue into pepping! Also, welcome to the 405th!!!! Hope to see you around more on the forums. If you can do that well with JUST cardboard and duct tape, I can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with full-on fiberglass!

Hey Everyone. Thanks for the comments and advice. I will be sure to take all of it into account. I have an update on the build. I finished building the ODST shoulders (again with just Duct tape and cardboard). I will post pictures once all the painting and detail work is done on them. They were bigger than I thought they would be but they should go great with the rest of the armor. Again, thanks for all the positive comments. One more thing I forgot to say, only the shoulders were made with the edge ID #'s. It was a pain, but so fun.

I forgot to ask: Did you do the visor yourself?

Yes I did. I made it out of a translucent blue plastic folder and I cut and folded it to fit the hole for it. I had extra plastic around the edges to allow me to duct tape it in. A side effect of using the folder: no one can see into the helmet from the outside but you can see them, all without needing to metalize or tint the front.

Hey guys. I finally finished my armor and weapons. I built an assault rifle and suppressed M6 pistol (using an airsoft gun as a base). I finished it up about an hour ago and figured to post it ASAP.

Yes I did. I made it out of a translucent blue plastic folder and I cut and folded it to fit the hole for it. I had extra plastic around the edges to allow me to duct tape it in. A side effect of using the folder: no one can see into the helmet from the outside but you can see them, all without needing to metalize or tint the front.

Nice. Thanks a lot, it should help when I make some Marine armor when i get back to GA.

Seriously awesome build man! If you can make a suit that looks like that out of cardboard and duct tape, you are going to make a killer suit using the pep/glass method!!! Good job!!

its pretty funny you are doing the classic ODST from H2... i just started my foam build on it (no thread yet). i love classic stuff like Mark V and all that stuff. anyway it look really good for a all scratch build. and i really hope you get into this stuff like i am trying to, keep it up

its pretty funny you are doing the classic ODST from H2... i just started my foam build on it (no thread yet). i love classic stuff like Mark V and all that stuff. anyway it look really good for a all scratch build. and i really hope you get into this stuff like i am trying to, keep it up

It wasn't an all scratch build. I actually used the pep plans for the entire armor. The cardboard didn't fold perfectly so I didn't get the smoothness of the helmet that I wanted. I think it still turned out nice for the three weeks it took me to build all the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back