SpartanT117's Hazop Build; WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanT117

*UPDATE* PIECES DONE: Helmet(finished), Thighs(finished), handplates(finished+mounted), Forearms(pepped), Right Bicep/shoulder(pepped), Codpiece(pepped)
NOT DONE: Left Bicep/shoulder(50%), Chestpiece(80%), Shins(0%), Boots(0%)

Well, I thought about doing this for quite a while, just now getting to it. I guess you could call this a Reach WIP... I've got pretty much the base essentials for my suit, I think. Here's my inventory, if I've missed anything, let me know..*base essentials for making a suit, not something silly like, "oh, you forgot your stirring stick for your resin!"* thanks! so here it is!
1.Respirator
2.110Lb cards stock paper
3.fiberglass resin
4.Pep Blueprints
5.fiberglass mat or cloth
6.Bondo
7.visor for helmet-(still saving money for it, things like visors frown upon your pocketbook, especially when you're sucked dry from everything else.... lol)
8.PENDING-Pressure Suit-are these things absolutely necessary? because they are about as bad as the visor! I thought maybe I could just use some web strapping?
So I believe this is the essentials for a suit, still trying to figure out how to make a *non-functioning* weapon that has a functioning magazine and slide if you know what I mean. So included in this post should be a reference Image. What I'm goin for is a Reach Hazops helmet with a standard Mark 5b torso,cod, etc.. So tell me what y'all think!!
credit for the ref image goes to Nate Hawbaker @veegie.com, and the amazing tool vanity. this post is monitored and will be updated regularly.

tvanosdell

Last edited by a moderator:
8.PENDING-Pressure Suit-are these things absolutely necessary? because they are about as bad as the visor! I thought maybe I could just use some web strapping?

I don't use a pressure suit for under my armour, but I can see how they'd come in handy with strapping. My pieces move around a lot because they're only strapped to each other. It's not essential, but you get what you pay for.

I agree with Jonus. Pressure suits are not NEEDED, I used some cheap under armor from walmart, but I know it would have helped quite a bit with certain pieces from moving around. For your first build I'd say you could deal without it. I understand that absence of money and how it poses a problem. I was getting supplies with each check I got because I didn't have enough in the beginning to get it all at once.

Yeah, that' what I was thinkin, even without it right now, I could always buy it in the future.. and then again, I would only have to buy it once if i decide to make more than one suit..

For my ODST build (my first), I didn't use a pressure suit. I got a long sleeve, black Underarmor jacket and a pair of black cargo pants. It turned out pretty well, but you couldn't attach the armor pieces to the clothes.

Thanks MrMike.. lol I saw some tights in Target the other day, So that's what I'm gonna go with until I have enough capitol.. lol

Ugghh... after spending a few hours getting the pieces arranged on the pages so that they wouldn't fade out, it turns out that my printer's ink is kind of soaking in the paper and the page ID num's are blurred out. It's a good thing I tested it on normal printer paper though. but I have made some forward progress, even with my printer messing up. I have all the pieces correctly lined up to where if it were legible, nothing would be fading out of the borders, I'm sure all the senior crafters on here know what I'm talking about. So I have one more thing to ask Santa for when christmas comes around. A laser printer.

Is it the Ink thats the problem? Because that can be fixed easily. AND you dont have to wait all the way to christmas; you could start on the DMR or AR. a couple of layers of cardboard will do the trick. Dont let rough patches like these stop your work...there is always progress to be made:)

Thanks for the moral support Skywalker. (lol always been a SW fan too) but to stay on subject, I think what you said the problem is is correct. after nagging "Santa" all morning, I tried explaining to them what I meant, and I printed out a sheet, to show them what I mean. Suprisingly, it didn't mess up anything this time. So I took a chance and put my 18 sheets of cardstock in there for my helm, said a quick prayer, and walaa!! everything came out fine! I was surprised. So I took a break to report forward progress to the 405th, I am cutting now, and if i work till midnight tonight, I should have it all cut out and ready to glue tomorrow. Ok break's over!!! progress report again tonight hopefully with pics!! happy pepping to all, and to all a happy thanksgiving!!

I was able to pump out two more pages, gonna do the last ten today. Wish me luck!! I hope I'm goin fast enough...

I only have six pages left!!QUOTE]

ya ONLY haha :)

and next to that picture you have, to the right you will see a box with "IMG code". click on the link next to "IMG code" and it will automatically copy it for you. past the link into the thread and your pic will show up in the thread. makes it easier on the viewers;)

thanks sky! I wanna make it easier on y'all. Ok, Progress report. don't have a picture, so take a step of faith and believe what I'm sayin. lol only 2 and a half pages left!!! so excited!!! can't wait to start the folding/gluing process!!

you are getting there man... and let me tell you there is no better feeling than to see your helmet come to life. it really gives you an accomlishing feeling. cant what to see it. and make sure the folds are crisp and glue neatly, the pep stage defines whether its a bad helmet or a good one. so take your time and DONT settle for anything... make it how you pictured it in your head.
:) good luck

Ok, another step of faith move, but I got all my files cut out! gonna start folding and gluing tomorrow! gettin my red and blue pens together!!! :D

111128-223801.jpg
ok, folding now.. I really hope it's not too small!!!! I don't know if you can see it or not, but there is red and blue ink corresponding with mountain and valley folds, scoring with pens so I have a good clean fold. It's my first build, so not expecting miracles, just gonna look at it as, "nothin a little Bondo won't fix." hopefully it's not too small. I took a measuring tape(metal) and measured my head and it said twelve inches, so I added two more for hardening/pad room. well, I found a flexible tape measure and it said 15 inches :[ I really hope it's not too small. But even if it is too small, I have somethin cool, maybe I could even give it away to auction off at a charity or somethin, or to whoever has the right measurements. But all in all, startin to look more and more like a helmet than just dynamic pieces of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back