SpartanT117's Hazop Build; WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice helmet. I can't wait to see what other pieces you'll build.
I'm in a crossroads between pepping L3X's ver 4 or foaming it. does it look any better than pep when you foam it?
and to answer you're hidden question, I'll be going with standard MK V armor, if I can't get all that I want done by any of the southwest Cons in the summer. Thanks for dropping a comment, stay tuned, I'll be glassing hazop this friday!

379829_283830871673261_100001390506057_816303_1698778993_n.jpg

My Handplates! they could not have been any bigger!! pumped these out yesterday and today. =D

for the handplates, I'd recommend getting a pair of gloves before you pep them. Then you can measure what the actual width of your hands would be. The gloves I plan on using added a good 1/4 inch to the overall width.

Helmet looks great.

I'm glad the helmet came out great, if it would have it messed up like these, I don't know what I would have done, probably given it all up. It took me at the most an hour to cut, fold, and glue, so no biggie, just do it again. It turns out, I measured from my knuckle to my wrist, not an inch BEFORE like HaloGoddess' tutorial said, so it was all me. :/ but like I said, no biggie, didn't take long, glad my helm came out safe and sound, should be glassing this weekend, got caught up in some things last weekend. Happy building everyone!!!

Well, alot has been happenin. last week got my visor cut out, this saturday I fiberglassed the inside of my helm, and I put on a lil Bondo just now. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to fiberglass it again, as I didn't do it right. :/ I took my square of fiberglass(I had then cut into individual squares like anyone would) dabbed it in the resin on both sides, AND BEGAN ROLLING IT IN MY HAND LIKE PLAY-DOH MAKING A BALL OF FIBERGLASS, and then molded it into my helmet, which rendered results that were, well, not horrible, but not what I expected. but anyway, that's not what you came to hear me say, you came to see my progress. so as they say, " A picture is worth a million 'prove it' posts." so pictures, start talkin!! :D

an overview of my workspace
FILE0058.jpg

and two pictures of the Bondo'd helmet. :D
FILE0062.jpg

FILE0065.jpg

Nice job so far. lol I have to say, thats the first time I heard of someone glassing there helmet like that, but as they say, live and learn. Can't wait to see this beast sanded down, im sure it'll look fantastic!

haha I've already sanded it down, and yes, it's a beast!! :D unfortunately, it's too dark right now to take pictures, but I'll take some asap. but one noobtastic question: Is there somethin special you're supposed to do when you sand? like detailing?

Depends on how much detail is on teh helmet/how much you want. If the helmet is fairly detailed, you may not have to do much work besides sanding it down smooth. If it lacks some details (indents, grooves, personal details) you can put them in at this stage. You can use a dremal, but i dont know what the best tool is for detailing. Someone wiht a bit more experience 'could help you with that. Also you want to use higher grit sand paper to get it fairly smooth. I wanna say 80,120, 200, 320 and then anyhthng higher than that you will need to wet sand.

ok. lol idk if I'm doin it right, pretty much all I did was mixed it up with an old credit card, then plastered it all over my helm like sheetrock mud, and after it set, I sanded it all down. So idk if this is the "correct" way to do it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back