Halo Reach Suit (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8b

I've found myself having a lot of free time inside with winter on its way. I didn't see myself actually making this many things pieces after starting in July. Soon found out that I really like constructing and building out Halo helmets, and now full suits. This time around I wanted to make a HD suit from Reach. My Mark V suit came out great but overall it only took a few days to pep out all the low res pieces. I've seen a lot of Mark VI suits on here and didn't want to make one of those. A lot of people like them and they're all over the forum, but I like the customization of the Reach suit. So far I plan on building out the most basic for of it and will add different attachments later. As of now I have a Mark V and VI helmet that I can wear with the suit. I plan on painting the Mark VI with the Reach color scheme because I really like how the brim is painted black. Right now I haven't settled on what colors to use but I was thinking maybe a maroon and grey/silver look. Everyone that saw me on halloween knew I was Master Chief or thought I was Bumblebee because of my orange/yellow color. That became annoying pretty quick, though it did offer more photo ops with women lol. Right now the MK VI is sized correctly, but I have to do some trimming to get my head in the Reach MK V. I like having the option of multiple helmets for this go around. I plan on taking my time with the different pieces mainly because the amount of pages and parts that go with each. That also is another reason I'm excited to start this new project.
This is what I've done so far

d46dd93e.jpg

e2d130a3.jpg

1aa350c9.jpg

de95c8c0.jpg

39513506.jpg

e9f15adc.jpg

5b5c60cb.jpg

that looks sweet why doesn't anybody post files on the wiki pep file index any more cuz its hard having to scour the treads for files

that looks sweet why doesn't anybody post files on the wiki pep file index any more cuz its hard having to scour the treads for files

I know what you mean... I'd love it if the Pep file tab actually worked and didn't have to look through every post to find the files I want.

Nice job on the helmet, what color are you painting it?

As of now I'm thinking maroon but that may change in the coming months... I probably won't be able to do any thing besides pep out the pieces until late april when its warm out again... sadly

Welcome to 36 pages of fun! I officially started on my second suit. Knowing me I'm going to spend way too much time into this right away and finish peping too soon. It would be great if I can finish the pep work quickly, but since I can't harden or do anything with them till april I hope it takes awhile. I think I'm the first person who doesn't want to get the pep work out of the way lol.
Spent a few hours cutting out the parts and scoring the folds and taping the taps last night. I like to match them right away so all I have to do it fold and glue when I have everything cut. My system of building is pretty much set so I don't spend hours just trying to get all the pieces together.

923c148c.jpg

626b37da.jpg

Done... and a little big... but I figure that I'll just trim the side pieces and tighten it up so it doesn't stick out so much.

PhotoDec0281156PM.jpg

PhotoDec0281213PM.jpg
PhotoDec0281228PM.jpg

Put the supports in the chest to keep it from warping, other than that it looks good.

This looks really, really good so far. Keep up the great work! =D

Also I am very impressed by the Grif suit build. I could say Geoff would be proud of that.

Thanks Everyone. Once I fit it a little better I'll add the supports... then put it aside for 6 months until I can fiberglass it... sadface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back