Guyver .objs for building

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
A nice little .rar for the complete set are available here

ORIGINAL POST:
I got a little bored today, and my imagination wandered to my anime shelf, where my Guyver boxed set stared at me until I decided to make some pepakura friendly .obj files.

So here's the chest. I used a Daz3d model as a reference (it had a bajillion polygons) and managed to make the monster at a weight of 1142 polygons.

chest1.jpg

Chest2.jpg

and a comparison to Royloo's 3d model which weighed 10,102 polygons O.O

comparison.jpg

Did an unfold test in an unregistered pepakura. Doesn't look too hard, huh?

chesttest.jpg

Will release the .objs when an entire suit is completed... or I abandon the project :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd stick with Royloo's original model as it has all the details.

Btw, you wouldn't also have his Female Guyver .obj file too would you?

Xvang24

I'd stick with Royloo's original model as it has all the details.Xvang24
With over 10,000 polys? Are you a pepakura masochist? :D
The idea for this file is for it to be a foam build of sorts, as fiberglass would be too rigid and not look very guyver-like.
I'll be sticking with the male guyver only... unfortunately I haven't watched enough of the anime or read enough of the manga to know about the female guyver. Besides, I can't find his female guyver file and I don't particualrly feel like looking :p

Have some shinier stuff:

Chest: 868 polygons

guyverchest1.png

Guyverchest2.png

Head 1028 polygons

guyverhelmet.png

Really want to make this for Anime Boston, but I have to finish modeling it first!

Triple Post! Is the reason for the amount of replies because all your jaws are on the floor? ;)

Anywho, completed the arms today and put everything together to test how it looks with a much more accurate blue color. The parts will need to be rescaled to more realistic proportions, and I have yet to weld some things together, like the helmet.

Guyverbust1.jpg

Guyverbust2.jpg

I'm watching this one...That model is looking better and better all the time! So freaking sweet!!!

-GundamLoki

I have never been the one for anime but this suit is turning out to be something really epic and i hope you finish this by the time Anime Boston happens because everyone is probably gonna be very jealous.

The big pain is going to be making it anatomically correct and still look good, because the legs are long as heck (I'm thinking a stilt and bungee system) and the shoulders are about 3 feet wide O.O

Guyver%25201%2520Figure.jpg

A plus side is that I'm skinny as heck so I might be able to make a good Guyver, because other cosplays of the guyver tend to have somewhat big stomachs, like the suit by EvilFX, which looks great besides the stomach thing and arm thickness:

d039e348779545d10a0514aaf99b948c.jpg

However, this is going to be a thread for the model only. If I actually build it I'll start a separate, don't worry moderators ;)

And as a warning, only unfolded files will be available (.obj) as I don't have the registered version of Pepakura: I respect the company far too much to pirate their software.

Looking great so far. It will be nice to see how this turns out, I Love a good pep file and this could very well make a great foam build.

Oooh! Comments! Now I can stop crying twin waterfalls of loneliness :D
Work with the model has slowed down due to finding the 2005 anime... so... shiny! Such good voice quality!
Oh yeah, I also have final exams this week. That will slow down progress a bit too. XD
I haven't made any progress, so to make up for it I give you this awesome thing I found on Youtube:

Foam build note: $20 for 24 square feet at Wally worlds. Maybe once I sell my textbooks...

So I had some free time. I goofed around with the scaling and managed to find a balance between (theoretical) anatomical and canon accuracy. If the shin pieces are to be the correct length stilts required would need to be (theoretically) over 1.5' tall! (I'm thinking drywall stilts would be the best suited for that, but that's a discussion for a different thread)

Model adjusted to fit a thinner person (like me!)

guyverwiththighs.jpg

BTW, yes I still need to model the shins and feet. But why do that when I can watch anime and study for exams? It'll give me an excuse to not spend time with my brothers over Christmas vacation :$

OMG would you please send the pep files when you get them Im willing to pay

No payment necessary! Information wants to be free, so who am I to argue? I guess I'll invest some $$ and buy pepkaura one of these days.

Sorry, no progress on the 3d model yet. But to make this post worth something I'll post a picture from an awesome anime movie... thing I found (Metal Skin Panic Madox 01):

Madox_03.jpg

Now to watch the scenery fly by ^_^

looks great so far, I like his helmet Gurren Lagann, there is the file? oh so many things I like Mazinkaiser SKL, in the future if someone created the file would be my NEXT project, now download the Hull Lucy (Elfen Lied). Well I look forward to all this files. Guyver, Greetings

can i have?

hello just been reading about your 3D design. is there any chance you can send me the pdo files please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back