Guyver .objs for building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!
I finally got the nerve to tackle the shins. Here they are on the rest of the Guyver:

guyversee1.jpg

guyversee2.jpg

guyversee3.jpg

I was too lazy to crop the pictures :D

DOUBLE POST!!! YAY!!!

So the feet were the most difficult part, mainly because they were essentially fancy sneakers. With a foam build in mind they are kinda like knee socks, like so:

(Please ignore the lighting derps)

feets1.jpg

feets2.jpg

Again, too lazy to crop the feet picture, but unless you have a predilection for perfect feet pictures I think you'll forgive me.

And here's Guyver 01 with his new shoes, completing the suit model, yay!

Guyverwhole1.jpg

Guyverwhole2.jpg

Model weights a total of 4797 polygons with 3575 vertices, in case you were wondering.

I'll upload the complete file eventually, so all you people play around with the shoeless one for now :3

Note: With the feet it would bring a required height extension of approximately 18"... stilts anyone?

Modifying scale so height extension is only 6", otherwise it would be way too bulky to wear around easily.
While doing some test unfolding in my unregistered version of pepakura the shins alone have around 900 flaps. This is not for the feint of heart.
However, instead of using foam I am looking into coating Pepakura pieces in truck bed liner. Seen the stuff in action (thank you, Mythbusters) and it looks promising, that is if the aresol stuff works as well as the spray-on stuff.

I will begin building in a few days, when I have access to unlimited B&W printing at college :)

Suit files will be released once I have the money to buy pepakura. Be patient, as my financial status is that of a hikikomori right now :'( Perhaps if I make a few models to sell on turbosquid I'll be able to afford it.

Looking way to cool. I'm really looking at this one, and it could very well be my next build. If not then def. the third.

I also wanted to take the time to say thank you for all you're herd work on this Awesome project.

well i can allways pay you to do some files for me XD

If you know of some people looking for files to be modeled in 3d, let me know. I have nothing but free time. I just don't know how much I should charge for my services :)

well i can allways use soe more files like i need tigers suit made and a power ranger helmet made as well as well as 3 full suits of armro made from final fantasy

If you could PM me some references, I'll see what I can do. I have nothing but time... that's what I get for making most of my classes on Tuesdays ^^

well, i feel like a knob. teach me to read the first page of the thread. got your files and ive started modifying them for foam. cant wait for the rest of the legs

Updating first page... sorry for the lack of updates, went home for the semester and it's been as hard as I've thought it would be :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back