CHARK19 Mass Effect WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHARK19

Hi everybody! This is my Commander Shepard WIP, Scratch-build. Woohoo!

It's actually for my younger brother, but theres a chance he wont have it for long...hes not really into the costume scene :(
Funny thing is, he's alot BIGGER than me, so the suit doesn't fit him well (a few minor adjustments should do the trick, though.)
And if he really doesn't want it...I'll just wear it to the ME3 release at gamestop.:p

M3.png

There's no stripe down the arm, because he never told me what he wanted. He likes orange, but I want to give him the fair choice. I would've totally gone with a blue stripe!

M3O.png

You know...its that Omni-Tool-Blade...thing? Heck I dunno. I always played a VANGUARD, I'm not a huge fan of it. But hey, it's orange, right?

Sorry I don't have a gun just yet. See he's an Infiltrator (Sniper Rifle, Pistol), and I'm a Vanguard (Shotgun, Pistol). I guess I should make a pistol?
More pics when I get 'em!

That's one lucky brother you got there. I would love to have my own Shepard! It's one of my feature costumes that I plan to do once I finish my Spartan and my Ezio. I like the Omni tool. Also, you're right i think it would look better with the blue stripe on the arm. Great work!

What material did you use? Metalfire is right, your brother is very lucky. I'd tell my brother to make his own... ;-)

What material did you use? Metalfire is right, your brother is very lucky. I'd tell my brother to make his own... ;-)
Aw, thanks guys! Yeah, I've already got like 3 different costumes all for myself. Besides, he might not want to wear it much, and I don't mind sharing. I'll prob replace his orange/red stripe with a blue stripe.;)

To answer your question, it's all ducktape and cardboard! Same with the Omni-Blade, but I covered that with an orange plastic sheet.
I'm not quite finished with it all, but I'm real happy with what I've done so far! It only took about a week or two!
Expect more pics closer to March! Woohoo!

WOW! I never would have guessed that you made the armor from cardboard and duct tape! Omni tool was a little obvious, but not the armor, not at first glance anyway. Fantastic job!

Okay, younger bro finally chose red, so I made the arm stripe red. BUT he says he wouldn't be caught dead (or something along the lines) wearing a suit of cardboard armor (whilst at the midnight release party)...Therefore, I shall unregrettably REPLACE this RED STRIPE with a more attractive BLUE STRIPE! *and there was much rejoicing*

And for keepsake, here is a pic of me with the red stripe:
M31.png

More pics later on! I might even have a gun by weeks end!!!

Behold, my "M-12 Locust SMG"!

locustsmg.png

544_realsize.jpg

...again, ALL cardboard and ducktape.:$
The real challenge is attaching this thing to my lower back.:confusedAny suggestions?

More pics when I get 'em!

The Cardboard Vanguard returns!
M31b.png

Sorry its a bit out of focus...

M31a.png

It's all pretty "flat", to be honest. But hey, it works right? Who's looking at the back anyways?! ;)

And whats a soldier without a gun? Behold, my updated Locust SMG:
locustsmg1.png

It fires imaginary bullets and is actually kinda heavy!

I'm so ready to pick this game up! The demo is getting old!
I'm Commander Shepard, and I'm a Cardboard Vanguard! What's your game?! :)
Thanks everybody! See yall on the 6th of March!

Okay, sorry to not have killed this thread just yet, but I just built myself a helmet. Took two to three days? I dunno. Boy my head hurts.
Anyways, I wanted it to act as two pieces, like in this picture:
mass1.png

See, the "Robocop" style is cool, but I just couldn't bring myself to build a removable faceplate. Sorry.

Here's one:
N7helmet.png

And Two:
N7helmet1.png

But then...
N7helmet2.png

I RAN OUT OF BLACK DUCKTAPE!!!
*Big sadface*

And not only that, (Hang on to your drink) I tried my little abomination on and it doesn't fit with my ridiculously oversized collar!
Oh, the inhumanity!!!
I'll post some more pics before the 6th. Just because :)

Edit: Hey, what do you think? Should I remove the faceplate and expose half my purty face to the world, or leave it as is?
Also, all those silver lines? Yeah, should I get rid of 'em??? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back