wow. very creative with the foam. and you really exerted effort since the foam you're using occasionally melts under the hot glue.
keep it up and complete it soon.
Anyway, have an update: Two gigantic shoulders, two biceps and a forearm.
I'm so close to finishing it. I'd make the other forearm and neck pieces but I have the a page for my webcomic due at 1am tomorrow XD
I actually freaked out one of my friends by crushing the helmet into a little ball and popping it back up again.
The following is your Guyver Helmet:
The Following is your Guyver Helmet on drugs:
I just tore open a small seam while squishing it around, oopsie
Just got some stuff in the mail:
Tore apart some $10 glasses (including shipping) for their lenses XD
Oh yeah. I almost forgot: I finished the major parts of the costume. Just need to do a few neck pieces and add the trim on the shins and thighs!
Last edited by GMer56; 03-28-2012 at 05:22 PM.
nice dude looks pretty clean. just kinda worried foam looks like its too thin.
i would suggest you put another layer just to be safe. but thats just me LOL.
hope to see more updates
When life gives you lemons you paint the sh*t Gold!!!!!!
Last edited by GMer56; 03-28-2012 at 08:54 PM.
non the less, even transparent it looks awesome! :-)
the duct tape idea might work pretty good. :-)
What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
So I tried it on last night:
Even Tesla approves
And I just finished the base coat for the forearm (left or right I don't know). Amazingly the paint didn't dissolve the foam XD
The ridges are more visible than I'd like. Perhaps for Anime Boston next year I'll used some actual underlayment instead of ridged sill gasket. Oddly enough they cost about the same, just the gasket is cheaper to get in smaller quantities.
Last edited by GMer56; 03-29-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Updating content
Hey man that suit is coming out awesome!!
Just a suggestion, Try using Plasti-Dip if you can. I think that would make a better finish on the foam and give it some more strength.
Added the tuby things and finished the mouthpieces for the helmet. Enjoy the only pic:
The black base coat of paint was apparently cheap, as it flakes off. However the blue paint seems flexible on the piece of scrap I tested. So I'm gonna paint it up tomorrow, as today it was kinda rainy-ish.
BTW, I'm skipping the trim on the shins. I'm just being lazy
Last edited by GMer56; 04-01-2012 at 03:42 PM.