SRS S2-AM Sniper Rifle Build WIP Weathered

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokr1

Jr Member
Hello all,

Photo's of finished piece can be found on page 5!

I am starting on an SRS S2 am sniper rifle, completely with changeable magazine, chamber, and hopefully some bullets. I will post pics as soon as i will start building, i am beginning to sketch the outline today, and transfer it to wood. If anyone got tips, feel free to post them. This weapon will be used in a movie, so feel free to check out http://www.facebook.com/SonsoftheBattlefield .

i will update this threat as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Dominique

Just an update, i have started on the rifle, printed the outline of the body, and started cutting the edges. This is just the main body, changeable mag, scope, chamber etc. will follow later.

The first one is uncut, with my hand, to compare the size.
muehc5.jpg

This one is cut out, next step is to draw it out on the wood, and continue!

v33as1.jpg

Updates will follow soon!

Dominique

yeah, i am hoping to continue on thursday :) I will keep going on, and hoping for a good result. btw, this is my first build :D

wow. with all the details you've got drawn up there, this baby is gonna look killer... what do you plan on making it out of?

wow. with all the details you've got drawn up there, this baby is gonna look killer... what do you plan on making it out of?

Mostly MDF, some plywood for the mag, chamber etc. But it is a wood project :). I have an antique restore proffesional helping me out, so i hope it will turn out great. Still not sure if the size is good enough though.

Mostly MDF, some plywood for the mag, chamber etc. But it is a wood project :). I have an antique restore proffesional helping me out, so i hope it will turn out great. Still not sure if the size is good enough though.

making it larger would help while cutting details in (ie. they wouldn't be quite so fiddly), however, too large and it looses all authenticity and just looks like an oversized prop. i would stick to the scale you've got, the grip looks perfect in relation to your hand so i wouldn't change the size at all :)

I will stick with this then, i hope i will have the basic outline this thursday, so keep an eye out, and i hope this will turn out good :p

hey all,

Here are the promised updates!

Here i started on drawing the body on MDF-wood, using Carbon-paper.

34ytlk8.jpg

Here i am busy cutting the wood in shape.

2eghd8k.jpg

Last pic of the day, all the work done so far.

24ms5tt.jpg

Feel free to comment!

Looking good so far. It takes allot of hart to carve it out like that, and even more skill. My hats off to you :)

Looking good so far. It takes allot of hart to carve it out like that, and even more skill. My hats off to you :)
Thank you very much :p this is only 20% or something like that. It will be 3 layers, the scope, the cylinderlike body/barrel, barrel, magazine, and maybe a chamber. Keep an eye out for more updates :D

Got some work done today, i've cutted out the other 2 pieces, and gleud them together. unfortunatly no pictures while i am doing that, but the result is seen below. Tomorrow i will start working out the details on both sides, And rounding the edges etc.
NOTE: this will be the total thickness of the body.

Tips are always welcome! Thank you guys for the support!

5ev47l.jpg

2rx6sm1.jpg

Here my progress so far, the stock is finished, some detailing will be done later. Scope etc will follow. Starting on the rest of the body when i have time. Trigger will be able to move, magazine will be changeable, and perhaps a locking chamber.

Here is the body in close up.

ddyzcy.jpg

Here i am with the rifle so far.

ouxu13.jpg

Hey all, it's been a while since i updated, but here it is. All the work done so far. Changeable magazine = almost done, just some finishing touches. It is a bit too bulky, soo gotta shave that down a bit. Some goes for the front handle-bar.

Need to buy some aluminium sheets for the legs. Scope will be the next thing on my list, but due to the use of electronics there's a lot of figuring out to do by me.

Here is all the work done so far, i am holding the handlebar, because i need to make the hole to put it in.

f4f9l.jpg

Here is it with the magazine laying beside it.

2uzxycw.jpg

And here it is without a magazine.

33djpd0.jpg

Tips are always welcome!

Thank you all for your positivity and feedback so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back