Updated===Halo Reach: Custom Character(xbl profile: HYuNdAi2806)===4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyundai2806

So i have a new project thats not just motorcycle painting
playermodel.ashx?rpis=ROwFk3nFM5$MpV1ixvIXEg==.png

^^^ This is spartan 2806 my reach character ^^^

starting this project tonight, helmet first will be posting progression pictures every chance i get,(as pieces are being finished)
pretty limited with resources in the area im currently located in so i will be as productive as possible with the time frame i have between work and sleep, as i work night shifts 12 hours 12 days out of every two weeks,soooooooo with a 4 month window its lookin really tight. i have no room for error so and suggestions as i go will be recognized but unless its worth of a word i more than likely wont respond.
im going to be putting my best into this for the first go ive been eager for my own suit for years.

ill be in the showcase soon you just watch ;)

--------------------------

OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKK UPDATE!!!!!!

Ok so here is a rundown

Was able to knock out the JFO variant helmet in a day with a completion time of a little over 6 hours and 10 minutes

04172012618.jpg

at 4 hours and 30 minutes approximately

04172012621.jpg

completion at 6 hours 10 minutes

ok its my FIRST pepakura skeleton ive EVER done, for my first time i caught on pretty well by my own standards, im a pretty crafty person so in the future im sure you will see even better work come completion time of the entire suit

dont bash on it too hard but id like to hear what anyones gotta say tyyyyyyyy

Last edited by a moderator:
That is sick, JFO all the way man that is a really clean build, i have a JFO of my own i'm working on right now, and the chest is to be dreaded, i've been working on mine for over four weeks and at least a dozen hours just cutting the 40 pages of pep needed to make it. but if you put necessary time into the piece it will always look amazing. good luck!

well i was surprised i caught on so well
i knocked it out alot faster than i thought it would, kinda build up my own cutting and line preferation technique, im sure ppl do the same but i didnt take the time to scourge the forums for tips i just like to throw my myself in the fray and learn through trial and error
i just told myself since it was my first build that i had no room for error lol i was so scared it would be off shaped it came out very nice by my standards

Agree, your pep work looks very clean and well put together...Go with what ever technique works best for you. I'm sure we all have different ways of cutting, folding and gluing.

on the glueing part do you guys use a hot glue gun?? ive heard thats what most ppl use but im not sure. i found something pretty useful for my glueing and isnt costly or require more than itself in material

Personally I love hot glue over super glue or Elmer's. I can take the burn cuz it hurts so good. And nice helmet I should have not done EOD lol

that is some clean pep work. i really love the jfo helmet, not many builds though. when you resin the helmet add extra reinforcment on the ear sections and specially the chin area at the very bottom it warped on on me when i resined it but bondo fixes everything.

edit: i used the same cutting board until the wifey caught me and got mad, but she bought me my own.

resin and fiberglassing

ok so ive been looking for different ways to go about this..ive never resined or fiberglassed anything or used bondo and such..

really cant afford(speaking time wise) to mess this up i need this completed in a matter or months on a very strict working schedule.. i already know the chest piece itself with more than likely take around 10-12 maybe even 15 hours of total work time. im not too excited to start it but it needs to be done.
another thing..is sizing..i have no idea what the measurements for the chest are scaled to or how to scale it
i might even need a new pep prgram to be managing this full suit project

like ive said before im not here to ask for help only suggestions i will build and rebuild peices if need be.
i just really gotta get this shiz doneeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

thank you very much, had the unfortunate second pep piece(CQC shoulder variant) not having corresponding plot points so my first dabbles into peping have been very troublesome lol

CQC Variant Shoulder Plate(Right) PEP-UPDATE

So with these next upcoming updates i thought it would be need to kinda draw out the progress as it goes along, so for my custom Reach character pic, he will start as a ghost, with completed pep pieces revealing the progress, just a little addition XD

405thGHOST.jpg

so now here we are, i know ppl on here knock out arm pieces and custom additions left and right, but what else am i supposed to post if not my own progress??? :D

04192012624.jpg

as you can see..theres a very important characteristic missing from his pep model..YES!!!
You're absolUTELY right..
ITS MISSING THE DAMN PLOT POINTS!!! >.<

anyways..
04192012625.jpg

04192012627.jpg

====(Completion Time- 3hrs)

working that center raised piece(only because its a very stretched octagonal shape) was a pain in the ass..but. it came out pretty damn straight all the way around for not having corresponding points.
though my battle through it can by illustrated in this manner
4f3986abe1175ba30edd45c81c4db325.gif

thanks for tunin in ill hopefully have the Commando variant(Left) shoulder plate by tonight or tomorrow morning. i just got off work so its sleeeeeppptime

The commando piece is in making at 1hr so far almost half put together, will be finishing it tomorrow if time allows :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Been kinda set back none of my pep files would open for some reason but i've got everything back on track.
all my lines are scored for the Commando shoulder plate, also got some fiberglass resin just to do the outside coats for the helmet and CQC shoulder plate, guess we'll see if i mess those up or not,lol all these processes are my first time, but as you can tell from the JFO helmet i catch on rather quickly :D

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

sweet, cant wait to see how the resin and glassing go, resin covers on the outer layer a lot more than you would think, the first time me and my friend used it we made only three ounces and had two and a half left over after doing a shoulder pad and a very simple chest piece. also make sure to take it slow, i would hate to see those awesome pep pieces get warped or smooshed by the brush because of rushing, trust me, it will be okay if you let a little resin harden as long as the pieces look great like i know they will!

its 110lb cardstock so its pretty sturdy compared to the other ones we have here at home, like 60lb and 80lb, i think itll take the resin pretty well without warping.
i think ill do the resin coats this weekend, i found this little scaling program on here byyyyyyyyyyy..lets see...lol

Thread: Mroreo123's Armor Scaling And Measurement Tool

we'll see how that works not really sure..im very very very VVEERRRYYYYYYYYYYY un-enthused to start the chest peice..being a reach HD piece im scared it wont fit right..
ive seen ways to scale with measurements and its just seeming a pain in my head with work and home stuff and the deadline for this suit just panging down on me like DMR rounds in swat, buttt well see.

I think im going to complete the Commando variant piece first before i decide to resin the CQC plate and the JFO helmet, thanx MadFireFox for the heads up i just know its better to make more than be shorthanded, but ill still watch my ammounts its not expensive stuff but the more i have to work with in less time and less money to spend will be the best route to go i appreciate the info.
$10 says ill finish the CQC tonight once i actually get started on it, gotta make some deer chilli right now while i have deer meat...YES THIS IS TEXAS ;)
and if you havent had deer its greeeaaaaaaaatttttttt

ill keep you guys posted

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

Visor

its been damn near impossible to just find some reflective blue tint for the visor..but i figured out something else to get the same effect and style im looking to hit

i just ordered in some chemistry face shields to apply for the visor ill update as soon as i start cutting them out.

it IS going to be a dual lens visor to get that same effect as the one from the reach JFO helmets visor

JFO Helm ;)

oooKK...SOOOOOOO

i had to redo this post cuz the last f@$ked up some how but anyways
got promoted to a unit supervisor so ive had my hands full especially with the increasing illegal alien activity down here, ANYWAYS!!!!!!

this is what ya guys wanted so heres a little teaser ;)
enjoy

05302012789.jpg

FacePlate (Dual Layer)

SSSSoooooooooooo will be workin on the dual layer faceplates today
HOPEFULLY...i can get the same effect like those iron man looking crevices at the eye level portion of the visor

heres a picture of the chemical face shields i ordered from ebay they were about $5 a piece which wasnt bad..i didnt realize how wide their surface area was though so i just might have to do some custom shaving around the faceplate inlet on the helmet..im really hoping that i can get them to fit in properly without too much fuss

also..im not exactly sure how ill be KEEPING them in the helmet...i know ill most likely never need to change out the faceplate but if i ever need to maintenance the helmet i dont wanna have to have something thats permanently attached..if you guys have any pointers on how youve attached your faceplates to be removed and changed give me a heads up.

ill probly just be cutting out and fitting today. im going to to look for the blue fild to give it the color for the custom visor like in my character

hopefully ill have this all squared away by the end of the weekend

06092012798.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back